The Fans...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the fans were chanting seahawks while the team was offense?? Was it an uneducated fad fans yesterday?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And you see a ton of people doing the arm waving. While I'm yelling SHUT UP. Most are trying to get them to shut their pie holes.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I went to the game yesterday. First one I’ve been to since pre Covid. My ESPN game tracker said it was a sellout. Maybe in terms of tickets sold but certainly not in butts in the seats. My best guess is that the stadium was probably 80% capacity.

The atmosphere leading up to the game seemed a little different. This was the first game I think I’ve been to where I didn’t hear any Sea…Hawks chants anywhere except inside the stadium. It just felt kind of subdued.
I was in the 330 section and it was loud on defense from what I could tell. Seemed pretty much status quo in that regard. I did hear noise being generated by fans while the offense was on the field. Totally didn’t get that. In my memory, Seahawks fans of yesteryear could put on a clinic on when and how to make noise.
I’m disappointed in the outcome of the game for sure, but I’m also a little concerned that we are losing that educated for football fan base.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that's on point. Energy at the stadium was meh, even when they got it to a one score game.
Then again, when you go down 17 zip at home to a crap team, that doesn't help.

Aircrew

Reaction score
The collective IQ of the Seahawks fanbase, very similar to that of this country, has steadily dropped over the last couple decades. What was once common knowledge to keep your flap shut while the Hawks are on offense is a foreign concept to the average fan now.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
I haven't been to the stadium in years. Does the big screen tell fans to be quiet when the Seahawks are on offense these days?

If not, maybe some hand-holding is in order. 🤷‍♂️

Incubus

Reaction score
This! I've noticed this same thing the last couple years. Maddening!! Time to dust off the "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Offense at Work" graphics again?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe it's the newcommer/bandwagoner fans that chant while on offense. Any of us diehards know to be quiet when on offense and scream your lungs out when on defense. Anyone who doesn't do that or know that is showing their "newness".

balakoth

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the fans were chanting seahawks while the team was offense?? Was it an uneducated fad fans yesterday?
I mean the dumb donkey family we know.... was there

They ahve season tickets and go twice a year

Both games they were at we lost

Both games the wife and I were at.. we won haha

balakoth

Reaction score
I lost my voice both those days. These mfers left in the third quarter
Not to mention I notice a ton of people in the first 3 rows on their gd phone or just yappin not screaming like in the END ZONE

Spohawks

Reaction score
As Les told me about fans doing odd things "let people be people".

Maybe a little encouragement doesn't hurt on offence.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I wouldn’t blame the fans. I too was at the stadium. It was embarrassing to see them go up 17 and then running down our throats. Come on, we are humans, we cannot be excited for the show the players and coaches put up yesterday. Until you win and impose our will, the fans are going to be meh. I know we will be loud for Thursday night, but if the coaches and players don’t put up a show, I will be pretty sad