So we done yet?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Methinks we've forgotten it all evens out in the NFL in the end.....

1. Somebody actually covered Julio Jones sometimes even if it was half assed.
2. We play....

Carolina at home, San Francisco, Dallas away (like it matters)...San Francisco, Arizona, Pittsburgh at home. Our next toss-up game is against Minnesota. I'm sensing an epic run boys.

I could be wrong but any team that is starting Matt Cassel and hoping Christine Michael or Rod Smith are the answer when we roll into town has big issues. ;)

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we get by Carolina, I'd agree that it looks a lot softer.

I also wouldn't discount SF at their house. Their defense isn't playing badly.

I'd be happier if we were scoring more than 17 ppg on offense right now. We'll see how we look against the Panthers.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If we win carolina we are def not done. we would be on the start of a potentially great streak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I've been waiting to kick Pittsburgh's ass for a long time. If we tank the season and lose to them it will truly be depressing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2phsri5e said:
starts with a win tomorrow...a must win imo.

Agree absolutely.

Big, big, big game tomorrow. A win, especially coupled with an AZ loss puts us right back in a good spot,

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I agree with everyone that is saying tomorrow is of the utmost importance. Beyond that, Frisco in the road won't be a walk in the park either. But of the games you listed MHG, Pissburgh is the one that really concerns me. As badly as I want to see a Hawks blowout, I find that prospect highly unlikely.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3mcbkmxb said:

2. We play....

Carolina at home, San Francisco, Dallas away (like it matters)...San Francisco, Arizona, Pittsburgh at home. Our next toss-up game is against Minnesota. I'm sensing an epic run boys.

I could be wrong but any team that is starting Matt Cassel and hoping Christine Michael or Rod Smith are the answer when we roll into town has big issues. ;)

"Our next toss-up game is against Minnesota".

Lol, no. This team plays close games every week no matter who the competition. We were fortunate to beat the winless Lions, in primetime, in our house. EVERY game on the schedule is a toss-up.

Sometimes I am surprised how dismissive of other teams some of us are.

Carolina is a tough game. The 49ers is going to be a tough game, despite what people think. Dallas will at least have Dez Bryant back when we play them. Arizona is going to be very tough to beat, even in our house. The Steelers have a lot of offensive talent, will have Big Ben back.

This team needs to show up every week; they have already burned their cushion.

When we beat the Panthers tomorrow (and we will), we have a chance to get to that Cardinals game at 6-3. That would be huge.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3263vlwk said:
MizzouHawkGal":3263vlwk said:

2. We play....

"Our next toss-up game is against Minnesota".

Lol, no. This team plays close games every week no matter who the competition. We were fortunate to beat the winless Lions, in primetime, in our house. EVERY game on the schedule is a toss-up.

Sometimes I am surprised how dismissive of other teams some of us are.

Carolina is a tough game. The 49ers is going to be a tough game, despite what people think. Dallas will at least have Dez Bryant back when we play them. Arizona is going to be very tough to beat, even in our house. The Steelers have a lot of offensive talent, will have Big Ben back.

This team needs to show up every week; they have already burned their cushion.

When we beat the Panthers tomorrow (and we will), we have a chance to get to that Cardinals game at 6-3. That would be huge.

I agree. The way the Hawks have played as a whole, thus far, makes every game a 'toss up' until they prove differently. Maybe Kam needs to get the boys together for another Powwow...couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think you guys misunderstand the fact that the schedule is setting up to allow for a long win streak. I never said anything about blowing out anybody. Just winning because it makes no difference what the margin is or how its done a win is a win. Just ask the Broncos.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":9t0o6mr7 said:
I've been waiting to kick Pittsburgh's ass for a long time. If we tank the season and lose to them it will truly be depressing.

Bite your tongue!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":27hanfa3 said:
I think you guys misunderstand the fact that the schedule is setting up to allow for a long win streak. I never said anything about blowing out anybody. Just winning because it makes no difference what the margin is or how its done a win is a win. Just ask the Broncos.

Weird how a thought process goes. This season would have been more special if we were going for a 3 peat. Or # 1 defense 3 years in a row. Then you have to redirect your thinking and ask, do want want another SB or not? I personally got hung up on the dynasty and top defenses for the ages conversation. Anyways, if a win is a win, then a Super Bowl win, is Super Bowl win. Don't care if it's sloppy lets just start winning, swag can come later.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2kiujfey said:
MizzouHawkGal":2kiujfey said:

Weird how a thought process goes. This season would have been more special if we were going for a 3 peat. Or # 1 defense 3 years in a row. Then you have to redirect your thinking and ask, do want want another SB or not? I personally got hung up on the dynasty and top defenses for the ages conversation. Anyways, if a win is a win, then a Super Bowl win, is Super Bowl win. Don't care if it's sloppy lets just start winning, swag can come later.
Excatly. I too was caught up in the possibility of having the best defense ever or winning three superbowls in a row. But the fact is nobody cares about week 5 when week 18 rolls around let alone last year or the year before....or ancient history like 2005. The NFL is all about what have you done for me lately?

We're a couple games behind and likely will be tied for first place in our division by the time we play Arizona if we just take care of business. The cherry on top is the fact every game we have on the remaining schedule until Arizona and beyond is totally winnable. And if we do exactly as expected we're in the conversation for the number one or two seed as usual. It may not unfold that way but it's still a reasonable possibility.

Latest posts