Shaggy - Your Opinion...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Compared to to other sites you manage, Shaggy, what is your take about this seahawks.NET insane asylum? Does it have the same flavor and approach to the sport you see on your other sites? More complaining, more actual football knowledge conversation? Less or more passion for the team? Individual players?

I'm not begging for compliments or hoping for criticisms against certain posters, just your 30,000' observation from owning several sites like this.

The consensus opinion about your ownership here is really positive. Thanks again for updating everything, especially the color difference between read and unread forums; that's fantastic!

If this is posted in the wrong forum, mods please move with my apologies.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, good question. I will try to compare them and hope what I post below makes sense. Heads up though, I am not really a good "article" type writer and posting things that make sense isn't my strong point. :p

.NET compared to the other sports forums I own below.

1. SportsHoopla.com - SH is pretty big. Its my biggest(most active) sports forum. Alot of activity each day which makes it hard to feel out every member and every post/thread. There are alot of great members on SH that have great info and news for each team they follow. There is also alot of BS from members to, especially when it comes to politics(its like that everywhere when politics are involved). Overall, SH is a great site for sports and a very active one as well. .NET vs SH, there isn't alot of differences when it comes to information and die hard fans(and some BSing) so I'm chalking it up to both being about the same as each other, but SH having alot more activity.

2. PackerForum.com - PF is shockingly not as active as I thought/hoped. I know there are a ton of Packer fans out there, but I'm not sure if alot of them are forum fans, but more of FB group junkies. PK is the biggest Green Bay Packer forum out there but its not as active as .NET and ASFN(ArizonaSportsFans.com). I took PF over in Jan 2019 and its been great. I have also been adding in NBA and MLB forums to help keep activity up on the NFL off months, similar to what I am trying to do here. The members on PF are really into their team and share alot of news and updates as well. So PK is similar to NET but just not as much activity.

3. ArizonaSportsFans.com - This site is great when it comes to year around activity. ASFN is the biggest forum for Cards, Dbacks, Suns, Coyotes, and each major AZ college team news. Its the site I want to mimic for every other sports team forum I own(more non NFL sport talk). I enjoy the amount of activity each team section receives for AZ teams and want .NET to get to the same place when it comes to non NFL chatter. The main difference between here and ASFN is that the site doesn't allow any "Smack Talk" type content on the whole site. Yeah, there maybe some that pop up here and there(which gets removed) but it was created as a very family friendly site. The activity between here and ASFN is about the same(when the NFL is happening).

4. CarolinaPanthersForum.com - So this site used to be called ThisBoardRocks.com. It was started by a guy in North Carolina. He started the site as a sports forum for all Carolina sports but it blew up as a huge high school softball forum and Panthers forum. When I took over(like 12 years ago), the softball side was dying down and the Panther side was picking up(just a little). So I decided a few years in, to split the forum to CarolinaPanthersForum.com and PrepsForum.com. PrepsForum.com never took off, but CPF still gets some activity. Its not a very activity forum, but it does have at least 15 hard core members that continue to post. I am still trying to get it more activity but there is a much bigger and active Panthers forum out there had its hard to compete with. Still, I really like the site and members(well sometimes :p) and the differences between here and CPF is really just the amount activity they get, with NET killing it over CPF.

I hope this answers your question....

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Thank you, Shaggy, for the time and the reply. You've answered my question fairly completely. I don't visit other fan sites, and was just really curious if my experience here was fairly common, or if it was unique to the crazy Hawk fans.