Snow in GB Sunday???

12thbrah

Reaction score
Snow in Green Bay is better than -20 in Minnesota

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawks46":297yf7yy said:
Actually Kap has owned GB a few times.

Their pass rushers get up field too fast and lose contain. In every contest he had 100 yards rushing or more, and the game you're talking about he had like 180.

That said, Wilson is a far superior passer and can still use his legs. If he goes all dueal threat on them, it will be over. Problem is, GB seems to have Wilson's number and they play pretty well against him in the secondary.

As time goes by, this is probably going to show how smart Harbaugh was at using his teams strengths. When Kap loses his ego maybe he should give ol JH a call to show his appreciation. IMHO Krap was in the only situation he could have been in to succeed in NFL and now,,,,,,, its gone.

Optimus25

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2b45gw1w said:
Hawks46":2b45gw1w said:
Actually Kap has owned GB a few times.

Their pass rushers get up field too fast and lose contain. In every contest he had 100 yards rushing or more, and the game you're talking about he had like 180.

That said, Wilson is a far superior passer and can still use his legs. If he goes all dueal threat on them, it will be over. Problem is, GB seems to have Wilson's number and they play pretty well against him in the secondary.

As time goes by, this is probably going to show how smart Harbaugh was at using his teams strengths. When Kap loses his ego maybe he should give ol JH a call to show his appreciation. IMHO Krap was in the only situation he could have been in to succeed in NFL and now,,,,,,, its gone.

It's just amazing to think of how hyped he was a few short years ago... Jaworski talking about GOAT lol.

I was thrilled because i seriously didn't think we could have beat that niners D combined with the ultra conservative Alex Smith offense.

ptisme

Reaction score
seahawksny":213ml5uf said:
Largent80":213ml5uf said:
The last game I remember playing there in the snow is one I would like to forget.

Oh yes-
sorry to remind you but it was 2007, up 14-0 .
No snow at beginning of game. Once it came down, it was over.
and we had the distinct honor of being Favre's last victim in Lambeau. He didnt win a game there after that. They lost to NYG the following week.

Game that ended like too many until the Carroll era.
He actually won one more there. He beat the Packers with the Vikings there
two years later.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Vikings fans wish they would've struggled mightily + a field goal most recently....

bigskydoc

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38kti50b said:
He played for Wisconsin, not worried even a little bit about the weather.

People always bring this up when discussing Wilson's play in inclement weather, but when you look at his actual, one year, career at Wisconsin, the numbers don't support the argument. The coldest game he played in was at Ohio State, 10/29/11, 43 degrees. He never played in snow. He played one game with light rain, against Penn State, when he was 19/29 for 186 yards and 2 touchdowns, a pretty good outing I would say, but only one game.

Of course, I was referring to his professional career with the Seahawks.

09/1/11 UNLV Clear, 90 degrees, Precipitation 0"
09/10/11 Oregon State, 71 degrees, Clear, Precipitation 0"
09/17/11 Northern Illinois, 65 degrees, mostly sunny at Soldier Field
09/24/11 South Dakota, 60 degrees, cloudy, Precipitation 0"
10/01/11 Nebraska, 51 degrees, clear, Precipitation 0"
10/15/11 Indiana, 52 degrees, clear/ windy
10/22/11 Michigan State, 50 degrees, partly cloudy, at MSU
10/29/11 Ohio State, 43 degrees, clear, at OSU
11/05/11 Purdue, 55 degrees, partly cloudy, Precipitation 0"
11/15/11 Minnesota, 61 degrees, mostly cloudy, at Minnesota
11/19/11 Illinois, 51 degrees, cloudy, windy, at Illinois
11/26/11 Penn State, 52 degrees, light rain, precipitation 0.31"

Big Ten Championship was indoors, and the Rose Bowl was 82 and sunny.

irocdave

Reaction score
The forcast weather in Green Bay this Sunday is warmer than the Seattle area the past couple of days. They cover the field so it wont be frozen as the temps are going to be around 28 - 31 at game time. Light snow on an above freezing field will equate to light rain. I don't see an issue with this. This isn't even close to what the Vikings and Hawks played in last year in the playoffs. Just be glad the game isn't next Wednesday Night in Green Bay.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Forecasts I saw all say something like "Not as cold with snow much of the time, accumulating an additional 2-4 inches- high of 32- low winds 0-10".

Doesn't look like temp or wind will be big factors. It will be interesting to see how much of the predicted 2-4 inches falls during game time.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
irocdave":3utcb1f9 said:
The forcast weather in Green Bay this Sunday is warmer than the Seattle area the past couple of days. They cover the field so it wont be frozen as the temps are going to be around 28 - 31 at game time. Light snow on an above freezing field will equate to light rain. I don't see an issue with this. This isn't even close to what the Vikings and Hawks played in last year in the playoffs. Just be glad the game isn't next Wednesday Night in Green Bay.
I hope you are right but I highly doubt it is warmer or even near Seattle weather.

The lows in GB is in the teens unlike Seattle's lows of 30. Much of the day the temperature will remain in the 20s and might not reach the freezing point at game time. The wind in GB definitely has an arctic bite at times.
Probably not like Seattle weather where highs are 40s and low is 30. Good thing is the field is heated.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
bigskydoc":vlmci4ee said:
SoulfishHawk":vlmci4ee said:
He played for Wisconsin, not worried even a little bit about the weather.

People always bring this up when discussing Wilson's play in inclement weather, but when you look at his actual, one year, career at Wisconsin, the numbers don't support the argument. The coldest game he played in was at Ohio State, 10/29/16, 43 degrees. He never played in snow. He played one game with light rain, against Penn State, when he was 19/29 for 186 yards and 2 touchdowns, a pretty good outing I would say, but only one game.

Of course, I was referring to his professional career with the Seahawks.

09/1/11 UNLV Clear, 90 degrees, Precipitation 0"
09/10/11 Oregon State, 71 degrees, Clear, Precipitation 0"
09/17/11 Northern Illinois, 65 degrees, mostly sunny at Soldier Field
09/24/11 South Dakota, 60 degrees, cloudy, Precipitation 0"
10/01/11 Nebraska, 51 degrees, clear, Precipitation 0"
10/15/11 Indiana, 52 degrees, clear/ windy
10/22/16 Michigan State, 50 degrees, partly cloudy, at MSU
10/29/16 Ohio State, 43 degrees, clear, at OSU
11/05/11 Purdue, 55 degrees, partly cloudy, Precipitation 0"
11/15/11 Minnesota, 61 degrees, mostly cloudy, at Minnesota
11/19/11 Illinois, 51 degrees, cloudy, windy, at Illinois
11/26/11 Penn State, 52 degrees, light rain, precipitation 0.31"

Big Ten Championship was indoors, and the Rose Bowl was 82 and sunny.
Very good analysis. It's surprising how Wilson avoided snow and cold playing in Wisconsin and the midwest. Even the Minnesota game in mid November was an usually warm 61 degrees!
But if Rodgers can adapt to cold weather so can Wilson with help from his mental guru.

sutz

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":mvkv5wjw said:
irocdave":mvkv5wjw said:
I hope you are right but I highly doubt it is warmer or even near Seattle weather.

The lows in GB is in the teens unlike Seattle's lows of 30. Much of the day the temperature will remain in the 20s and might not reach the freezing point at game time. The wind in GB definitely has an arctic bite at times.
Probably not like Seattle weather where highs are 40s and low is 30. Good thing is the field is heated.
Usually true, but this week, Seattle area was closer to 10F than 30 for several days. They had a chance to get outside in the cold to practice if they thought it advisable. I would think it a good idea, myself.

253hawk

Reaction score
If it's snowy, then it won't even be very cold. Just light jogging is more than enough to keep you warm in those temps. It'll be over 40 degrees warmer than it was in Minnesota for that wild card game.

Rumor is that we will be wearing all whites...not sure if that's worse for Wilson and the Packers D trying to locate our receivers or for Rodgers throwing downfield.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'm here in Green Bay for the game . They are saying 80% chance of snow during the game! Looking foward to it

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
I'm (hopefully) driving up from outside Chicago. Getting almost a foot in that area. Green Bay getting slightly less but it should still be snowing during the game after starting tonight.