Surprise Cuts? And all other roster cuts!

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Hopefully Bell, Winston, Lindsey, and Gotel make it to the practice squad. I thought all of those guys showed some interesting things at one time or another throughout pre-season.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Don't the hawks historically make their cuts well before the deadline? Feels like they are taking this down to the wire for the most part. 40 mins to the deadline right now

GGotskill

Reaction score
Don't the hawks historically make their cuts well before the deadline? Feels like they are taking this down to the wire for the most part. 40 mins to the deadline right now

They are usually right up to the line with cuts. The cut dates have changed in recent years, so having to cut down from 90 to 53 is a big task (compared to it being spread out over a few weeks).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How could he not make the team after he B.O.B.O'd all preseason?

B.O.B.O: Balled Out, Balled Often.

That's right, and football media just keep prefacing every tweet and hot take with Bobo's 4.99 40 time, and he'll keep toasting fools.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That's right, and football media just keep prefacing every tweet and hot take with Bobo's 4.99 40 time, and he'll keep toasting fools.
Not saying he’s this guy but I remember a small not fast receiver who was always open and caught everything thrown his way. He wore #80 and is in the HOF.

Dude could hit too.
Hardin’s feet were over his head when we was obliterated by Largent.

bileever

Reaction score
No big surprises, at least not yet. DeeJay Dallas, Devin Bush, Artie Burns all make the 53-man roster, despite what some people were predicting. Even experts like Bob Condotta (Artie Burns) and Gregg Bell (Devin Bush).

I think that Jerrick Reed's spot might have gone to Joey Blount or Jonathan Sutherland if those two hadn't gotten injured.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think Jerrick Reed's spot was destined pre draft. Both John and Pete were head over heels for this guy and he solidified by making some splashy plays in the few chances he got during pre-season games. Give him some time. He just might have the makings of another Spoon type. Those two may resurrect Legion of Boom stature for our defense.

bileever

Reaction score
I think Jerrick Reed's spot was destined pre draft. Both John and Pete were head over heels for this guy and he solidified by making some splashy plays in the few chances he got during pre-season games. Give him some time. He just might have the makings of another Spoon type.
I hear what you're saying--it's tough to cut those draft picks. But it seems like Sutherland was outplaying Reed in camp and he was impressive in that first game. It just looked like it was coming to a head, with Blount, Sutherland and Reed before the injuries. Now I suspect Blount and Sutherland will land on the practice squad unless some other team picks them up.