Seahawks sign Tyrel Dodson

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
People hating on signing a 25 year old that can perform on the cheap.. classic.
Yep, they will hate on literally anything around here. Every signing that we pay more than a moldy half eaten sandwich is a terrible move that should get John fired.

Good signing here. He's coming to a great place to continue to grow and improve as well.

Steve Hawk

Reaction score
This reminds me of Schneiders early years, when he was taking guys from the CFL and turning over every stone to find guys to fit the scheme. I like it!

WarHawks

Reaction score
Wait, what? This sounds too good to be true. Let's hope Dodson continues his upward trajectory. Great signing!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am pleased with this signing, Dotson is a good player, maybe not all PFF makes him out to be.

He is young, 25?26, can play LB at a high level, if PFF means anything, and seems to me to be a good solid add. Like every FA we need to wait and see How he plays.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unless you are a first rounder most guys spend a year playing special teams or situational back up. This board some times, maybe eat more Seafood, the Brain works better with it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Several SEC schools coveted Dodson, the 2015 Tennessee Class 5A Mr. Football (111 tackles, 32 for loss, 16 TD on offense). The Aggies landed him and played him in all 13 games his true freshman season (27 tackles, 1.5 for loss). Dodson led the team with 105 tackles as a sophomore, also filling the stat sheet as a 13-game starter with 11.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, three interceptions and six pass breakups. His production decreased during his junior campaign, as he recorded 70 tackles, seven for loss, one interception and three pass breakups in 13 starts for the Wrecking Crew.

toffee

Reaction score
He was the highest PFF graded lineback. Ryan Neal was the highest graded safety.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I swear. The Hawks could trade Geno, a cup of Beecher’s Mac and cheese, and a conditional 2nd for Patrick Mahomes, and this place would still complain about the trade.
Nah..Mahomes no way worth more than Beechers Mac and Cheese..maybe 3 1st rounders but the Mac and Cheese..not even close 😄

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's not as good as his PFF numbers suggest, but he's also not as bad as people thought he was 2 years ago.

Good signing. That's exactly what we need. Some solid linebacker play to get us through, and with Mac behind him, he may improve even further. Still only 25.

I included Dodson on my offseason roadmap thread even before the Pete firing. Good value.

sutz

Reaction score
He's not as good as his PFF numbers suggest, but he's also not as bad as people thought he was 2 years ago.

Good signing. That's exactly what we need. Some solid linebacker play to get us through, and with Mac behind him, he may improve even further. Still only 25.

I included Dodson on my offseason roadmap thread even before the Pete firing. Good value.
Yeah, especially if we can get some beef up front to protect him. 🤷‍♂️