Sherm says us almost messed up bobby negotiations

QWERTY

Reaction score
Yes JS F****ed up.

He gave Bobby a contract for what reason? With him are we winning the SB and playoffs?

He could had signed Ryan Neal for 1 more year and keep his talents further, because he's still in his prime. (27) unlike Wagz who's 32.

I'm not sure if keeping adams this season and cutting him next season will save the Seahawks some money.

keasley45

Reaction score
Without the filter of an agent, all words became personal.
This. There's a number that makes sense for a team to acquire a player, and there's a number the player wants / thinks he's worth. Has zero to do with respect.

Just because i cant afford to pay top dollar for a Porsche, doesnt mean i cant buy a used one if the price fits. Not having 6 figures for a car doenst mean i dont respect the brand. Just means i have a cap. Its up to the party's involved to decide whether the purchase price is acceptable.

John NOT trying to secure the team's best financial interest would be disgraceful. He got the deal done and by the sound of it, for a price that works for Bobby (he signed), and the team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into this. Richard Sherman is going to be on any player's side, and when you're talking about a personal friend and ex-teammate he's basically just doing PR work. If you asked him what the correct amount to offer Wagner is, his answer would be "whatever it takes" and/or something significantly higher than Wagner actually received.

Very few players look at spending in terms of a cap limit because they are trying to maximize earnings and they know teams can always borrow from the future. Would any of you decline a salary bump at your job if you thought the company may need the money several years down the road?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Negotiations are complex, so it's easy to see why even good coaches might be on the cusp of messing them up.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into this. Richard Sherman is going to be on any player's side, and when you're talking about a personal friend and ex-teammate he's basically just doing PR work. If you asked him what the correct amount to offer Wagner is, his answer would be "whatever it takes" and/or something significantly higher than Wagner actually received.

Very few players look at spending in terms of a cap limit because they are trying to maximize earnings and they know teams can always borrow from the future. Would any of you decline a salary bump at your job if you thought the company may need the money several years down the road?

He wasn't (isnt) on Russ' side :)

toffee

Reaction score
This. There's a number that makes sense for a team to acquire a player, and there's a number the player wants / thinks he's worth. Has zero to do with respect.

Just because i cant afford to pay top dollar for a Porsche, doesnt mean i cant buy a used one if the price fits. Not having 6 figures for a car doenst mean i dont respect the brand. Just means i have a cap. Its up to the party's involved to decide whether the purchase price is acceptable.

John NOT trying to secure the team's best financial interest would be disgraceful. He got the deal done and by the sound of it, for a price that works for Bobby (he signed), and the team.
On Porsches, used boxster 986 or 996 911s are wonderful value.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who cares?

Sherman is now in the get clicks biz.

Regardless of whatever went down, Wags is back here wearing 54 and reportedly happy to be home. Contract negotiation are a brutally tough enterprise and when you are your own agent you have to have very thick skin or it becomes personal when it’s really just a hard part of a big money business.

I think all that is important to know is Wags is back. 🤑👌😉

Milehighhawk

Reaction score

Declining a salary bump and negotiating an increased salary are a universe apart, apples and oranges. I can say during 2020 all 120 employees at my current company agreed to take a 15% decrease in Salary in order to keep anyone from being laid off during that crazy time. The company didn't need the money several years down the road (more immediately for cash flow) but was operating under a cap of sorts due to sharply decreased revenue. We understood that our future as a successful company was at stake if we had to lose the knowledge these valuable employees held. We rallied and restored salaries after only 4 months, but I would say that mentality is absent in most NFL players when thinking about the success of the franchise. It is nearly wholly individually driven. Not a judgment, but there are different ways people think about their employment than what you describe above.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sherman was maybe my favorite on field Seahawk ever and in many ways I think he is actually underrated for how good he was but I can't stand him off the field. I'll always respect Lynch for not letting Sherman bait him into trashing Russ. Lynch is a stand up dude.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, he's a child. I know it's taboo to not worship the almighty Richard Sherman, but his act got old a long time ago.
LOVED him as a player. The rest? Meh

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sherm is perhaps better suited (pun intended) as a talking head, it's like he was born for it. He's going to talk, now he gets paid for it, good for him. Kudos to Bobby, and kudos to John, all parties got it figured out.

cymatica

Reaction score
Sherm is perhaps better suited (pun intended) as a talking head, it's like he was born for it. He's going to talk, now he gets paid for it, good for him. Kudos to Bobby, and kudos to John, all parties got it figured out.
He should do a show with Skip Bayless