Seattle Mariners @ Texas Rangers Apr 23-25...

sutz

Reaction score
Division play. Hate to call anything in April "must win" but it is definitely a chance to make a statement.

Probables:

Tue: Gilbert (1-0, 2.33 ERA) vs Dunning (2-1, 3.91)

Wed: Miller (3-1, 1.85 ERA) vs Jon Gray (0-1, 3.15 ERA)

Thu: Castill (1-4, 4.40 ERA) vs Heaney (0-2, 6.35)

Last edited:

86Hawk

Reaction score
Bats are finally heating up. And starting pitching has been spectacular. I want at least 2 wins.

Crizilla

Reaction score
2 out of 3 guaranteed Ms have turned the corner they will never play like that again.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
First one is always the hardest. Nice to see Julio swinging his big boy bat, finally. Let's hope he keeps it up.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Nice win to start the series. Shut them out. Pitching was good, maybe not great with the walks, but didn't allow them to drive them in at least. Would have like another run or so insurance late, but made it work.

First place in the division by half a game. 12-11.

Chapow

Reaction score
The pitching has been so unbelievably good over the past 10-12 games. Opponents haven't had much of a chance if the M's can score 3 to 4 runs (or more).

Sure would be nice to see something from the new guys though. Haniger got off to a good start, but has cooled off lately. Polanco has basically been Kolten Wong, but has started to be better about taking walks. Garver is just completely worthless, this year's AJ Pollack, which is incredibly disappointing from a guy brought in to strictly be a DH. Urias and Raley are looking like replacement level players, which I was pretty much expecting from Urias, but was hoping for better from Raley.

Oh well I guess. If the pitching continues to be anywhere near this good most of the time, they'll still have a good shot at the playoffs.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Nice start of the series. I hope to see the Ms take at least 2 of 3 from them.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Honestly this was what I was afraid of happening this year. A top 3 pitching staff that has to carry the 20th best offence to the playoffs, which they very possibly could do. The problem is facing one of the perennial big boys with 2x+ the payroll. THAT'S when we will really feel the pain of having a mediocre lineup

Crizilla

Reaction score
A top 3 pitching staff that has to carry the 20th best offence to the playoffs, which they very possibly could do.
Are you a new mariners fan? This has already happened many times..I mean this is what they're known for. People have been saying literally what you just said since Bush was still prez.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn, that's one hell of a way to start a huge series on the road. Holding THAT offense scoreless? Very impressive. And 4-0 doesn't tell the story, M's could have easily up a few more. I'm really liking how this team is playing. And I'm pretty shocked too, in a good way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Honestly this was what I was afraid of happening this year. A top 3 pitching staff that has to carry the 20th best offence to the playoffs, which they very possibly could do. The problem is facing one of the perennial big boys with 2x+ the payroll. THAT'S when we will really feel the pain of having a mediocre lineup
The mediocre lineup that just beat the champs 4-0? This team is better than many of us gave them credit for. It's not hard to just eat some crow and enjoy some winning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was VERY down on them after that ridiculous start. Love being wrong, makes the season a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Love, Captain Obvious

Ruminator

Reaction score
J-Rod pretending to kiss the trident like a long-lost friend after his dinger last night was pretty hilarious. Hope to see another dinger or two from him this series. Yeah, singles and doubles are a team's bread and butter on offense, but we like homers too.

Crizilla

Reaction score
5 guys in the starting line up batting under .200 a few of them have just .400 OPS. So far Garver and Polanco literally Pollack and Wong nightmare all over again.

Latest posts