Seahawks that actually had a good game

AgentDib

Reaction score
smerfy01":2ork1eai said:
Schilling had a false start penalty. Other than that, yeah he had a pretty good game. Surprisingly good.
Additionally, Schilling failed to snap the ball when one of their guys jumped across the neutral zone. I think it's fair to attribute the ensuing false start penalty to him as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You have to add Sp teams player Morgan to this small list..

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah Irvin had a great game for the 2nd week in a row. It's unfortunate that he couldn't bring down Romo on the 3rd and 20. If he had, we would all be raving about him on here today. He would have had 2 sacks, 2 monster weeks in a row, and would have won the game for us.

But even apart from that play (which he did provide a lot of pressure), he was around the ball a ton and doing a good job of getting into the backfield.

I think the Irvin at LB experiment is over. He seems to have vastly improved at DE, and I hope to see more of him there.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sherman wasn't great. Sherman played well for an average CB. Sherman wasn't great.

kidhawk

Reaction score
smerfy01":33fyzu9l said:
davidonmi":33fyzu9l said:
Sherman was great today. All the Sherman is overrated stuff is pure garbage

seriously. who would've thought that we'd ever see him shadow a #1 receiver the whole game, all over the field?

the talk is going to be on our offensive woes, bad play calling and inability to get off the field on 3rd down, but damn if sherman didn't just shut everyone up about his ability to shadow a top 10 receiver all day.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I can't remember the exact circumstance, but there was another game where we had Browner out and Sherman had asked to cover the number 1 guy that week and did a really good job at it. He's obviously not called to do it often, but when it's such an obvious mismatch due to injury, then he does it and he does it very well.

With that said, Burley, although having played solid at Nickel, is obviously mismatched at outside corner. I can't wait to start getting guys back in the coming weeks.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
IndyHawk":wqzo4pgj said:
You have to add Sp teams player Morgan to this small list..

This! Morgan seemed to be in the right places at the right times yesterday. Ryan and Hauschka also were money yesterday. Would almost go so far as to say that Hauschka is the only vet that got paid in the off season who is playing like it.

razgriz737

Reaction score
kidhawk":255isz7q said:
smerfy01":255isz7q said:
davidonmi":255isz7q said:
Sherman was great today. All the Sherman is overrated stuff is pure garbage

seriously. who would've thought that we'd ever see him shadow a #1 receiver the whole game, all over the field?

the talk is going to be on our offensive woes, bad play calling and inability to get off the field on 3rd down, but damn if sherman didn't just shut everyone up about his ability to shadow a top 10 receiver all day.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I can't remember the exact circumstance, but there was another game where we had Browner out and Sherman had asked to cover the number 1 guy that week and did a really good job at it. He's obviously not called to do it often, but when it's such an obvious mismatch due to injury, then he does it and he does it very well.

With that said, Burley, although having played solid at Nickel, is obviously mismatched at outside corner. I can't wait to start getting guys back in the coming weeks.
Yeah, Sherman pretty much covered Boldin all game and completely shut him down against SF in 2013.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 16xml.html

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kam and BWagz playing injured did good. The difference in run defense with and with Wagner is very noticeable.

When Marshawn was given the ball, he played very good. More Marshawn please.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ivotuk":1stuqj8f said:
Kam and BWagz playing injured did good. The difference in run defense with and with Wagner is very noticeable.

What? Wait...Wagz is hurt? When did that happen? I was watching the game at a very loud Pizza joint and couldn't hear the commentating. I don't recall seeing Wagz go down.
I remember Maxwell getting hurt but he was getting ABUSED before the injury anyways. Who replaced him?
It was so hard to watch the game with all of the people around and I had family in town. I didn't want to be rude and solely concentrate on the game while having conversations with people.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3casja5y said:
ivotuk":3casja5y said:

What? Wait...Wagz is hurt? When did that happen? I was watching the game at a very loud Pizza joint and couldn't hear the commentating. I don't recall seeing Wagz go down.
I remember Maxwell getting hurt but he was getting ABUSED before the injury anyways. Who replaced him?
It was so hard to watch the game with all of the people around and I had family in town. I didn't want to be rude and solely concentrate on the game while having conversations with people.

Andrea, he jammed his toe, Coyle came in for a while but BW returned to play. Maxwell was getting abused and dropped an easy pick 6......arrrgggghhh.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3erliwwp said:
ivotuk":3erliwwp said:

Wagz went out in the first half with a jammed toe. He came back to play all of the second half, but was playing through pain. No word on his status for this week.

Maxwell went out with what they thought was an ankle injury (according to Field Gulls, it's a calf strain). Sherman then started following Dez exclusively with Burley taking the other side. Terrell--just activated from the PS--took the nickel spot.

Sherm got his shoulder banged up near the end of the game. No word on severity.

Kam is fighting a sore hip (opposite side of the one he had surgery on) and bone spurs in his ankle.

Alvin Bailey is recovering from an oblique injury, though I think he was active yesterday.

Percy had a thigh bruise he was playing through.

Okung has a torn shoulder labrum he's been fighting through since the Denver game.

Miller is still out with the ankle injury.

Unger is dealing with a foot injury. No word yet on his status for this weekend.

Tharold Simon is still recovering from the knee injury.

Jeremy Lane is still on IR designated to return.

I think that's everyone. Needless to say, the team is banged up right now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sc85sis":wim79am2 said:
Seahwkgal":wim79am2 said:
ivotuk":wim79am2 said:

Wagz went out in the first half with a jammed toe. He came back to play all of the second half, but was playing through pain. No word on his status for this week.

Maxwell went out with what they thought was an ankle injury (according to Field Gulls, it's a calf strain). Sherman then started following Dez exclusively with Burley taking the other side. Terrell--just activated from the PS--took the nickel spot.

Sherm got his shoulder banged up near the end of the game. No word on severity.

Kam is fighting a sore hip (opposite side of the one he had surgery on) and bone spurs in his ankle.

Alvin Bailey is recovering from an oblique injury, though I think he was active yesterday.

Percy had a thigh bruise he was playing through.

Okung has a torn shoulder labrum he's been fighting through since the Denver game.

Miller is still out with the ankle injury.

Unger is dealing with a foot injury. No word yet on his status for this weekend.

Tharold Simon is still recovering from the knee injury.

Jeremy Lane is still on IR designated to return.

I think that's everyone. Needless to say, the team is banged up right now.

This would be a great time for a bye week. Gee, thanks, NFL for our very helpful WEEK 4 bye. Seriously don't get why they even bother with bye weeks that early.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
smerfy01":2a4iygma said:
I know there's a lot of negativity going around, and deservedly so, but I wanted to point out a few players that had a really solid/great showing in this game.

1. This guy gets my game ball. Richard Sherman. Maxwell goes down and he proceeds to change up his game and shadow Dez Bryant all over the field. He gave up what, 37 yards? Outside of 2 penalties, one of which was a very bad call, he had one HELL of a game. I almost forgot about that fantastic tackle he had on Demarco Murray. Man that was good to see.

2. Bruce Irvin. He seemed to be the only player able to get pressure on Romo. Yeah, he wasn't able to get the sack on 3rd and 20, but he got a sack earlier and was really our only player on the line that I think won the line battle.

There was a lot of suck on the field today, but there were some great plays by a few players. Who gets your game ball this week?

I thought Irvin did his job - solid B. Unfortunately, no pressure from anyone else gave Romo minutes in the pocket coupled with our much vaunted run D not being able to stop the run in the 4th quarter. We had done a great job up until then at limiting Murray.

The 3rd and 20 really sucked the life out of the D, unfortunately. I think we have so many rookies and unknowns playing now that get mentally beaten down by plays like that...not surprisingly. Plus, without having Marshawn on the field much - providing the *psychological* spark for this team, you get a very average D performance, which looked, to my eyes, more of a struggle...

Still trying to understand why DB doesn't get that the #1 "igniter" of the team is Marshawn and his attitude. That goes for offense and defense. Russell is great, but I don't think of him in the same way...Marshawn is the fuse..

Jville

Reaction score
I thought Marcus Burley had a good game ...... again. I realize he gave up a long reception on a red line route. But, other than than he look pretty good under the circumstances. I think he has a spot at nailing down that small nickle role going forward. As he continues to grow, he is looking more difficult to dislodge.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think anything is wrong with Sherman. But, he was beat three times in half a game against Dez. Figure five or six in a full game. That would be the most times a receiver has beaten Sherman since Brandon Marshall abused Sherman in 2012.

I don't think Sherman played poorly. He forced a few incompletions and saved a TD the one time he was beaten the worst. But on the whole, Dez made him look fairly ordinary. The Sherman of 2013 would have only been beat on the kind of throws that are impossible to defend, but that wasn't the case here. I think the 2013 rules environment really took Sherman's game to a G.O.A.T. type level, and this year in the new environment he's a good corner but not a great one.

Still really glad that Sherman drew the assignment. I shudder to think what Dez would have done to 5'9" Burley. Sherman wasn't bad by any means, but he didn't really defend Dez any better than Maxwell did before he got hurt.

As far as the bright spots, I thought Lynch looked great as usual.

I thought the OL played reasonably well other than the procedural mistakes. Wilson had a lot of time to throw from within the pocket in this game, or at least he had more such chances than we're used to. And the run blocking was getting nice push, even if the rush yards weren't always easy.

Our run defense, despite giving up 160 yards, was fairly dominant outside of the game losing drive and two drives in the second quarter. They kept forcing Romo into 3rd and forever, though unfortunately our defense seems to be more vulnerable on 3rd and long than 3rd and short.

Bruce Irvin is worth being excited about right now.

And though it's not a bright spot on the field, I think a bright spot going forward is that this is the kind of loss that teams improve from the most.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Finally, some more common sense in this thread instead of pure fandom.