The worst way to lose

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm fine with losing games in years like this, but not on 86 yard rushes in overtime.

That's cuckoldry. I'm done with the softness on defense. There have been scheme issues - sure, to be expected. Again, this is a year with lots of new faces and schemes all-around. The one thing I cannot get behind is being bullied by the Josh McDaniels Raiders.

They need to get mean.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
They just don't have the personnel. they are getting blown off the line by every team, they can't tackle, they can't pressure the QB. This D has been bad for way too long. They are bad in every aspect defensively.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The D Line is atrocious, think about, we brought Bruce Irvin out of retirement to be a starter.

hinton

Reaction score
Fortunately we might be in position to get the best defensive player in the draft. I don't follow college football, but I hope there's some D-line ballers coming up.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Jacobs had over 200 yrds rushing. Hawks can't stop the run to save their lives.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Pete mentioned something in his PC about Adams and my immediate thought is: did we learn nothing from Munich?

I am not adept enough to evaluate defensive alignments and gap tech watching a game live, so I can't say for sure whether we made the same mistakes as we did against Tampa Bay where we went back to 2 gap tech and focused on the passing game but it definitely felt that way.

Whatever we did during our win streak, where we actually bottled up one of the best backs in the NFL, seems to have gone out the window. We need to stop adjusting our game plan for the opponent. Simplify the game plan for our front 7 and instead of coming up with new ideas for each opponent, work on introducing some stunts at the LOS and some blitzes that don't involve Barton as the lone LB blitzer because his timing isn't good.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pete mentioned something in his PC about Adams and my immediate thought is: did we learn nothing from Munich?

I am not adept enough to evaluate defensive alignments and gap tech watching a game live, so I can't say for sure whether we made the same mistakes as we did against Tampa Bay where we went back to 2 gap tech and focused on the passing game but it definitely felt that way.

Whatever we did during our win streak, where we actually bottled up one of the best backs in the NFL, seems to have gone out the window. We need to stop adjusting our game plan for the opponent. Simplify the game plan for our front 7 and instead of coming up with new ideas for each opponent, work on introducing some stunts at the LOS and some blitzes that don't involve Barton as the lone LB blitzer because his timing isn't good.
Agreed. I don't know the scheme technicalities either, but the results sure seem to mirror the first few games of the season. If these past two games did, in fact, see a return to the 2 gap tech, then someone needs to be called out and held accountable. There is absolutely no reason to continue to run that inept scheme with our personnel.