Steve Hutchinson Hofer

rjdriver

Reaction score
Rob_Grimm":l60nj7yi said:
Hutch was from Florida. I was really bitter about the poison pill garbage at the time, but I’m over it now. Congrats to Steve Hutchinson. He was a legend for the Seahawks.
The real blame goes to Tim Ruskell and the players association. Ruskell was a flat out idiot being cheap with a great player and the PA wanted the transition tag gone...
Also, screw the Vikings for that chump ass move. The NFL should have blocked the transaction the moment it hit the league office.

They would have, had Hutch played for a legacy squad like Dallas or Pittsburgh. You can still see the veins in Mike’s head pop when he talks about finding out that Ruskell had unilaterally switched to the franchise tag without notifying ownership or the coaches. And no, Hutch had no ties to Minnesota. As previously mentioned, he’s from Florida and attended the university of Michigan.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1ld3er38 said:
acer1240":1ld3er38 said:
Disagree kiwi. I'm not saying that you are wrong on the Ruskell comment as you are spot on, but in the end, it did not cost Hutch a dime.

It was an unprecedented clause and has since been banned in NFL contract language.

It was a $h!t move to say the least.
Let's not forget Hutch is from Minnesota and had a desire to go home if the money was right and if I recall correctly his wife/girlfriend at the time was also from the Minny area and preggers so there were some other factors but I among many I know were first hand pissed off he left.

The NFL is a business and stuff like this happens sometimes and if Ruskell didn't screw the pooch like he did, Hutch would have remained a Hawk, PERIOD.

I am glad he made the HOF because he sure deserves to be there, at least IMO.

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF

Except he's not from Minnesota. He was born and went to HS in Florida and went to Michigan. From what I'm seeing his wife was also his high school girlfriend, so unless they were pen pals...not from Minnesota.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1lrgyfkl said:
Bobblehead":1lrgyfkl said:
Poison pill shouldn't bother anyone.

Regardless of blame, it was 15 years go. Football is something that is supposed to be fun; carrying a grudge with real emotions from two presidents ago over it seems weird.
Generally I agree but I'll NEVER stop holding a grudge against the NFL for XL*, freaking NEVER!

chris98251

Reaction score
Hutch liked the Northwest because he was a outdoorsman, he liked Minnesota for the same reason, he could kill stuff and fish.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
As we said years ago, Huck Futch.

He disappeared from my circle of care through his own actions.

Probably the most formerly significant member of this team I don't consider a Seahawk.

Embarassing.