Tyler Lockett

SeaWolv

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":26d8fd8a said:
Definitely scary, made me think back to his broken leg.

Moore looked good returning punts, can we keep him back there to reduce the wear and tear on Tyler

I just don't get why they were ever risking him back there taking kicks when he's the #1 receiver....

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think we're good for now without him. Much rather he take the time to heal and come back 100%.

Not to say we won't miss him, but other than TE we're in good shape reciever wise. Maybe that's Russ, but I think we have guys to get it done, we just need another TE.

Reaction score
Will be interesting if we finally see Ursua on the field now....I've been thinking that is why he's been inactive...because Tyler has been owning the slot.

James in PA

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":wnp5mtxq said:
Will be interesting if we finally see Ursua on the field now....I've been thinking that is why he's been inactive...because Tyler has been owning the slot.
My thoughts exactly! Hopefully Lock doesn’t miss any games. But if he has to, it might finally be Ursua time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zchurch74

Reaction score
Have a sick feeling Lock is done for season and could be worse.

toffee

Reaction score
At the point, it sure looks like we are heading into the playoff. As such, I am hoping Lock's injury isn't season or career ending, nevertheless, I would like for him to rest a couple of games for the leg to heal. With Lock out, guess what ?? DK Metcalf is our #1 WR.

DJrmb

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1194325227989282816[/tweet]

timmat

Reaction score
Well that's good news if accurate. I hope they are conservative with his return so he's healthy down the stretch, as he and Russ are something special when Russ escapes the pocket.

Too early to speculate obviously, but if he did need to miss the Philly game - combined with the bye and the fact that our following game is another Mon night (vs Vikings at home), that would give him 20 days off to recover.

D

DomeHawk

This is why I don't like Lockett as a possession-type over the middle receiver. DB's can load up on you with brutal hits and Ty is slight of build. Too many opportunities for season-ending injuries.

I am hoping Gordon can assume this role. We need Lockett on the long ball and sideline passes, he is one of the best in the NFL at that.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1fe4giek said:
This is why I don't like Lockett as a possession-type over the middle receiver. DB's can load up on you with brutal hits and Ty is slight of build. Too many opportunities for season-ending injuries.

I am hoping Gordon can assume this role. We need Lockett on the long ball and sideline passes, he is one of the best in the NFL at that.

Didn't he get hurt on a kick return?

D

DomeHawk

Seanhawk":3hunr7zq said:
DomeHawk":3hunr7zq said:

Didn't he get hurt on a kick return?

He took a knee on the kickoff didn't he? You don't get a deep contusion taking a knee.

I actually don't know where he got hurt, I read that it was unclear where he got hurt, but that wasn't really my point. It's something that's been bugging me all season.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... eg-injury/

xray

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":2yt2zygr said:
That ^

Chawker

Reaction score
I hear that alls well with Lockett, but he will remain in the hospital a second night until the swelling has subside.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1194692631013363712[/tweet]

Our people think he’s going to be fine to play. He’ll need the rest of this week to make sure everything goes away, but he should be fine to play next week.”

That’s obviously very good news for Lockett and the Seahawks, because as Carroll noted, “we’re a different looking team when he’s not out there.” --- Pete Carroll
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/receiver-tyler-lockett-should-be-fine-after-seahawks-bye-week[/urltargetblank]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":adjm36om said:

They are obviously high on him by putting him on the 53 man roster to keep another team from plucking him off the practice squad, but I think if he was even close to being able to contribute on the field, they would at least have him available on game day by making him active.

samwize77

Reaction score
Jville":34wpbcj8 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1194692631013363712[/tweet]

Our people think he’s going to be fine to play. He’ll need the rest of this week to make sure everything goes away, but he should be fine to play next week.”

That’s obviously very good news for Lockett and the Seahawks, because as Carroll noted, “we’re a different looking team when he’s not out there.” --- Pete Carroll
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/receiver-tyler-lockett-should-be-fine-after-seahawks-bye-week[/urltargetblank]
Right on Jody for showing respect to one of our best players!!!!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
To add to the previous posts, why on earth is Lockett returning punts and kicks? Never mind the potential injury to your number 1 reciever he hasn't in all honesty been that effective either. If he was killing it I could understand the risk v reward.

Jville

Reaction score
Two reasons I can think of ........ #1 ball security and #2 Tyler likes the return role.