Shead is Up....

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the Browner and Thurmond suspensions might be a quite useful for future implications.

The two highly touted CBs were both expecting pay upgrades coming off their contracts and into their first big free agency.

If Maxwell and Lane can prove they're capable I can see the Seahawks say congratulations its your job to lose next year and saying bon voyage to Browner and Thurmond. And rolling with Sherman, Maxwell, Lane, Shead, and Simon.

However, if Maxwell and Lane can't prove themselves a promotion through performance, and the market collapses around Browner and/or Thurmond.... I could see them one to a cheap 1 year prove it type deal, preferably Thurmond, younger, more versatile and better than Browner. Then all the other CBs will have to compete for standing.

Kind of the same with Giacomini, McQuistan, and Jeanpierre (who might entice a starting offer somewhere) but those 3 players cost about $8 mil against the cap this season. Carpenter is on the right track to end the season healthy, and if came back in his best shape and gave us his most consistent performance entering what would be his contract year. Seahawks must like what they've got in Bailey and Bowie... remember both were drafted or signed UDFAs as 21 years olds. Seahawks must also like what they got in Caylinn Hauptmann (also signed as UDFA at 21 years old) because they are keeping him around and playing in a few spots in practice. Don't forget JR Sweezy (who think will be a Pro Bowler some day if he can become a more effecient Pass Blocker) plus Ryan Seymour, and Jared Smith (Injured) who are on stashed away on the PS. All of these guys can save the Seahawks money if they continue to develop under Cable.

All of this talk about not able to keep all of the best of the core, young talent but what this season has taught me we have young players stepping up everyday on the practice field and the game field make the veterans expendable in the future while the core, young talent will turn into the veterans with great experience under a philosophy of winning.

And the train will keep chugging along... we'll have to say our goodbyes... but can keep our eyes to the future instead of having to relish past.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the Browner and Thurmond suspensions might be a quite useful for future implications.

The two highly touted CBs were both expecting pay upgrades coming off their contracts and into their first big free agency.

If Maxwell and Lane can prove they're capable I can see the Seahawks say congratulations its your job to lose next year and saying bon voyage to Browner and Thurmond. And rolling with Sherman, Maxwell, Lane, Shead, and Simon.

However, if Maxwell and Lane can't prove themselves a promotion through performance, and the market collapses around Browner and/or Thurmond.... I could see them one to a cheap 1 year prove it type deal, preferably Thurmond, younger, more versatile and better than Browner. Then all the other CBs will have to compete for standing.

Kind of the same with Giacomini, McQuistan, and Jeanpierre (who might entice a starting offer somewhere) but those 3 players cost about $8 mil against the cap this season. Carpenter is on the right track to end the season healthy, and if came back in his best shape and gave us his most consistent performance entering what would be his contract year. Seahawks must like what they've got in Bailey and Bowie... remember both were drafted or signed UDFAs as 21 years olds. Seahawks must also like what they got in Caylinn Hauptmann (also signed as UDFA at 21 years old) because they are keeping him around and playing in a few spots in practice. Don't forget JR Sweezy (who think will be a Pro Bowler some day if he can become a more effecient Pass Blocker) plus Ryan Seymour, and Jared Smith (Injured) who are on stashed away on the PS. All of these guys can save the Seahawks money if they continue to develop under Cable.

All of this talk about not able to keep all of the best of the core, young talent but what this season has taught me we have young players stepping up everyday on the practice field and the game field make the veterans expendable in the future while the core, young talent will turn into the veterans with great experience under a philosophy of winning.

And the train will keep chugging along... we'll have to say our goodbyes... but can keep our eyes to the future instead of having to relish past.