Vanilla flavored Seahawks

IndyHawk

Reaction score
misfit":1z73vjbe said:
IndyHawk":1z73vjbe said:
John63":1z73vjbe said:
zchurch74":1z73vjbe said:
I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Russ looked really slow tonight. Nothing special on offense and D played pretty well against a terrible Eagles offense. We can beat the Giants and Paper Airplanes and the Football Team with a game plan like tonight.

Our O-line looked really bad and has to play A LOT better to even have a chance against the Rams and not blow it against the Football Team. I don’t think we will play a D-line as tough as the Eagles until we play the Rams. Washington is good but we will be better.

Go Hawks!
I agree but I think it is because pc is back to same old and Wilson and the players don't like it.
Yes PC is back because he let Russ cook and Russ burned up with
his play in those losses..It's a team game and they are in the win
business..The D has been doing better with Russ cooking less (yes)?
Russ is a great game manager and wins more by doing that.
As for players and Wilson not liking it..How the hell would you know?
I know for a fact they all like winning and so do most of us :2thumbs:
I hate this take so much

the defense is not better cuz russ is cooking less. you need rbs.
maybe cuz they got dunlap and snacks and other players back and are playing more agressive.
KC is running the ball more, is Patrick Mahomes a great game manager?
You disagree with my take and that's fine but I'm using results and not the Chiefs lol.
Are they running more?I just saw Hill get over 200 in a half.
The Chiefs have a lot more firepower on offense,a QB who
is 6:3 and can run..It matters BUT when they lose some pieces
after cap hell we will find out just how good PM's is..

misfit

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1fgv6h66 said:
misfit":1fgv6h66 said:
IndyHawk":1fgv6h66 said:
John63":1fgv6h66 said:
I agree but I think it is because pc is back to same old and Wilson and the players don't like it.
I hate this take so much

maybe cuz they got dunlap and snacks and other players back and are playing more agressive.
You disagree with my take and that's fine but I'm using results and not the Chiefs lol.
theyve ran a lot more partly why mahomes td numbers are down compared to the past. dk put up a career high last night and we didnt run that much, you could say that wasnt very balanced. but theres no evidence thats why the defense is playing better or that russ was hurting the defense.

TypeSly

Reaction score
misfit":va9coxvo said:
IndyHawk":va9coxvo said:
misfit":va9coxvo said:
IndyHawk":va9coxvo said:
I hate this take so much

theyve ran a lot more partly why mahomes td numbers are down compared to the past. dk put up a career high last night and we didnt run that much, you could say that wasnt very balanced. but theres no evidence thats why the defense is playing better or that russ was hurting the defense.

Running the ball chews up more time off the clock, so it's important to have a decent running attack, so that the D can get more rest in between possessions. Even Pete said himself, that was part of the problem for the bad defensive performances earlier.

olyfan63

Reaction score
misfit":1qp1xstu said:
IndyHawk":1qp1xstu said:
John63":1qp1xstu said:
zchurch74":1qp1xstu said:
I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Russ looked really slow tonight. Nothing special on offense and D played pretty well against a terrible Eagles offense. We can beat the Giants and Paper Airplanes and the Football Team with a game plan like tonight.

Our O-line looked really bad and has to play A LOT better to even have a chance against the Rams and not blow it against the Football Team. I don’t think we will play a D-line as tough as the Eagles until we play the Rams. Washington is good but we will be better.

Go Hawks!
I hate this take so much

It's actually an accurate take from the standpoint of turnovers by Russell and the offense. All the turnovers in that stretch against AZ, Buffalo, and the Rams created extra problems for our then-crap defense.

The last couple games, coincidentally both wins, Russell and the Hawks have had next to no turnovers, putting less pressure on the defense. Of course, the defense has also played increasingly better, almost looking NFL-average at times.

To paraphrase and pervert, "..The D has been doing better with Russ cooking less apple turnovers for opponents and more moonball pies for DK."

Nunya

Reaction score
John63":3675hueo said:
zchurch74":3675hueo said:

Go Hawks!

How in the heck do you know what the players are liking??? In every interview, the players seem upbeat, excited, and optimistic. Not really an attitude you would expect to see if players were upset with their coach. Some people might be taken more serious around here if they would stop projecting and spouting stuff from their tail.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Happy with the W and the defense looking pretty good. The offensive play calling that resulted in two failed 4th downs in the first quarter would cost the game against a quality opponent.

John63

Reaction score
this should not be a surprise. This is PCs MO. We started hot running a style of offense, but not a style PC liked. He changed it we struggled, and now back to same old same old. So be prepared for bets case 2nd round exit. He did it in 2015 ,and 2017. The reality is he only like running, throwing long, and keeping it close and winning in the end. So no matter how much of a lease he gives at some point he will revert. And with the defense showing some signs of life it will get worse.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gl3nqsr said:
8-3, the sky is not falling...…..

8-3 that could have been 11-0 or 3-8 not like we are beating anyone and leaving no doubt. 8-3 does not mean we cannot be or could not hav ebeen better.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":z0k96hny said:
8-3, the sky is not falling...…..

Sure isn't but I think people are buckling up for another 2nd round playoff bounce. 11-12 win Playoff team, better than average, a good team, but not a contender.

I don't fault people for wanting more because you know the talent on the team is there and the coaching is there if they choose to adapt where needed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that's me, I don't want more because I'm not freaking out about an 8-3 record :? Got it...…..
And I've never once said they can't get better. As usual, people love to assume how someone else looks at the team.
They absolutely can and need to get better. Why is it that if someone doesn't go full sky is falling, it somehow equates to them being satisfied and not wanting better????? If you actually knew me and/or watched a game with me, you'd see a hell of a lot different person than you think you see on here. I get plenty pissed off, way too much in fact.

And I'm not buckling up for a 2nd round bounce. I never assume losing, ever. That mentality is a waste of evergy imo. If it happens, so be it. I believe this team can make the Super Bowl, homer or not, that's how I feel and I stick with it. But, this is a perfect example of why I feel like I should post a lot less...…..

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2km8zl4a said:
Yeah, that's me, I don't want more because I'm not freaking out about an 8-3 record :? Got it...…..
And I've never once said they can't get better. As usual, people love to assume how someone else looks at the team.
They absolutely can and need to get better. Why is it that if someone doesn't go full sky is falling, it somehow equates to them being satisfied and not wanting better????? If you actually knew me and/or watched a game with me, you'd see a hell of a lot different person than you think you see on here. I get plenty pissed off, way too much in fact.

And I'm not buckling up for a 2nd round bounce. I never assume losing, ever. That mentality is a waste of evergy imo. If it happens, so be it. I believe this team can make the Super Bowl, homer or not, that's how I feel and I stick with it. But, this is a perfect example of why I feel like I should post a lot less...…..

Yup, pretty much this.

Around here, if you're not fully on the "pitchforks & fire <insert name here> bandwagon" that means you're perfectly happy with everything & the way it's going.

Disagreeing that KNJ & PC should be fired midseason when the team is 5-0 is not saying that you think the defense is doing just fine.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":lljejujk said:
SoulfishHawk":lljejujk said:

Yup, pretty much this.

Around here, if you're not fully on the "pitchforks & fire <insert name here> bandwagon" that means you're perfectly happy with everything & the way it's going.

Disagreeing that KNJ & PC should be fired midseason when the team is 5-0 is not saying that you think the defense is doing just fine.

I see the point(s) and agree.

But you could make a similar argument that extremism has led to dismissiveness of any criticism in light of the win-loss ratio.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Every time we have a healthy running game and the defense shows signs of life, the offense immediately takes the foot off the gas and turtles. At least the first half of the season was actually entertaining and not just variations of the same 23-16 drudgery. Frankly if we're going to lose in the second round I would rather it be a 37-34 shootout than a snoozefest where we don't score until the 4th quarter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They dominated the game. It's was 14 zip and the Eagle's had minus 6 yards.
The only reason they scored their two "touchdowns" was a fluke hail mary and the refs handing them a drive on a ridiculous non-call on an obvious intentional grounding.
Winning doesn't have to look a certain way, period. I can only hope that they come up with a cure for NWBS, and soon...…...

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Felt like a Thanksgiving weekend hangover game with dash of virus as the NFL struggles to keep the season going.

Announcers = Terrible. Even beyond the east coast bias (a wise man once said, 'News travels from east to west in America.')

Refs = Terrible. On both sides. Tho the Eagles looked horribly undisciplined in the first quarter as well.

Eagles = Not good. Record is what they is.

Seahawks = Managed to put up 14 pts in the first half, even tho the 4th down attempts seemed like they were trying to keep the Eagles in the game early on. Blowouts are bad for ratings.

Even tho Pete likes to play every game close, for sure expect more of the same over the next three weeks. Nice to have creams puff stretch this late in the season to rest up Carson, Lockett, et al!