The mother of all "I was wrong" thread.

toffee

Reaction score
Come confess at this one stop wholesale depot for humble pies, discount outlet for crows, multiple stall confession center. Lol.

My sins:
I asked for dismissal of Pete Carroll, I justified it with claiming Pete sold his soul to Wilson, mishandled that Coach player roles. I called it behavior unbecoming of head coach. I was wrong.

I wasn't steady in my faith on Pete's abilities to develop DBs after Flowers. I was wrong.

I questioned John's nose for talents. I was wrong.

I blamed Waldron for Russ's decline. I was wrong.

I predicted a 9wins ceiling for this season, I shall be proven wrong.

Now, I am lining up for that pie and dark crow thighs.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This is the one stop wholesale depot for humble pies, discount outlet for crows, multiple stall confession center. Lol.

My sins:
I asked for dismissal of Pete Carroll, I justified it with claiming Pete sold his soul to Wilson, mishandled that Coach player roles. I called it behavior unbecoming of head coach. I was wrong.

I wasn't steady in my faith on Pete's abilities to develop DBs after Flowers. I was wrong.

I questioned John's nose for talents. I was wrong.

I blamed Waldron for Russ's decline. I was wrong.

Now, I am lining up for that pie and dark crow thighs.
It's all good. Jesus - first three games were a dumpster fire. I wanted the entire defense and coaches burned at the stake!!!!

Honestly - until PC returned to his old self post-RW-nightmare-3-subway-rep - it looked like a writeoff. To everyone.

Stay on the veggies. Crow's overrated. PC'll tell ya! Plant based MF. Plant BASED. ;)

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
It's all good. Jesus - first three games were a dumpster fire. I wanted the entire defense and coaches burned at the stake!!!!

Honestly - until PC returned to his old self post-RW-nightmare-3-subway-rep - it looked like a writeoff. To everyone.

Stay on the veggies. Crow's overrated. PC'll tell ya! Plant based MF. Plant BASED. ;)
Too late, I just finished eating a ribeye :(

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't think we were necessarily wrong to doubt. With the exception of the surprising play of Geno leading our offense, we had a lot of issues. Our defense couldn't tackle, were often out of position. A lot of really ugly mistakes early on in the season. They were bad. We also played a lot of rookies, and with that comes a learning curve. I think that our rookies on defense have now exceeded the curve in how fast they turned it around. i honestly didn't think we'd see solid performances before week 10 or so. The fact that the team (especially the defense) was playing bad early but now look pretty good, doesn't make us wrong for saying it. Most fans here can see when a team plays poorly and we should call them out. We are also now playing better and we are pointing that out as well. It's all a part of the game that makes it both fun and frustrating to watch. It can be a real roller coaster. Sometimes that roller coaster goes off the rails and sometimes it picks up speed. Let's hope we keep this one on the tracks.

Rainger

Reaction score
My sin was the Geno Smith is garbage sin.

Was always since 2010 a Pete water carrier, never lost faith in him.

My other sin was believing in Russ too long and buying his shtick

Last edited:

Mick063

Reaction score
My mantra is "Trust what your eyes are showing you". It is a "Conduct of Ops" thing that comes from personal experience in the US Navy and nuclear industry. "Trust your indicators" is an axiom from the manual.

My eyes showed me a dysfunctional run defense that was reactionary, couldn't set the edge, and always seemed to be slanting the wrong direction. All the indicators were flashing red. People were not wrong to be in alarm. They were trusting their indicators.

The time has come to trust the indicators again. The Giant's run option was completely shut down a week after it took over the previous game in spectacular fashion. My eyes are showing me a very stout Seahawk run defense now. The Legion of Boom similarly thrived on making teams one dimensional. It started with a "Kam in the box" run defense that put teams into predictable passing situations. This is why run defense is SO CRITICAL. The second part of the equation is to have the discipline to remain penalty free on third down and not gifting drive sustaining first downs with defensive holding. It is the difference between being a contender or not. I think the Seahawks fixed the run defense for good this season and they are showing the discipline to get off the field on third down. Remarkable for rookie corners.

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
My sin: I put too much blame on Pete Carroll.

My repentance: PC is the coach this team needs right now. He's a great leader/mentor that has his team believing in each other & having fun.

Pete's got his youthful energy back, and it's got me remembering why I love this team. It's so great seeing him & the players having fun & believing in each other, it's no wonder why that attitude is translating into wins.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My sin is/was not having enough patience for people who don't have enough patience & went headlong into calling Pete Carroll "Garbage" for calling Geno Smith "Garbage" and for NOT having faith in Systems that needed time to work the kinks out.
I'm 75 years young, and I draw inspiration from Pete, and how he's overcome the negativity of the Russell Wilson "Know-it-alls".

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I can admit after the 1st Preseason Game I was sure Geno would start only to concede to Lock around the 5th or 6th game after we were pretty much out of contention. Geno I was wrong about you. I am sorry. I still want to see some 4th Quarter come from behind magic but otherwise you are the QB we needed this year.

Russell, I knew I wanted you gone and am so glad we got the compensation packaged we did. I was wrong thinking you were actually better than you are. I think I have used words like "Greatest Deep Ball Thrower of all Time" no I have to question how much of that was you getting to play in a Pete Carroll team with players like Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf, Jimmy Graham. With some of the best defenses of the decade and ruthless running backs like Marshawn and Carson. Russ I overrated you. I'm not sorry!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I predicted 11-6 & a playoff berth but I thought it would be Drew Lock at the controls.

I'd still like to see Drew run this Waldron offense but, unlike others here who just wanted PC gone because reasons, I won't be advocating for Geno's benching/firing to see if I'd be right.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I can admit after the 1st Preseason Game I was sure Geno would start only to concede to Lock around the 5th or 6th game after we were pretty much out of contention. Geno I was wrong about you. I am sorry. I still want to see some 4th Quarter come from behind magic but otherwise you are the QB we needed this year.

Russell, I knew I wanted you gone and am so glad we got the compensation packaged we did. I was wrong thinking you were actually better than you are. I think I have used words like "Greatest Deep Ball Thrower of all Time" no I have to question how much of that was you getting to play in a Pete Carroll team with players like Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf, Jimmy Graham. With some of the best defenses of the decade and ruthless running backs like Marshawn and Carson. Russ I overrated you. I'm not sorry!
I get what you're saying, but I am perfectly fine with not having to come-back in games. :sneaky:

knownone

Reaction score
My preseason assessment of Geno and the team looks pretty spot so far. However, I was wrong about DK Metcalf. I thought DK would be a diva and continue to make boneheaded plays after the whistle. I didn't know if he could handle a reduction in production and thought extending him was the wrong decision. I was wrong. The dude's been the consummate professional.

Polk738

Reaction score
I was already called a clown for wanting Pete Carroll gone after the first game so I think I might already be justified

acer1240

Reaction score
I thought they would win 2 games, Very happy to eat crow.
Most rational fans had us in that range. Maybe up to 6 wins. I don't even care if they make the playoffs... This is a lot of fun. Between the Mariners and them, this has been so exciting. The future of Seattle sports is looking bright. Geno is the story of the year and Rodriguez is a once in a lifetime player. I'd advise anyone to just sit back and enjoy. It wasn't always like this. We had shit teams, shit owners, shit players. No more. We are a destination city nowadays. Thank you Pete and Scott. I don't watch hockey but I hear they are improving as well. Get the Sonics back and I can die happy as a sports fan.

Rainger

Reaction score
Most rational fans had us in that range. Maybe up to 6 wins. I don't even care if they make the playoffs... This is a lot of fun. Between the Mariners and them, this has been so exciting. The future of Seattle sports is looking bright. Geno is the story of the year and Rodriguez is a once in a lifetime player. I'd advise anyone to just sit back and enjoy. It wasn't always like this. We had shit teams, shit owners, shit players. No more. We are a destination city nowadays. Thank you Pete and Scott. I don't watch hockey but I hear they are improving as well. Get the Sonics back and I can die happy as a sports fan.
Sorry mate but I am a rational fan. As I had said previously Pete has always won at least 7 games in Seattle and that was with WAY worse teams than this one.

So from the very very beginning of this season I predicted 8 or more wins just based on PC.

Do I now think they can do even better than that? You betcha. I am up to 10 wins maybe 11.

So I never bought into the under 7 or 8 wins , not with a PC coached team.