Snacks Harrison is coming to town

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ebf6ho0u said:
How does Harrison help us?

Is Harrison at all an effective pass rusher?

Or just good at stopping the run that nobody cares about?

Honest question, not intending to be snarky.

Would he help us get to the QB? At least free up some of our other guys to get to the QB?

The interior line is lacking depth as well. There is more than one need at a time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Update: going into covid protocol in Seattle, visit early next week.

Fade

Reaction score
Snacks offers Z-E-R-O as a pass rusher, but in this division with the 9ers and Rams, he can be a contributor as those teams feature difficult to stop running games. So if the Hawks can add him, they probably should.

In general they need depth on the interior, as they are 1 injury away from being super thin at that spot.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seems a little odd because everyone in the rotation has been great against the run and I would rather see some pass rush help but at this point that may be impossible without a trade so a depth piece can't hurt.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
austinslater25":3j9l0i64 said:
Seems a little odd because everyone in the rotation has been great against the run and I would rather see some pass rush help but at this point that may be impossible without a trade so a depth piece can't hurt.

Gotta ease the load on Poona and Reed.

Reed has the ability to get home, so give him some rest on early run downs and let him go get the qb in 3rd and long.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":1qtr69l7 said:

I think long term our pass rush will be OK, or at least have enough bodies once Green comes off the IR, and we'll continue to see Griffin and Brooks (also again after he's healthy). Mayowa, Collier, Robinson, Green and guys like Griffin and Brooks is a decent rotation.

On the other hand the cupboards are bare for DT help. Can't continue to have Reed and Ford play 90% of the snaps. Just isn't good long term for those two guys to take that many snaps.

So getting an effective veteran DT into the rotation IMO is a FAR more critical need................and it was a critical need before the season started, so not sure why we waited this long to address it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":61q88e1s said:
MontanaHawk05":61q88e1s said:
There are no good pass-rushing DTs available. In lieu of that, the next best thing is to find someone to spell Jarran Reed and provide some actual depth. Just because Snacks isn't a pass-rusher doesn't mean it's good to leave Reed out there playing an ungodly number of snaps.

Come on man he is playing 80% of defensive snaps. Just like he did last season and the season before that.

I think the team realizes the depth is razor thin at DT and perhaps they do need to reduce Reed’s snap count or to spell others on the DLine to improve their collect effectiveness.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Not sure he’s a great add. Good run stuffer but I’m not sure he’s a great team mate. We’ve had a few too many of those guys. Pete’s generally good at managing them but he definitely prefers guys that love ball, as he puts it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't have my hopes up, not because I don't think Harrison won't have a good meeting with Pete and the coaches today......but that he's already said he's also meeting with Green Bay later this week before making his decision.

So those are two things going against us;

1. GB has more cap space to throw another 500k-1M at him that we don't have.
2. Harrison is more familiar with the NFC North, so he might be more comfortable there.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tv67gru said:
I don't have my hopes up, not because I don't think Harrison won't have a good meeting with Pete and the coaches today......but that he's already said he's also meeting with Green Bay later this week before making his decision.

2. Harrison is more familiar with the NFC North, so he might be more comfortable there.

If he is here today, he cannot meet with green Bay until next week.

Thats a long time to wait with money on the line.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1313410071557177344[/tweet]

"It's home for me,'' Harrison tells me in a just-after-midnight Tuesday conversation. "I'd love to play close to home. It'd alleviate some stress on my wife.

"Dallas was my No. 1 choice.''

But instead, the 6-3, 350-pound premium run-stopper, a former All-Pro now 31 and planning to "be lighter (in weight) than I've ever been to start a season,'' is set to visit the Seattle Seahawks and the Green Bay Packers in the coming days.

Josina Anderson was first to report that he’s visiting Seattle on Tuesday with a scheduled trip to the Packers on Wednesday. Harrison confirms those plans to me, and says other teams are calling as well.

But not the Cowboys.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2asefxkv said:
Si: "2. Harrison is more familiar with the NFC North, so he might be more comfortable there."

Considering GB, so he's got incentive to play against his former teammates?

I'm saying if the Hawks offer.. he may look at the covid protocols wait and not like the idea of passing up whatever he gets from Seattle fir a week-long wait and see.

Just speculation on my part sounds like he's talking alot. Bothers me already really.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nhk5faz said:
Sgt. Largent":2nhk5faz said:

All the sites are saying he's meeting with GB tomorrow.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2020 ... -wednesday

Why would he have to wait until next week?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":iam4rwuf said:
Uncle Si":iam4rwuf said:
Sgt. Largent":iam4rwuf said:

All the sites are saying he's meeting with GB tomorrow.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2020 ... -wednesday

Why would he have to wait until next week?

Covid?
Unless it's a zoom mseting.