Seahawks sign LB Devin Bush according to Condotta

GGotskill

Reaction score
I haven’t heard this one yet. Any source for it or is it still just rumour?

Just rumor this point (based on some of his Twitter activity), but this signing does seem to signal Bobby isn't coming back.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Hopefully this is a case where Jamal Adams can prove his worth as a leader. Seems like part of Bush's issues seem to be energy/motivation. For a guy who seemed to have all the talent and physical gifts needed when he entered the league, he just hasn't lived up to expectations.

Jamal should try to take this guy under his wing and just constantly be trying to get him hyped up and energized and encourage him to make big hits and big plays. Adams hasn't done much on the field for the Seahawks so far, but he's a fiery guy, so maybe that's what Bush needs next to him.

bileever

Reaction score
This is bargain basement shopping, a low-risk, high-reward situation. Bush had an ACL injury in October 2020, probably came back too soon and it really takes two years to get over the injury. He's a fast, hard-hitting playmaking linebacker. I think he still has the record for the fastest 40 by a linebacker.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Meh. The only thing I like about this is that he was a Wolverine 🤷‍♀️

Mizak

Reaction score
So Bush is slightly better than Barton? And we got a cheap version of Barton?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
so we're not gonna bring back wagz, are we?

View attachment 58287
That's kind of my take too. Spending money that might have brought Bobby back. OR maybe Bobby let them know he has other plans. Who knows? In any case I would like to believe this is a depth move and they have plans for higher level of play from someone up a loose third sleeve.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
So Bush is slightly better than Barton? And we got a cheap version of Barton?

I'm not sure that I would say Bush is better than Barton. Very different players.

We also haven't seen the terms of the contract yet. I'm not yet sure if this is for the league minimum, or $5M with $3m guaranteed. I expect to learn those details in the coming hours.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Let's be clear, he has a much higher ceiling than Barton. Will he play better, yet to be seen. But he is more athletic, and has shown the ability to be a high motor, INSTINCTUAL inside linebacker. The question is if he can get all the way back, mentally, from that injury. I would think this was bargain shopping, what we can afford right now, with a guy who has experience in this system.

-- And similar as said above, the Stealer fans think they earned XL, so again, what the hell do they know.

Mase

nanomoz

Reaction score
They like reclamation projects. We will see I guess.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If this signing is equal or less than Barton got, it's simply a necessary move and perhaps a good one in the long run. At least Bush has shown signs of being good. He had a great rookie season that showed why the Steelers traded up to get him. Then he got hurt and hasn't been able to get back on track, but the Steelers have also been a team in transition.

Cody Barton has just been not very good. As long as we didn't overpay I'd rather see what Bush can do over Barton.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That's kind of my take too. Spending money that might have brought Bobby back. OR maybe Bobby let them know he has other plans. Who knows? In any case I would like to believe this is a depth move and they have plans for higher level of play from someone up a loose third sleeve.
I think it's funny that SOME people seem to think that John should just do what? hold up on signing anyone until he brings Bobby back. LOL
We need WAAAAY more than just having Jamal Adams back to inspire others around him to play their best, and that's why they Hired Brandon 'Pass Rush Expert' Jordan to motivate, & upgrade the guys their signing up to be Seahawks.
All that some of these guys need is an attitude tuned up (light a fire under their a$$es so to speak)

keasley45

Reaction score
I think the main reason they took a shot on him is for what he can do in the passing game. If you look at his tape, even last year (and for certain his rookie year), the dude has outstanding covrage skills. It does look like he was gunshy last year and was slow to engage on running plays. He himself admitted that he's struggled to mentally get back from his knee injury.
Hopefully he gets his head right again because he has obvious ability. Even still, as it stands, i think he's an upgrade over Barton and Brooks in pass coverage. And for all thise clamoring for Bobby... I love him too, but the dude was a free completion in zone coverage if the ball came his way.

bileever

Reaction score
With Devin Bush, we now have 4 players drafted in the first two rounds in the 2019 draft: Bush (10), Noah Fant (20), Drew Lock (42), and DK Metcalf (64). Ended up being a good draft for us, although who we actually chose was LJ Collier (29), Marquise Blair (47) and Metcalf. Never too late to make things right.