Sweezy is Back...

cheese22

Reaction score
Is it possible this is the result of Pocic not being ready or wanting Pocic coming off the bench to back up 2 spots? That makes it easier to carry 9 OL. It's hard to believe they are already disappointed by the guy Solari wanted brought in.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawknation2018":12lktvjh said:
I don’t think Fluker is obviously the starter.

Me neither. I'm betting Fluker rides the pine.

toffee

Reaction score
cheese22":2xv6r6ef said:
Is it possible this is the result of Pocic not being ready or wanting Pocic coming off the bench to back up 2 spots? That makes it easier to carry 9 OL. It's hard to believe they are already disappointed by the guy Solari wanted brought in.

This

So it could be:

LT : Brown --- Jone
LG: Sweezy --- Roos/Pocic
C: Britt --- Pocic
RG: Fluker --- Roos/Pocic
RT: Ifedi --- Fant

hawknation2018

Reaction score
cheese22":1scqqzij said:

I actually forgot for a second that Pocic could hypothetically be the backup center. If Britt goes down, they could shift Pocic to center and use someone else at LG, perhaps Jones or Odhiambo or Roos or Beavers (depending on who makes the roster). Not sure if Solari would want to play it safe by keeping Hunt on the roster.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
toffee":1eb9k69h said:
cheese22":1eb9k69h said:

This

So it could be:

LT : Brown --- Jone
LG: Sweezy --- Roos/Pocic
C: Britt --- Pocic
RG: Fluker --- Roos/Pocic
RT: Ifedi --- Fant

Nah, I doubt they would want to give up on Pocic at LG or train Sweezy to play from the left side. He's always been at RG.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Fade":5qaqbnpp said:
This signing is a very cheap deal so no one should be disappointed.

I think he is an upgrade over Fluker, but Fluker has the advantage of playing for Solari already. Fluker vs. Ifedi RT competition incoming perhaps.

Brown
Pocic
Britt
Sweezy
Ifedi

Fluker
Jones
Fant

Those 8 guys will make the team if healthy.

The Seahawks usually keep 9, sometime keep 10.

My guess for the 10 that make the final roster:

Brown
Pocic
Britt
Sweezy
Ifedi
Fluker
Jones
Fant
Battle
Odhiambo

I would normally suggest Roos over Odhiambo, but I keep reading he is getting burned on the pass rush drills....so, well, I guess that means he might stay afterall.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1xgtw1wm said:
But, they tried Roos, Beavers and Ifedi at RG in case Fluker gets hurt so are they not happy with any of them?

I don't see why anyone would be.

canucklehead

Reaction score
Even though I'm trying to fend it off, I have to admit the usual training camp delusional optimism is creeping into my brain.

If Sweezy now amounts to depth on the OL is it just me or is anyone else starting to believe the OL might actually be good this year?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
canucklehead":26lfhg79 said:
Even though I'm trying to fend it off, I have to admit the usual training camp delusional optimism is creeping into my brain.

If Sweezy now amounts to depth on the OL is it just me or is anyone else starting to believe the OL might actually be good this year?

I'm always fairly optimistic, and when the line was so bad last year, it's hard not to have at least a bit of optimism that it will improve.

But the changes to the line, along with some continuity, and new coaching, could in reality provide a league-average type line. That would probably feel like we'd died and gone to O-line heaven, considering what we've been cheering on the last couple of seasons.

canucklehead

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":20odfzdr said:
[.....But the changes to the line, along with some continuity, and new coaching, could in reality provide a league-average type line. That would probably feel like we'd died and gone to O-line heaven, considering what we've been cheering on the last couple of seasons.

LOL :2thumbs:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Wow they have him out there with the first team. I know they shuffle a lot right now, but that has to be a good sign for health if nothing else, right?

canucklehead

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1xyq3dok said:
Wow they have him out there with the first team. I know they shuffle a lot right now, but that has to be a good sign for health if nothing else, right?

at what position did they have him with first team?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
canucklehead":30gd4i3d said:
Coug_Hawk08":30gd4i3d said:

RG, his old spot.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
canucklehead":1e3brifz said:
Coug_Hawk08":1e3brifz said:

Right security guard keeping the sucker punches from landing on Ifedi. :mrgreen:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1025101959215308801[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1025101765828431872[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":174b1kk9 said:

Yup.

The one thing that was striking about watching Sweezy’s tape from last season was just how much better he looked in pass protection. I will say he did not look as explosive toward the end of the season, but his pass blocking technique was on par.

toffee

Reaction score
So in the end, free agent wise, we lost a LG in Joeckel, signed two RG in Fluker and now Sweezy. Too bad they both didn't have experience playing LG, but combine cost of Fluker and Sweezy is probably less than Joeckel's.

I believe we signed Joeckel and Oday at the urging or at least blessing of Cable, Joeckel's poor performance led me to stop giving Cable the benefit of doubt after he talked up Joeckel's '16 guard play as the best in the league. If Joeckel's guard play in '16 was indeed that good, then Cable's coaching must be the culprit for Joeckel's downfall; otherwise, Cable's talent evaluation sucked.

Eager to see how Fluker and Sweezy perform under Solari's coaching, one was signed with Solari's recommendation, the other with his blessing.

'18 OL is starting to look good, would be interesting to see this lineup Fluker-Sweezy-Britt-??-Brown, lots of experience.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":21k4pnw9 said:
[youtube]a_X1gLUQcVY[/youtube]

JR Sweezy's 8/2/18 press conference transcript with embedded audio link to today's recorded press conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/9218/[/urltargetblank]
(On being back in Seattle) “It’s great, it’s everything I thought it’d be. Feel like I’m at home. Ready to get things going and win some ball games.”

(On when Seahawks contacted him after Tampa Bay) “Immediately, immediately. Which was pretty awesome that they still thought that highly of me. I really respect that. Again, I’m just glad to be here and glad to be with the guys.”

(On where he is physically) “100 percent, 100 percent.”

adeltaY

Reaction score
toffee":3kz4dhwg said:
So in the end, free agent wise, we lost a LG in Joeckel, signed two RG in Fluker and now Sweezy. Too bad they both didn't have experience playing LG, but combine cost of Fluker and Sweezy is probably less than Joeckel's.

I believe we signed Joeckel and Oday at the urging or at least blessing of Cable, Joeckel's poor performance led me to stop giving Cable the benefit of doubt after he talked up Joeckel's '16 guard play as the best in the league. If Joeckel's guard play in '16 was indeed that good, then Cable's coaching must be the culprit for Joeckel's downfall; otherwise, Cable's talent evaluation sucked.

Eager to see how Fluker and Sweezy perform under Solari's coaching, one was signed with Solari's recommendation, the other with his blessing.

'18 OL is starting to look good, would be interesting to see this lineup Fluker-Sweezy-Britt-??-Brown, lots of experience.

IIRC, we got Fluker for very, very little money and I'm guessing the same or a bit more for Sweezy so if you add them up, it'll probably be a quarter of what we paid for Joeckel. Can't believe we gave that guy 7.5 mil or whatever.