The amount of people giving up is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We are pretty much screwed when you look at our remaining schedule and couple that with the quality of play (or lack there of) of our team.

Guess that makes me a bad fan because I can do the math and I can witness the crappy play on the field.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1i94pacr said:
We are pretty much screwed when you look at our remaining schedule and couple that with the quality of play (or lack there of) of our team.

Guess that makes me a bad fan because I can do the math and I can witness the crappy play on the field.

No faith in the team?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3abvdajv said:
Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. We have gained a number of new fans since last year.

What makes you say we're giving up? Cause I don't see any more "this is the end" threads today than I normally see after losses.

Can we still make the playoffs? Sure, but if you separate yourself from your Hawk colored glasses, what have you seen this year that says we can go 4-2 or 5-1 down the stretch against very good teams to get in?

Right now I see a defense that's a former shell of itself, and an offense that might be the worst passing offense in the NFL right now with a below average line and below average receivers that can't make plays.

Possible? Anything's possible. But what's reasonable.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2b3haq6z said:
Cyrus12":2b3haq6z said:
ust not gonna happen this year!
Then don't watch any more games or post about it, this year is "over"... why are you wasting your own time?

didn't say the year was over...just said they were not going to win the superbowl...but I would of said the same thing in pre season too. if I had the same mind set as you I wouldn't have watched the last 20 seasons or so before last year too...I always have hope but after 10 weeks you eventually have to take the superfan goggles off and just enjoy each game. They might be able to get to the playoffs but will need health and help to get there. The people who were seriously talking dynasty and multiple repeats have no clue...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3l4ts0vv said:

nope you are just a newbie bandwagon fan who doesn't have 25000 posts and didn't sign up on the site in 1976....who gives up on your team and cheer for the steelers... :sarcasm_on:

some people can't handle criticism of their team I guess.....

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3ozbz9t7 said:

Umm, what math are you exactly doing?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":pkc3lybx said:
Tech Worlds":pkc3lybx said:

nope you are just a newbie bandwagon fan who doesn't have 25000 posts and didn't sign up on the site in 1976....who gives up on your team and cheer for the steelers... :sarcasm_on:

some people can't handle criticism of their team I guess.....

"Thats a wrap on 2014"
"On to 2015"
"2014 season epitaph"
"are new fans even allowed to say these things"

just a smattering of the thread titles on the first page today. Big difference between "criticism" and biting pillows because your favorite team lost

the OP's statement may have been misguided, but his observation is not without merit.

jesus christ, get over yourself.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1z9saad4 said:

No. I do agree that 4-2 won't be enough and 5-1 is unlikely but it's not crazily impossible to achieve. I just don't expect it is all.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
had you asked me what i thought of AZ a month ago, i would have been thinking this could be a tough game for us. now, not so much.

also, had you asked me at the start of the season about SF, i would have said, tough game for us. now, not so much. since honestly, i have not seen that much from SF to make me too worried.

i am far more optimistic about both these teams now than i was ever before.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I find the idea of someone "giving up" as a fan amusing and kind of idiotic. As fans we're watching other people play a sport. Don't forget that point and you'll be a lot less stressed when things go South.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I still believe.

I think the team is about to get angry and focus their anger at the rest of the NFL. I can only imagine their anger as they watch these games in film session. They probably are beginning to think there is a blatant attempt by the league to knock them back. The almost obvious one sided officiating is letting them know that they just have to do it better. They're gonna get their attitude from last year back. They're gonna know the ticky tack penalties are coming and they're gonna overcome all of it because they are prepared for it.

The Seahawks are still going to win the division.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think they still have a good shot at a wild card, but I don't think they will win the division. Hopefully they will get into the playoffs at least. That is what I realistically hope for every year

northseahawk

Reaction score
Not much to look forward to when the opponents score on 3-4 plays every drive, your only positive player (Lynch) is rumored to be cut next year, your qb will want 20% of payroll yet can't o [edited] other than run, your pathetic coaches suddenly can't game plan and coach for [edited]. I refuse to give false hopes to myself. This team is falling down as a rocket.

Edited by Throwdown for foul language.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
That's gonna be my anthem for the rest of the season.

"This team is falling down as a rocket."

Not entirely sure what it means, but it sounds funny.

candybars

Reaction score
northseahawk":hokjetzr said:
Not much to look forward to when the opponents score on 3-4 plays every drive, your only positive player (Lynch) is rumored to be cut next year, your qb will want 20% of payroll yet can't o [edited] other than run, your pathetic coaches suddenly can't game plan and coach for [edited]. I refuse to give false hopes to myself. This team is falling down as a rocket.

Edited by Throwdown for foul language.

I don't comment much anymore, but I had to with this. Buddy, you really need to get it together.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Whenever we reach this point in the season where there's hope for the playoffs but it's at its bleakest to date, it always reminds me of a strange irony about us and all the other football fans out there. The people who enjoy football the most are probably those who are the least invested in winning championships. [Insert zen quote about life being about the ride and not the destination here].

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":mnptkbg7 said:

So Mathematician,...You bailing off the bandwagon?
I know that I am, but only to throw a little grease on the wheel bearings, and I'ma back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.