This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: ***SUPER BOWL EDITION***

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Polaris":6gb0lpq1 said:
johntfootball":6gb0lpq1 said:
Polaris":6gb0lpq1 said:
You may want to remind our Bronco "friends" that we did play each other in pre-season and both teams and both coaches played the game for keeps (Peyton Manning played the entire first half).

Seattle won that game and it wasn't particularly close.

Now, I will grant that a lot of time has passed since then, but we already have some idea of how the teams do in fact match up with each other, and those matchups favor Seattle (esp in an outside game).

Pre-season games are strictly to evaluate talent and are to run very vanilla plays. Why does the score mean anything in that game?

You are wrong. Pre-season games are there to evaluate talent true, but they are also there to provide training for your personelle in real game sitautions, and BOTH Coach Fox and Coach Carroll treated the first half of the pre-season game as a "live game" and played to win. Peyton Manning played the entire first half.

What that means is that the preseason game gives us some very good insight into how each team matches up with the others. Even Coach Fox alluded to this (and emphatically did NOT say that the preseason game was meaningless).

You keep saying that Manning played the entire first half.

He didn't. He left halfway through the 2nd quarter. And during that time, he led one TD drive and another that would have resulted in a TD had the Broncos RB not fumbled at the 1 and into the endzone for Browner to return.

People acting as if the score disparity in our preseason game should indicate that we should blow the Broncos out are delusional. And while the preseason game demonstrated Seattle's penchant for forcing turnovers, we didn't really contain Manning himself much at all.

Polaris

Reaction score
volsunghawk":wpnx2g94 said:

He didn't. He left halfway through the 2nd quarter. And during that time, he led one TD drive and another that would have resulted in a TD had the Broncos RB not fumbled at the 1 and into the endzone for Browner to return.

I will stand corrected then, but he sure played most of the first half (and I am not the only one mistaken then). However, I am dead right about all the other things I said including both coaches playing the game to win and going all out. Peyton Manning did as well (go back and look).

As for the second TD, if my Aunt had gonads she'd be my uncle. You seem to think that fumbles just happen but watching Avril should disabuse any Seattle fan of that notion. This defense FORCES turnovers.

People acting as if the score disparity in our preseason game should indicate that we should blow the Broncos out are delusional. And while the preseason game demonstrated Seattle's penchant for forcing turnovers, we didn't really contain Manning himself much at all.

At what point did I say that this game would be a blowout? The first half wasn't a blowout as you correctly noted. I did say based on the preseason game that I liked Seattle's chances and the matchup.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Polaris":x8q95u07 said:
volsunghawk":x8q95u07 said:

I will stand corrected then, but he sure played most of the first half (and I am not the only one mistaken then). However, I am dead right about all the other things I said including both coaches playing the game to win and going all out. Peyton Manning did as well (go back and look).

As for the second TD, if my Aunt had gonads she'd be my uncle. You seem to think that fumbles just happen but watching Avril should disabuse any Seattle fan of that notion. This defense FORCES turnovers.

I "seem to think that fumbles just happen" when I specified in the post you QUOTED that Seattle has a penchant for FORCING turnovers? :roll:

The point I was making is that while you were insisting - incorrectly - that Manning played the entire first half (implying that we shut HIM down), Manning actually played pretty damn well while he was in, and the result didn't show in the score due to other factors.

Polaris":x8q95u07 said:
volsunghawk":x8q95u07 said:

At what point did I say that this game would be a blowout? The first half wasn't a blowout as you correctly noted. I did say based on the preseason game that I liked Seattle's chances and the matchup.

I said "people." Not "you." If you haven't noticed, there ARE people here acting as if this will be a cakewalk. I like Seattle's chances, too, and I think they'll win. But I think that it will be a much closer game than some here (again, not YOU) are thinking.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3hormqzi said:
Hawknballs":3hormqzi said:
seriously thats the best you could do as far as a site name? Orange mane?

LOL. Nothing says dominant football and fanatical fans like the neck hair of a horse. :D
More like Orange MANGE. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hawker84

Reaction score
I give up on these dudes. They have no fricken clue what they're talking about or what they're getting ready to face... this one took the cake for me:

Yes it sure has been a crazy season. I was getting scared there a few times, but man we some how have a new player step in, and play great.

For sure an advantage for the Broncos. I mean did Seattle overcome anything? Not really, in fact they didn't even have the amount of injuries as we had.

Wow we haven't faced any adversity?

how bout our best pass rusher out first four weeks
how bout our stud linebacker out first 4 weeks
how bout our starting corners out 4 weeks / browner then suspended rest of the season
don't even get me started on our offensive line injuries
how bout our superstar reciever out all season
both stud linebackers missing several games wright missing the divisonal round

I mean give me a break. have these knuckleheads ever heard of google, bing? we've faced nothing but adversity week in and week out all season and still are...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So many parts I'd quote but it would go forever..Anyway I was also stumped at that Sea/Den being similar..More so on how he can be a fan of both(a first to me)..That part where we are supposed to be like
KC-ha ha ..One thing I like is Peyton can't run out of trouble like Kap and I see us causing plenty of trouble..Beastmode with be on..It won't be a blowout but we will win..

Polaris

Reaction score
For starters Wilson is *nothing* like Alex Smith other than they both will tend to avoid the big mistake.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rst08tierney
Either way Peytons grilling up a 40 burger on these guys
I agree! That defense can be had, and their offense is nothing compared to the ones from SD and NE that we just shut down.

Now this is what I am talking about. A post on their site. These Denver people are so stupid and seem like they got introduced to football just recently. Our defense can be had. Yea, it was the CFL, not the NFL, we led in defensive Yards, points, TOs, rushing stats, etc. Also, when did SD and NEs offense become good? The only decent stats they had was because of playing pathetic AFC teams. Let them play the NFCW defenses, they would be doormats to our division.

davidonmi

Reaction score
seadoc30":3cno2z6s said:
Originally Posted by rst08tierney
Either way Peytons grilling up a 40 burger on these guys
I agree! That defense can be had, and their offense is nothing compared to the ones from SD and NE that we just shut down.

Now this is what I am talking about. A post on their site. These Denver people are so stupid and seem like they got introduced to football just recently. Our defense can be had. Yea, it was the CFL, not the NFL, we led in defensive Yards, points, TOs, rushing stats, etc. Also, when did SD and NEs offense become good? The only decent stats they had was because of playing pathetic AFC teams. Let them play the NFCW defenses, they would be doormats to our division.
right now offenses that don't put up 30-40 points are considered bad. The fact we play ball control, and deliberately limit mistakes is hard for them to accept.
And the defense can be had comment is ignorant. What takes u to that conclusion?
We led in points against and it wasn't even close, plus we gave up a bunch of garbage time TD's to AZ, MIN, 2 to JAX, ATL and STL.
In moments that matter we are giving up probably 12 points per game, and are playing the best right now.
Anyone who thinks the Broncos walk up and down the field is flat out delusional. That's like us saying we'll hold them to 17 or under, just not happening

lsheldon

Reaction score
Couple of interesting tidbits from the denverbroncos.com forum. First guy is being realistic, other guy cant see past his Manning man crush and thinks everything hinges on huge passing numbers. unfortunately, most of the posters there are as delusional as the second guy. Fun reading though if you need a laugh.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... -vs-Wilson

UnitedinOrange: Thing is, we are judging Wilson's threat level based on his last couple games (although end of the regular season wasn't great either), but he definitely has had some stellar games this years where's the thrown for 300 yds, multiple TDs, no INTs, high completion rate. Like against the Saints, who had an elite pass D this year.

I'd still rather he be forced to beat us than Lynch, but I think people are underestimating Wilson based on recent performance vs. the longer body of work.

Papa-pwn: Longer body of work? He's averaged 210 yards and 1.6 TDs a game this year. People are underestimating him because he averages numbers like that. Numbers that people would expect are numbers for just this recent bad stretch, but instead include his good games as well. Scary, for Hawks fans, to think that he's been averaging even worse numbers than that lately.

In the last 6 games he's thrown for over 200 yards twice. He's also failed to reach 110 yards twice in that span. In those six games he's averaging 169 yards passing per game at 6.98YPA and 0.8 TDs. People aren't underrating him, he is average on his best days, and right now he's playing well below average.

Sure he's a nice guy, and a great leader, and can run pretty fast, but when it comes to pure QB play he is not exactly a huge threat.

davidonmi

Reaction score
lsheldon":346oef7s said:
Couple of interesting tidbits from the denverbroncos.com forum. First guy is being realistic, other guy cant see past his Manning man crush and thinks everything hinges on huge passing numbers. unfortunately, most of the posters there are as delusional as the second guy. Fun reading though if you need a laugh.

UnitedinOrange: Thing is, we are judging Wilson's threat level based on his last couple games (although end of the regular season wasn't great either), but he definitely has had some stellar games this years where's the thrown for 300 yds, multiple TDs, no INTs, high completion rate. Like against the Saints, who had an elite pass D this year.

I'd still rather he be forced to beat us than Lynch, but I think people are underestimating Wilson based on recent performance vs. the longer body of work.

Papa-pwn: Longer body of work? He's averaged 210 yards and 1.6 TDs a game this year. People are underestimating him because he averages numbers like that. Numbers that people would expect are numbers for just this recent bad stretch, but instead include his good games as well. Scary, for Hawks fans, to think that he's been averaging even worse numbers than that lately.

In the last 6 games he's thrown for over 200 yards twice. He's also failed to reach 110 yards twice in that span. In those six games he's averaging 169 yards passing per game at 6.98YPA and 0.8 TDs. People aren't underrating him, he is average on his best days, and right now he's playing well below average.

Sure he's a nice guy, and a great leader, and can run pretty fast, but when it comes to pure QB play he is not exactly a huge threat.
for f*ck sake can people stop judging russell based on passing yards, this is a run first offense that specifically avoids turnovers and plays conservative. Our offense isn't supposed to put up 4,000 passing yards and 40 TD.
This team isn't built to win the statsheet, it's not a fantasy football team.
Passing yards is an incredibly weak argument.
In this offense wilson should be judged on completion %, passer rating, INT's, and maybe Y/A.
When people say this offense sucks because of passing yardage they do realize wilson is top 5 in Y/A, and top 10 in passer rating

Smellyman

Reaction score
davidonmi":1jha82zp said:
lsheldon":1jha82zp said:

for f*ck sake can people stop judging russell based on passing yards, this is a run first offense that specifically avoids turnovers and plays conservative. Our offense isn't supposed to put up 4,000 passing yards and 40 TD.
This team isn't built to win the statsheet, it's not a fantasy football team.
Passing yards is an incredibly weak argument.
In this offense wilson should be judged on completion %, passer rating, INT's, and maybe Y/A.
When people say this offense sucks because of passing yardage they do realize wilson is top 5 in Y/A, and top 10 in passer rating

Yup and with the D and run game Sea all season never truly "opened it up."

But when Russell is asked to he has the second most come from behind victories in the NFL.

add the Washington and Atlanta game to that and the dude can be just flat special.

it will be a close game.

It's why Harvin is so important....

JustTheTip

Reaction score
lsheldon":2qs30vkm said:

Somebody needs to take a statistics class. Or maybe not, because even common sense would say if you are averaging worse than your average lately you had to be averaging more than your average before that for your average to be what it is. That and they need to go take a look at the defensive chart somebody posted in another thread. There is a very good reason he trended down at the end of the year.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Fact: Broncos receivers drop passes nearly twice as often as Seahawks receivers.

Fact: The NFL passing yardage leader has never won the Superbowl. Ever.

Fact: With all the talk about the Seahawks' offensive struggles down the stretch, nobody is talking about the fact that their defense has also improved down the stretch, allowing only 13 points per game over their last eight games (14.4 ppg season average).

Fact: On that same topic, the Seahawks offense ranks #9 in weighted DVOA.

Fact: The Broncos' top three games in terms of offensive yardage were played in stadiums with grass fields. Uncertain footing favors the offense. On the flip side, two of their three losses were played in stadiums with fieldturf. Metlife is fieldturf.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Oh my god...I have never seen a bigger group of over confident fans. All of their message boards are a giant circle jerk on how much better the Broncos are in every aspect.

I have learned that:

Seattle's Secondary is way overrated
Lynch has no chance against the best run defense in the league
Wilson so little of a threat it is barely worth talking about
Denver played a top 10 offense and defense in every game this season
Seattle has not played against an decent quarterback all season long
Seattle literally doesn't have any receivers (they are just decoys for the running game)
The Saints completely outplayed us 2 weeks ago and we were lucky to win
Whatever the weather is it will be to Denver's advantage
Denver will have a home field advantage because Eli Manning plays there
The Broncos will win my the largest margin in Superbowl history since they are on the losing end of the current record
Seattle has not faced a receiver as good as Denver's since the preseason (I assume against Denver?)
Seattle won't be able to hold Denver to scoring just field goals like we did against NO and SF (not sure what they mean since NO/SF had a grand total of 1)
Seattle fans are delusional

I thought Saints and 49er fans were bad...Bronco fans make them seem completely unbiased.

hawker84

Reaction score
No niner fans are every bit as bad, the homerism appears to be spreading rapidly. Next year we'll have raider fans on here talking smack.

davidonmi

Reaction score
out of the fanbases this year three really stand out
Whiniest: Saints
Most arrogant/annoying: SF
Most delusional: DEN

andyh64000

Reaction score
I think this is my favorite post so far:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... vely/page6

"Honestly the Seahawks defense is highly overrated. The only reason they are being touted as having a great D is because the NFC's offense are weak as hell compare to the AFC. Also they are ONLY really good at HOMEFIELD. On the road they are mediocre at best and their offense sucks at scoring. A lot of their scores came from the Defensive side. Their QB Wilson is a low rated QB and is overated at best. I doubt he can even score a touchdown in the superbowl.

Trust me guys. This is going to be onesided. The Denver D is running in full cylinder and will likely sack Wilson 10 times in the Superbowl. The Seahawks O line has never seen a D like this in the playoffs.

And Manning is going to carve up the Seahawks D like butter. Expect a blowout.

FINAL RESULT: BRONCOS 49 Seahawks 10 (td likely from Lynch since Wilson can't score)"

davidonmi

Reaction score
andyh64000":1rvig8e1 said:

"Honestly the Seahawks defense is highly overrated. The only reason they are being touted as having a great D is because the NFC's offense are weak as hell compare to the AFC. Also they are ONLY really good at HOMEFIELD. On the road they are mediocre at best and their offense sucks at scoring. A lot of their scores came from the Defensive side. Their QB Wilson is a low rated QB and is overated at best. I doubt he can even score a touchdown in the superbowl.

Trust me guys. This is going to be onesided. The Denver D is running in full cylinder and will likely sack Wilson 10 times in the Superbowl. The Seahawks O line has never seen a D like this in the playoffs.

FINAL RESULT: BRONCOS 49 Seahawks 10 (td likely from Lynch since Wilson can't score)"
I would chalk that up to a delusional fan (everyone has them) but this seems to be popular among them on that board.
This team has the exact same record than Denver in a better conference.
And the only reason the NFC offenses suck is cause the NFC actually plays defense

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
andyh64000":2k9lgh4c said:

WOW! Just WOW! Someone is in for a rude awakening when Wes Welker is out there looking on the turf for his teeth ... and Russell Wilson has just burned them for a 50 yard bomb to Percy Harvin.