Test

sutz

Reaction score
We should all just ignore this so you have to wonder.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Other than the weekly crash that disappears all my posts, it's working fine.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It keeps saying seahawks.net didnt send any data and page wont work. This is the first time I've been able to get on since I made this post.

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":161mcoq8 said:
Hmmmm, I didn't notice any of your posts disappearing, sutz.
:lol:

A day or so ago the site wouldn't load to an SQL error. But it was only a couple hours or so until it worked again.
This last one disappeared a big swath of posts from the Politics forun, and not just mine but several. Pariicularly in the coronavirus thread, which was progressing rather well, actually.

Largent80

Reaction score
Why bother posting anything, half of them disappear just like all the good people. Oh wait, the fantastic mod squad is still here. :roll:

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well it's working better as of today...not sure if it were an issue on my end or the site.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There have only been a couple times since I joined that I have been unable to connect, the most recent noted above. But one thing I've done in the past that can solve such an issue is to clear cookies/history and start with fresh. Once your latest search history is to a disabled site for some reason it returns to that failed url search. But fixes on that simple an order will only help if the problem is on your end. Sounds like that is not the case if I'm reading the explanations correctly. Things seem to be working properly ever since that bugaboo on the 28th.

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":hsqa4xfl said:
There have only been a couple times since I joined that I have been unable to connect, the most recent noted above. But one thing I've done in the past that can solve such an issue is to clear cookies/history and start with fresh. Once your latest search history is to a disabled site for some reason it returns to that failed url search. But fixes on that simple an order will only help if the problem is on your end. Sounds like that is not the case if I'm reading the explanations correctly. Things seem to be working properly ever since that bugaboo on the 28th.
Yeah, these were server crashes, and the databases were restored to a previous status, thus the "missing" posts/threads.

Not much to be done about those.

balakoth

Reaction score
The Admins really should stop using 300 dollar hosting and over priced backups, with 30/m RDS systems

WHEN AGAIN for the 400th time... AWS... collaborative services... with weekly instance backups would be EXTREMELY cheaper than what they are asking for in "donations" ... and more stable. I run 5 sites off of a minimal Elastic service on AWS for a 1/10th of this hosting price. Optimization for bandwidth and better services should bode our site we all love better, and more financially feasible to the admins

You cannot tell me I am the only DevOps, Developer on here who can see their yearly prices are BEYOND what they should be paying for this site...

I Love you guys.. but in a sense this is a business.. and you should be evaluating your hosting charges on that EXACT measure

balakoth

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1lb4up4w said:

Count yourself the lucky.... I consistently get Database failure messages, bandwidth messages etc.

We are not running an eCommerce site here.. but a VPHPBB system.... basic, poorly optimized.. but still in the basic sense a php board system utilizing a MYSQL db..... If you don't want to pay for a custom system, research basic stable services.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
balakoth":16e5wsrj said:
The Admins really should stop using 300 dollar hosting and over priced backups, with 30/m RDS systems

WHEN AGAIN for the 400th time... AWS... collaborative services... with weekly instance backups would be EXTREMELY cheaper than what they are asking for in "donations" ... and more stable. I run 5 sites off of a minimal Elastic service on AWS for a 1/10th of this hosting price. Optimization for bandwidth and better services should bode our site we all love better, and more financially feasible to the admins

You cannot tell me I am the only DevOps, Developer on here who can see their yearly prices are BEYOND what they should be paying for this site...

I Love you guys.. but in a sense this is a business.. and you should be evaluating your hosting charges on that EXACT measure

I had looked at AWS a while back and again just recently and to build a similar layout to what we currently have would have been significantly more. Now it is possible we have more than we need but it has been running pretty dang smooth for almost 8 months. We do think we may have resolved the problem.

I don’t do much in the cloud server management space so if you could maybe point me in the right direction I would be interested in better educating myself.

Latest posts