This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Miami Dolphins

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Man, this is Season 15 for me doing this post. Time flies man... (And a big, huge bow to Todd (Aros) for originally giving me permission to sticky this in-season, way back in 2001). You da man Todd...

Let's hope this season ends like we all hope it will, with Russ hoisting a large, shiny object in February. Time for Russ and Co. to show their veteran moxie, mixed with the addition of some promising young players in the off-season, and "Take it to the House!" for Championship #2! Please oh Please injury curse, please pass us by this year... Seriously.

Anyhoo... Dolphins. Is this a hard game? I dunno. But I want our guys to come out on fire for a change and pile up some early-season wins. My fingernails really hate the late season heroics! At least we can't bitch about Kam, or anybody for that matter being out. Our boys be at full strength to kick it off. No excuses now! Kick Ass Hawks!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Fin Heaven

http://www.finheaven.com/forum.php

Phin Fever

http://www.phinfever.com/forums/

The PHINS

http://www.thephins.com/forums/forum.php

Phins Phorums

http://www.phins.com/phorum/

Dolphins Report (Scout)

http://www.scout.com/nfl/dolphins/forums?s=62

Football's Future

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=23

SB Nation Fanposts

http://www.thephinsider.com/fanposts

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

Cartire

Reaction score
I promised to stay away from here. Haven't been able to meet that goal. I'm still not happy about some of the actions and "cleansings" that have occurred.

That being said, Blue Thunder, thank you for this continued tradition.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Cartire":1bpyg03b said:
I promised to stay away from here. Haven't been able to meet that goal. I'm still not happy about some of the actions and "cleansings" that have occurred.

That being said, Blue Thunder, thank you for this continued tradition.

You betcha buddy. When these posts stop, you'll know that I've passed on to the great big 'ol Blue 'n Green.... Wherever... lol... And if that happens, I hope for Kitsapguy (Bruce) to take over. He's done a fine job in a couple of my, er, "Absences"... :lol: And I'm with ya on the changes, but I've been through plenty on this site before, and we just keep on "keeping on"... It's all good... 12's forever....

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Thanks to BlueThunder for the work put into researching and posting opposing teams' message boards.

GO HAWKS

Rule

Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question, what's the purpose behind this thread/tradition?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Rule":zf39d0z5 said:

Usually to get a feel on how the enemy is thinking before the game. Also, it allows fans of said teams to come in here and discuss the strengths and weaknesses with us. Plus, sometimes it's just great to see people cry on the Internet.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Rule":2t6k0609 said:

What Okie said... But I started out just curious what the fans of our opponents were saying about us, and decided other Seahawk fans would also enjoy it, so I started posting their forums here way back when. It turns out quite a few of our members here liked it. Some don't, and that's fine. But I put it here for the fans that share my enjoyment of reading what our opponents are saying about us. I still like reading what they say, obviously. Especially now that we're good. The respect, even when hating on us, is just.... enjoyable to me... lol. On the slightly bad side, it has also spurred invasions from said message boards because some of our members feel the need to invade and attack. That's the bad part. Please, be respectful and don't add to the misconceptions that Seahawks fans are assholes. I really hate that part. But we have also gained regular members of opponent teams that are cool, including regulars from all three of our NFC West rivals. But anyhoo, does that answer your question?

Laloosh

Reaction score
It really has provided hours of entertainment for me. Thanks for doing what you do, man.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it brought us Donko and Cinnespurt along with the endless hours of smack shack reading material that ensued, and so is well worth Blue Thunder's time in perpetuity.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1ctuyusc said:

I'm pretty surprised that only one poster in that thread has said "Gotta keep Russell in the pocket". That's generally the sign of ignorant enemy fans, so maybe these folks actually watch football games instead of listening to talking heads?

DirtyDave

Reaction score
I also enjoy these threads very much, thank you BT. much appreciated

Largent80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2a21qei1 said:
I'm pretty sure it brought us Donko and Cinnespurt

If you were a noob and came on here and read that, it might be thought provoking.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
And their rendition of Todd's fearless prediction thread. Not much confidence, understandably... :lol: But of course sprinkled with the ridiculous predictions... I mean, it COULD happen, but not bloody likely...

Love this quote:

"The way the game has slowed down for Russ is scary. He toys with pass rushers now.
I don't even want to predict a score, but I expect bad things to happen."

hah... Pure gold... And pretty much the prevailing opinion over there.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php ... s-Seahawls

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Only skimmed through the first pages but it looks like even they have no clue how to really play against the Hawks. Some say they have to run and try not to pass because our secondary is too good and others say they have to pass as much as possible because our front 7 is too good at stopping the run. Problem is that both are true, our D is a complete miss match for their offense. Meanwhile their pass rush will probably provide some problems for our rather inexperienced line but I can't really see them stopping us on the ground.

In short I'm expecting a classic Seahawks game with stout defense, lots of running and some Russ-houdini work.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I seriously worry about Suh. I like that the guy is passionate, but he's hella dirty too. The OL needs to keep Suh away from Russ.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3ht5dyyk said:
I seriously worry about Suh. I like that the guy is passionate, but he's hella dirty too. The OL needs to keep Suh away from Russ.

Well, according to the rest of the league, we are the dirty-play artists... They are, of course, mistaking dirty play for aggressiveness. Yeah, we get a lot of penalties, but it's just 'cause we're going full-tilt, ALL the time... And that shit's gonna happen... Don't like it? Stop us.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1danoif9 said:
OkieHawk":1danoif9 said:

Well, according to the rest of the league, we are the dirty-play artists... They are, of course, mistaking dirty play for aggressiveness. Yeah, we get a lot of penalties, but it's just 'cause we're going full-tilt, ALL the time... And that shit's gonna happen... Don't like it? Stop us.

True, but Bennett doesn't step on a QB's ankle either.