Travis Kelce, TE: zach miller 2.0 w/ upside

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
How would you feel about drafting a player who offers much of the same things as Miller, with the level of upside of Rob Gronkowski? He's not the receiver that other tightends are, but he's one of the most complete in his game. He's also a bit faster than Miller. Projections place him in the 2nd round.

Personally, I'd love a Jimmy Graham on this team (and that's probably more Gavin Escobar), but I wouldn't be against spending a 2nd-3rd rounder on another Zach Miller with Gronk-like skills.

Thoughts?

vs USF 7 catches 53 yards 1 TD
[youtube]QxxDN81kT8A[/youtube]

vs Duke 5 catches 123 yards 1 TD
[youtube]fLqxDYTbxhk[/youtube]

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":27xygzip said:
I started a topic on Kelce a few weeks ago. http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64993

I am his huge fan and would not mind drafting him at all.

Oh crap, my bad! Haha I should have check back a couple pages.

I can see why your a fan! Kelce is going to grade way up on the Seahawks draft board, if I had to guess. It'd be interesting if he was still there in the 2nd rd if he's an option. That would be a great upgrade over McCoy.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I've watched the two Cincy games that I had stashed from the season tonight and I'm not blown away. Will watch the USF tape tomorrow. Seems to round off a lot of route's, decent blocker. Didn't see a lot of Gronk or Miller. Obviously the big play vs Rice stands out but the coverage was atrocious. I think he'll always have big play potential, but I've got reservations about him being a consistent go-to receiver type at the TE position.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
That's fair, English. He does round some of his routes I've noticed, but not all, and I think it goes without saying he'll need to develop, but the skill set is there, imo. I'm surprised you don't see much of Miller or Gronk. Watching both those games, He's a consistent pass-catcher like Miller who catches the ball with his hands and displays good awareness after the catch, ready to turn-up field as soon has he makes a reception to get some YAC. Blocking, he's a grinder who can pull on a run play and is capable of driving or at least maintaining his ground at the LOS. He's also pretty good at chip blocking before reaching the second level.

Maybe it's just his play responsibility that is similar to Miller, because he's asked to do a lot of the same things Miller is asked to do, from the run game to the passing game.

Latest posts