The truth is....

W

Welshers

BS ^^ Really good Defenses CAN make REALLY GOOD Quarterbacks look 'MEDIOCRE'--> SEE SUPER Quarterback PAYTON MANNING IN SB 48, EH????
That's a good example but it's also the exception and not the mean. The league has become even more offense friendly in the years since 48. Please calm down. It will be ok, I promise

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
That's a good example but it's also the exception and not the mean. The league has become even more offense friendly in the years since 48. Please calm down. It will be ok, I promise
The league trends..this next year will be the year of the defense... why you ask ? Because Clint Hurtt flippin said so LMAO!!

ryank24

Reaction score
BS ^^ Really good Defenses CAN make REALLY GOOD Quarterbacks look 'MEDIOCRE'--> SEE SUPER Quarterback PAYTON MANNING IN SB 48, EH????
Sure, that's absolutely true, a good defense can make a good QB look mediocre...you can have a good QB and still have a bad team. But that doesn't really change the fact that it's extremely difficult to be a winning team without a good QB.

But Wilson was also a good quarterback that year. I'm not sure how the 2013 Hawks (historically good defense with a young Wilson playing QB) are supposed to be evidence that you don't need a good QB to be successful.

toffee

Reaction score
Sure, that's absolutely true, a good defense can make a good QB look mediocre...you can have a good QB and still have a bad team. But that doesn't really change the fact that it's extremely difficult to be a winning team without a good QB.

But Wilson was also a good quarterback that year. I'm not sure how the 2013 Hawks (historically good defense with a young Wilson playing QB) are supposed to be evidence that you don't need a good QB to be successful.
You nailed it with a good QB, because a bad QB can single-handedly cost a game, 3 INTs will do it. Yes, it takes a good QB, but not necessary a HOF QB, or an elite QB, just a good QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
I can see there are some real doom and gloomers on this site...yes I agree with you... Geno is the best option at this point but another point I wanted to make is that he has the respect of his teammates and if he was a total loser as Fade seems to think he would not have his teammates respect.
Stop making sense.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Disagree Rock,
I think Wilson does just fine.
Think the success Aaron Rodgers is having.

Misses the playoffs occasionally but sometimes goes farther.

No SuperBowls though.

For some of the reasons pointed out here. But a great offensive mind, combined with all the rules protecting NFL QBs? Wilson is probably a playoff threat like Rodgers was/is.
The only thing Wilson really proved in 2020 and 2021 is that he cant beat a 2 high safety look, his ego doesnt want to take the check down and move the chains when the big play isnt open, even th ough the game is on the line and thats the basic reason his success in 2020 and 2021 was what it was. The D was good enough to put him in position to win the big games and his talent on offense was good enough to win those games.. S o really i dont know what is going to be different in Denver unless Wilson makes the adjustments that he needs to make.

on the flip side the question for the hawks is can Geno consistently get the ball to his play makers? I think he has shown in his previous starts that he can but i thimk for Geno to be successful the whole offense has to exicute consistently. They have to play cleaner football. This is very doable.

Last edited:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The truth is.... QB is NOT the strength of this team this year, Wow what a statement that is. Maybe people look at the Seahawks and think, for the Hawks to win, QB has to be as good a Wilson. None of their QB are as good as Wilson and everybody including Geno Smith, Drew Lock and Pete Carroll knows it. The question is, is it possible to win if you don't have a QB as good as Wilson, Pete Carroll seems to think so.

About now about half the people know where this is going... Yep! Defense, the Run game, and No turn overs. so why are ae even talking about the QB? we know Geno is going to give this team about 17-20 points a game. What we need to be talking about is the defense because true to Carrolls form, that's what is going to propel this team. Defense wins championships.

The truth is we have NOT seen this D play together, most of it has been spot play on the line. The secondary is GREATLY improved from last year. they are going to have to make some hard cuts as there is good depth at corner. this could be a strength of the D as last year it was a health concern and a liability for most of the year.

The safety position is solidified with adequate depth behind the starters.

the D line looks good with adequate depth

The only real questions are will the young linebackers like Taylor live up to they're pass rush potential?

is there enough Depth at Inside linebacker how much they are going to miss Bobby?

Are the young corners going to mature this year?

Will the D stay healthy?

The Truth is.... we don't really Know...

The truth is... we have not seen this D play together.

The truth is we haven't even seen the schemes they will play

The truth is, I'm actually a little bit excited to see how this is going to pan out.! How about you?

Thoughts?
The truth is, nothing you said here is a truth. What you stated was your opinion. Maybe change the title and tone to, my opinion of the matter is X...

Truth? Get outta here with your self indulgence garbage.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The truth is, nothing you said here is a truth. What you stated was your opinion. Maybe change the title and tone to, my opinion of the matter is X...

DOOOOOH...YES!!!! Tell me how you really feel!! Lmao!!!!!

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score

Getting a little chippy...

Come on now, we're all fans here, even if we disagree.

Fade

Reaction score
Without a top 10 QB it is hard to consistently win games in the NFL, year in and year out, the end.

That is not doom and gloom, but REALITY.

Neverland wishes and dreams before the real games start will not feel so comforting in about 2 months. The team is going to struggle to consistently win games until they find the next QB.

Could take a year, could take 10, could take 40. But this is reality. Teams don't pay QBs big money, and throw around a lot of picks to move up to take unknown QBs in the draft because they think its fun. They do it because they are incredibly hard to find. Longtime Seahawks fans should know this better than anyone.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I mean yeah you need a top tier QB to contend, but you still need a COMPLETE team. If it was all about QBs, Rodgers and Mahomes should have plenty of SB rings by now. Is Stafford a top tier QB that carried the Rams or did they have a more complete team?

Fade

Reaction score
I mean yeah you need a top tier QB to contend, but you still need a COMPLETE team. If it was all about QBs, Rodgers and Mahomes should have plenty of SB rings by now. Is Stafford a top tier QB that carried the Rams or did they have a more complete team?
No, you actually don't need a complete team, but it helps. You do need an elite D-Line, or O-Line, preferably both without question.

I did some research a few years back. And I found virtually every, if not every Super Bowl Champ had either an elite D-Line, O-Line, or both.

But the modern rules have now made it so QB heavy, you have no shot to win the owl without a QB. Even if you're elite in the trenches. The Rams were the best team in football 2 years ago, but Goff was their QB. 20 years ago they still would've been the champs despite Goff. Not anymore.

You need the QB, D-Line and/or O-Line. Everything else is expendable. Any sort of high asset expenditure that isn't going to these positions is a mistake. Unless you're in luxury territory and need that final piece to put your team over the top at a position of weakness.

If the Seahawks keep spending high assets at Safety, Stack backer, WR, & RB, they won't win anything.

Their last draft was a step in the right directon. 2 OTs, and an Edge, with their first 4 picks.

Now imagine if they had taken 2 more OL-or-DL in the 2nd round instead of burning them on a WR and RB in the last 2 drafts, which can easily be found later in the draft.

Add on throwing TWO 1sts and a 3rd, AND making Jamal Adams the highest paid safety in the league. Take those picks and money, spend it on the trenches. They'd be much further along in the rebuild and really would be a QB away, or y'know just keep the one they had. WR, RB, LB, Safeties grow on trees in comparison to these much more valuable positions.

Maybe this last draft is an indicator the Seahawks are learning, though.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
No, you actually don't need a complete team, but it helps. You do need an elite D-Line, or O-Line, preferably both without question.

I did some research a few years back. And I found virtually every, if not every Super Bowl Champ had either an elite D-Line, O-Line, or both.

But the modern rules have now made it so QB heavy, you have no shot to win the owl without a QB. Even if you're elite in the trenches. The Rams were the best team in football 2 years ago, but Goff was their QB. 20 years ago they still would've been the champs despite Goff. Not anymore.

You need the QB, D-Line and/or O-Line. Everything else is expendable. Any sort of high asset expenditure that isn't going to these positions is a mistake. Unless you're in luxury territory and need that final piece to put your team over the top at a position of weakness.

If the Seahawks keep spending high assets at Safety, Stack backer, WR, & RB, they won't win anything.

Their last draft was a step in the right directon. 2 OTs, and an Edge, with their first 4 picks.

Now imagine if they had taken 2 more OL-or-DL in the 2nd round instead of burning them on a WR and RB in the last 2 drafts, which can easily be found later in the draft.

Add on throwing TWO 1sts and a 3rd, AND making Jamal Adams the highest paid safety in the league. Take those picks and money, spend it on the trenches. They'd be much further along in the rebuild and really would be a QB away, or y'know just keep the one they had. WR, RB, LB, Safeties grow on trees in comparison to these much more valuable positions.
wow, i got really depressed reading that. 😱

not sure who's calling the shots now, but pete atleast took a look in the mirror this offseason. finally. no more desperation trades. no draft bungles. no more cheap band-aids on the oline or dline. long-term investment pieces are a thing again. allocation of draft capital. new energy. new leaders in the lockerroom. seems pete 'allowed' certain people in the front office to do their jobs this offseason and also somebody convinced ownership it was time to pull the trigger on the broncos trade, signalling the rebuild.

don't look up, it's a long way back to the top of the mountain. no expectations. better to just look at what's right in front of us.

it appears that way. they also gotta get back to squeezing the most out of their players, regardless of where they were drafted/valued. sherm-5th round, chancellor-5th, beastmode-discarded, baldwin-undrafted, carson-7th, rw-3rd, etc.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

And this is based upon what?

Smellyman

Reaction score
you need a good QB for sure or a not screw it up QB.

Jimmy G was a screw it up QB with 4 TD and 6 ints in playoffs and never coming up big. SF should have a couple of SB wins if he didn't suck so bad. Which is why never wanted him. He also had a great play caller with a great running scheme.

I am lazy to look up all, but I wager most SB winning teams had a top 5 defense rather than a top 5 O. Great Ds especially with great dlines still win super bowls.

GemCity

Reaction score
The only thing Wilson really proved in 2020 and 2021 is that he cant beat a 2 high safety look, his ego doesnt want to take the check down and move the chains when the big play isnt open, even th ough the game is on the line and thats the basic reason his success in 2020 and 2021 was what it was. The D was good enough to put him in position to win the big games and his talent on offense was good enough to win those games.. S o really i dont know what is going to be different in Denver unless Wilson makes the adjustments that he needs to make.

on the flip side the question for the hawks is can Geno consistently get the ball to his play makers? I think he has shown in his previous starts that he can but i thimk for Geno to be successful the whole offense has to exicute consistently. They have to play cleaner football. This is very doable.
The two high safety problem is a horrible take on Wilson. Sure…it caused issues. But, he was often attempting, and completing, most of his passes in the 4th quarter as we were clawing back. Even the bottom tier defenses can play the two high safety card when it’s obvious the other team has to pass.

Not saying this is you, but the RW hate is strong on this site.

Dose of reality is coming real soon.

Last edited: