Seahawks sign Tyrel Dodson

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
His passing grade numbers (at least the PFF assessment) are somewhat inflated because he was typically pulled on obvious passing situations. Obviously, that isn't a great sign if Buffalo felt like he was somewhat a liability in the passing game but the fact that he still graded out well in coverage for the snaps he was in is a good sign.

And he's 25. So, he's a guy with issues but has shown growth and now will come into a team with a defensive minded head coach who will hopefully put him into a situation to continue that growth.

Looks like a pretty good signing.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
**** YES!!!! I was secretly hoping this would happen and I'M SO GLAD!!!

bileever

Reaction score
But per those grades how many of those seasons was he a starter? How many games? How many snaps in comparison to his “only one good season?”
He was a backup who played sparingly until this year, when the Bills had injuries to Edmunds and Milano. This year, he started 10 games, so not an insignificant number of plays.

Despite his high PFF ranking this year, I don't think anyone is saying that Dodson is a superstar. He was an undrafted free agent who was a backup LB until this year. The only thing that gives me some confidence in this move is that Leslie Frazier was the DC in Buffalo and knows this guy very well.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
He was a backup who played sparingly until this year, when the Bills had injuries to Edmunds and Milano. This year, he started 10 games, so not an insignificant number of plays.

Despite his high PFF ranking this year, I don't think anyone is saying that Dodson is a superstar. He was an undrafted free agent who was a backup LB until this year. The only thing that gives me some confidence in this move is that Leslie Frazier was the DC in Buffalo and knows this guy very well.
Very good point wrt Frazier knowing him

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Dodson was projected to start last season but lost the job to Terrell Benard. Injuries got him in the starting line up and he did well. Wonder what the numbers are.

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't like new ropes, we would rather be hung with one thats greasy and been sitting in the water for 5 years. Why it seems we are never happy and complain ya know.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Dodson, 25, went undrafted out of Texas A&M in 2019 and signed with Buffalo, where he has spent the past five seasons, beginning his career on the practice squad.
Over the course of the last four seasons, Dodson has appeared in 59 games, starting 15, with 10 of those starts coming last season. He finished the 2023 season with 74 tackles, 2.5 sacks, eight tackles for loss, six quarterback hits, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
Though he was not an every-down player throughout the season, Dodson was Pro Football Focus' highest graded linebacker last season with a 90.2 grade, including high marks against the run and pass, and he was named to that site's "All-Breakout Team" for the 2023 season.

xray

Reaction score
Guessing game: (Macdonald to JS) "If you want to stick me with mediocre QBs and want me to go along with that you gotta at least give me Dodson."
^
Good signing I suppose ; but it won't compensate for a pedestrian QB room . I feel many of us are disappointed that JS is showing no interest in drafting a QB again this season .

Latest posts