Vietnam Veteran gives Bennett his Unit Coin from Vietnam

TestMo1337

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/934980809991233536[/tweet]

ESPN Video Link

Seems like this veteran didn't take issue with Bennett's protest and support his actions. Bennett sat again this Sunday against the Niners.

sutz

Reaction score
Not all veterans think Bennetts protest is evil. I don't .

replicant

Reaction score
I'm a U. S. Navy veteran and to me his sitting during the national anthem is the same as if he were to spit on the American flag. The only way I would forgive him and the rest who kneel or sit would be if they were to collectively admit it was a stupid way to try and make their point.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well good on that vet for having a larger scope and a greater perspective than most of the mob in this country.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
replicant":3q2wvgcx said:
I'm a U. S. Navy veteran and to me his sitting during the national anthem is the same as if he were to spit on the American flag. The only way I would forgive him and the rest who kneel or sit would be if they were to collectively admit it was a stupid way to try and make their point.

I understand the way you feel. But some other veterans feel that Bennett expressing the rights that they fought for is actually a good thing.

The flag and the national anthem represents the country as a whole, not just the military. So when people see something going on in their country that they think is horrible, and the president of said country supports said horrible thing, maybe protesting during the anthem is exactly the perfect way to make their point.

sutz

Reaction score
replicant":zb97hhuo said:
Yeah, well, my vet status is to the left. Frankly, I feel like the reason I served was to give people the right to do what those players are doing. Call me silly, but forced patriotism is not really very free IMNSHO.