UPDATED: AVRIL SIGNS With SEATTLE!!!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3cgux4xk said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3cgux4xk said:
Brilliant deal. 2 years.

Clemons clone. Ideal LEO. 6'3" 260. 4.51 40. 40 sacks in his career over 5 seasons.

Yea some people were like wtf, but those stats are nasty even with the others on that line in Detroit.

Like Clem - he isn't as well suited to a regular 4-3 DE spot. I see him shining as a LEO.

pinksheets

Reaction score
HawkFan72":z28gpb35 said:
pinksheets":z28gpb35 said:
GCrow":z28gpb35 said:
Dude. What. I'm using this GIF for probably everything.

That's one of my favorites all time. I have seen it a few times, and it makes me laugh EVERY time.
I'm kind of pissed right now cause I'm trying to find an excuse to use it on a different forum, but haven't found a good one.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That contract makes me excited. Pete knows who will excel on Defense in his system, so he knows exactly how he wants to use Avril. To get him at that price is pretty insane.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
2yr 15Mil is not bad I'd expected it was worse. shoot Kruger got 5yr $41 Mil and he just had 1 good year. Avril has had 8+sack 3 years in a row

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
We get a big boost for our pass rush and don't destroy the cap for the next several years. THIS IS AWESOME!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":qz0eozvq said:
NFSeahawks628":qz0eozvq said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":qz0eozvq said:
Brilliant deal. 2 years.

Clemons clone. Ideal LEO. 6'3" 260. 4.51 40. 40 sacks in his career over 5 seasons.

Yea some people were like wtf, but those stats are nasty even with the others on that line in Detroit.

Like Clem - he isn't as well suited to a regular 4-3 DE spot. I see him shining as a LEO.

I think Clemons is better against the run, Avril has been pretty poor in that area. But our pass rush should be similar with either of them in there.

w00t

Reaction score
Since Clemons came to Seattle, he's been a beast. He reads those RB screens really well. I hope Avril does the same.

kearly

Reaction score
Chris Clemons is about to get the Leon Washington treatment. Shop --> restructure --> release. He's owed $8.17 million this year and $9.67 million the next. He does have a decently large dead money number ($5,833,334), but Seattle would be wise to go this route. Even if they have to release Clemons, Abraham is a superior option for 2013 and could be had for less, even when factoring the dead money.

drdiags

Reaction score
Like the 2 yr deal option. Didn't think Avril would go for anything less than 4 yrs $40M. Seems his market was not as hot as he had hoped. The Seahawks could still re-sign Branch with this type of contract.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2jkvuhvv said:
I think Clemons is better against the run, Avril has been pretty poor in that area. But our pass rush should be similar with either of them in there.

Clemons was bad against the run when he lined up as a LDE in Philly as well. Neither take on double teams with TEs well.

In our system - he has the weak-side DT in a 3 technique which basically requires a tackle to block down on him.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
So how long will it take San Francisco to sign John Abraham now that we've got Avril? I put the over/under at about three hours.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
chuck-norris-approves.gif

drdiags

Reaction score
kearly":34du7m14 said:
Chris Clemons is about to get the Leon Washington treatment. Shop --> restructure --> release. He's owed $8.17 million this year and $9.67 million the next. He does have a decently large dead money number ($5,833,334), but Seattle would be wise to go this route. Even if they have to release Clemons, Abraham is a superior option for 2013 and could be had for less, even when factoring the dead money.

I was thinking this at first but with how short the length of this contract is I am no longer sure. It does end the same time as Clemons so for long term planning the LEO would be Irvin's to own or someone else younger developed. If the team went this route, I would think after they see how Clemons responds to his ACL repair. If he has to go on the PUP, they could cut him once the period expires?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Seems like a great deal for us. Can't believe we got him for that price. I have to believe its because he is poor against the run though.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2w6ie1nn said:
HawkFan72":2w6ie1nn said:

Clemons was bad against the run when he lined up as a LDE in Philly as well. Neither take on double teams with TEs well.

In our system - he has the weak-side DT in a 3 technique which basically requires a tackle to block down on him.

That's a good point and hopefully the same is true for Avril then.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":vqkpkzd3 said:

Disagree. WE still have plenty of room available. No reason to get rid of Clemons. CArroll was just talking yesterday about what a great recovery he's making and that he should be ready to go.

Just like Rice added to the pile, Avril does the same.