We're like the NFC version of the Stealers

James in PA

Reaction score
Yes, I know they have a bunch of trophies, I'm talking about current state.

Same record currently

Usually win in the same ugly fashion

A HC who's been around forever that won an Owl early on, but hasn't done jack in years.

Good defenses carrying jokes of offenses

Both fanbases screaming for their OC to be canned, but both coaches too stubborn to do it.

Just good enough to finish barely above .500

ccla

Reaction score

Same record currently

A HC who's been around forever that won an Owl early on, but hasn't done jack in years.

Both fanbases screaming for their OC to be canned, but both coaches too stubborn to do it.

Purgatory, not good enough to push into the playoff, but not bad enough to get a good pick (this year notwithstanding). The definition of mediocrity.

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's certainly an interesting comparison between the teams. Both head coaches are known as player coaches who develop a culture for how their players should act and what they want to do as a team. Both want to run the ball and play excellent defense, meaning their teams rarely get blown out. Both have won consistently in a league that sees head coaches lose their jobs all the time. Both have also not been able to get their team above a WC level push for many years and continue to employ coordinators who probably shouldn't last long due to loyalty.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score

Same record currently

No, the Stealers are an upper middle of the pack "good" team. We are an upper bottom third, bad team, until we prove otherwise....

That said I'd take their D over ours any day of the week.

I'd take Geno and our offense over theirs though, Pickett sucks, IDK if that guy will be able to hold his job when inevitably he is demoted to backup someday soon.

We have the elements of a good Defense, but are nowhere consistent enough to be really good yet.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
It's certainly an interesting comparison between the teams. Both head coaches are known as player coaches who develop a culture for how their players should act and what they want to do as a team. Both want to run the ball and play excellent defense, meaning their teams rarely get blown out. Both have won consistently in a league that sees head coaches lose their jobs all the time. Both have also not been able to get their team above a WC level push for many years and continue to employ coordinators who probably shouldn't last long due to loyalty.
Sometimes I wonder if coaches like Tomlin, and Caroll, well they just get "too comfortable". If he didn't have such ease of job security, would he do better adjustments, and have better assistant coaching staff?