Tyrice Knight --- LB UTEP

Scout

Reaction score
Classic will that goes sideline to sideline and that is known for his tackling. Probably will not be asked to start right away but a nice player to have, and to develop for a year or two.

kidhawk

Reaction score
First pick I’m not sold on. I don’t hate it just not feeling like it’s going to be a long term starter here.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't really get this pick in this position. They know more than us though.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Why did Trotter fall so far (and by extension, that we didn't pick him)?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
thanks, Mael.

So, this is one of those cases where his draft value # is recognized by teams as not accurate? Guess so.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Why did Trotter fall so far (and by extension, that we didn't pick him)?
For some guys, their college production doesn't translate to the NFL. I think this happens frequently with off-ball linebackers who are smart and technically sound but lack the measurables. For Trotter, he plays smart and he is technically sound, but he lacks the height weight and athletic traits to be successful at the next level.

The media scouts don't always see the projection from college to pros as accurately as the team scouts and NFL coaches do.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
For some guys, their college production doesn't translate to the NFL. I think this happens frequently with off-ball linebackers who are smart and technically sound but lack the measurables. For Trotter, he plays smart and he is technically sound, but he lacks the height weight and athletic traits to be successful at the next level.

The media scouts don't always see the projection from college to pros as accurately as the team scouts and NFL coaches do.

That makes a ton of sense. Great post, ST!

Latest posts