Sidney Rice likely cut per NFL.com

w00t

Reaction score
theascension":2yxce2uu said:
I like what Miller has done but I'm not sure he's versatile or more importantly fast enough for what Pete wants. Luke Wilson has so far been our best draft from last year. I'm not sure Miller is all that essential anymore.

You are clueless.

Miller is basically a TE/LT hybrid for us and makes clutch catches when we need them this season. Luke Willson is a fast rookie but nowhere near as versatile as Miller. I'm watchin the super bowl game right now and Luke Willson can't block like Zach Miller.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1vp9e8g7 said:
gulliver":1vp9e8g7 said:
Knew it would happen but yikes... the Lombardi hasn't been home 24 hours and the guy will already be reading reports that he's been exiled from these guys he was so close to. Feel bad...

Pretty classless to put this report out a day before the parade. Anyone who has seen the cap figures can figure this out. This is not groundbreaking news. No need to put it out on NFL.com. Rap is just desperate to be "right" for once and I seriously doubt he has any actual sources. Maybe the same ones who told him Percy was going on IR?
Bingo.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not too surprising, however if he is willing to adjust his contract he could potentially be back.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3lk5eq7y said:
Smelly McUgly":3lk5eq7y said:
Miller has been a disappointment since coming over from Oakland before the 2011 season. He's been serviceable at best in Seattle, recording just 96 catches over three seasons with the 'Hawks.

I hate this line of thought. It's the same reason people call Russell Wilson a game manager. Our system doesn't call on Miller to be a pass-catching fiend. He's in there mostly to run block, and he kicks butt at it.

Agreed. That line was a load of crap. Zach has had to be like a 6th OL for most of his tenure here.

Agreed on Miller's contributions, but not sure they warrant the contract he has.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The writer says also that Miller has been disappointment. So he knows Nothing about Seahawks.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Happy":1u1zwqsi said:
I think there's gonna be a lot of guys that were brought here in the first two years (2010-2011) that aren't going to be on the team on opening day.

With Pete and John's roster management philosophy which is a take on the packer way, only the very best players are going to see the big money, the rest will move on when they hit their peak earning years. That means some good players are going to be walking out the door every year. Gonna be a bit scary.

I reckon that implies we've seen the last of Golden Tate in a Seahawk uniform as well.

This. Basically the same thing I said in my thread just much more tactfully worded lol.

Hawk Strap":1u1zwqsi said:
Miller is a luxury we may not be able to keep. Same as a Rice , Tate, Clemons and Red.

I disagree about Miller being a luxury we don't need, until we improve our oline or sign a good blocking te at least.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
God this is just Fantasy football masquerading as reporting! Quality stuff there Rap!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
per a source familiar with the Seahawks' thinking.

In other words, nobody's actually heard anything, they're just making informed guesses.

Sad what "source journalism" is coming to these days.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Polaris":1n7q41pi said:
Actually regarding Percy, Rap wasn't far from wrong. Apparently Pete was on the verge of putting Percy on IR and Percy (and Wilson) talked him out of it.

There were like 21 threads on this forum speculating that Percy would go to IR before Rap ever said anything about it. All he does is guess based on widely available information and then takes credit when inevitable things occur.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":32xe8q47 said:
Hasselbeck":32xe8q47 said:
Smelly McUgly":32xe8q47 said:
Miller has been a disappointment since coming over from Oakland before the 2011 season. He's been serviceable at best in Seattle, recording just 96 catches over three seasons with the 'Hawks.

I hate this line of thought. It's the same reason people call Russell Wilson a game manager. Our system doesn't call on Miller to be a pass-catching fiend. He's in there mostly to run block, and he kicks butt at it.

Agreed. That line was a load of crap. Zach has had to be like a 6th OL for most of his tenure here.

Agreed on Miller's contributions, but not sure they warrant the contract he has.

Oh I agree completely. Miller must restructure or we have to cut him.

As big as the drafts were leading up to this championship, these next couple of drafts will be paramount to sustaining the success. Fortunately enough JS is a damn wizard.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You only save $5 million by cutting Miller. That's not "must re-structure" territory. If you drop him, then you have to waste quality draft capital on getting a comparable replacement. That's a pick you could use on an OG or WR. Not saying it won't happen, but this isn't an open-and-shut decision.

Measuring his contribution by catches is just dumb. We play in a different style of offense. 49er fans will tell you that Bruce Miller/Delanie Walker were incredibly valuable to their team without recording a bunch of catches.