So, are we double digit faves next week?

toffee

Reaction score
9ers' the lack of talent is total BS, they were rated quite favorably by national experts before the regular season started. We were the team that all experts thought lacking in talents ....

Popeyejones

Reaction score
toffee":1irfiubc said:
9ers' the lack of talent is total BS, they were rated quite favorably by national experts before the regular season started.

Well yeah, teams tend to not do as well when they lose their starting QBs for the year (on top of just having really bad injury luck all year on top of that -- they were down another six starters yesterday too).

This isn't a trap game.

Nick Mullens sucks (I posted the same thing here after he had a statistically good first week three weeks ago).

If Shanahan decides to start Beathard he sucks too.

The fear for the Hawks, I think, would be in letting the 9ers hang around for awhile.

This isn't really a losable game for them IMO.

94Smith

Reaction score
Mullens laid an egg last game against the Bucs. His arm strength as a weakness was on display as he failed to convert on numerous 3rd and longs. If the Seahawks get stubborn and try to run the ball a lot, the score could be closer than 10. If they let Wilson be Wilson, they should cover.

mrblitz

Reaction score
if the seahawks put up 30+, the defense should be able to hold the niners to less than 20. having said that, i'm not taking the hawks -10. 'hawks should probably make it, but you never know.

each week, certain spreads, they seem extreme. 10 points for this game is a notch below 'extreme'. it's definitely 'doable' but not a 'lock'. ymmv

94Smith

Reaction score
Our offense will be limited to Breida having explosive runs and dinking and dunking . Breida leads the league in YPC. Seahawks have the worst YPC run defense. Garcon is down for the count with a knee injury and Goodwin was out last week with a personal issue. Mullens does not pass very well to the WR , especially when they are 3rd and 4th stringers. Hopefully Pettis shows some growth over the next 6 games. TB was able to limit Kittles production and seemed to be targeting him in coverage schemes. It makes sense, he seems to be the outlet read for Mullens in crunch times.

On defense, 49ers are deceivingly good against the run. They are however horrible at the screen game and Seahawks should be able to scheme the Rbs open and WR screens are usually effective . Wilsons ability to scramble and the Seahawks knack for getting open for big plays downfield will produce lots of chunk plays. Also Witherspoon is good for a large PI call once per game and I know they will be targeting that side of the field. Safety play has been a disaster all year with injuries. Reed is slotted for FS right now and it is not his natural position, so it is 3rd stringer at FS. Ward got injured (again) last game. Tartt is back at SS and is the best safety we have right now. The whole secondary is really soft though. And when your pass rush is soft other than Buckner, you can't compete on 3rd and long. This defense has been horrible at getting turnovers as well. When you give up yards and points, you can make up for it in turnovers, you are going to get beat, consistently.

A lot of people say we are 2-9 because of losing Garoppolo and McKinnon and there is some truth to that, but with our defensive play this year, our record would be not much different with Garoppolo .... maybe 4-7? You can't consistently win if you don't produce some turnovers and they simply have not got it done. You also have to be able to produce sacks and pressure to get off the field on 3rd down.

If I had to guess on the score I would guess 30-21 .