Schedule is out

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":22p2a3xg said:
mrt144":22p2a3xg said:
Seymour":22p2a3xg said:
RCATES":22p2a3xg said:
Brutal schedule. I see us splitting with Arizona/Niners/Rams although we likely lose both to the Rams. They are superior at basically every position. I use to always pick us at home but this team is no longer dominant at home. Last year we were almost worse at home. Other losses I see is vs. Saints, @Steelers, @Falcons, @Carolina, @Philly. Hawks will also lose a game they shouldn't like they do every year. Likely @Browns or vs. Bucs (w:/BA who seems to have our number). So I say 7-9 / 8-8. Which will be the norm going forward with RW's contract.

Then give a fan that isn't on the edge of the cliff a shot at your seasons tickets.

Right?

Can we make a deal with Rcates? If they win 9 games this season, he leaves forever? If they don't win 9 games this season, we put him on ignore?

I tell you what I'll leave forever now. This site is full of delusional insufferable homers anyways. Logic is clearly not welcome here. We've become worse then delusional Niner fans. As far as my tickets you guys are welcome to contact me through PM if interested in individual game tickets. They are 2x mid-field club level seats. Usually starts around $350-500 each depending on the game (Primetime etc.) Enjoy the season fella's.

Excellent...and congrats!!!!

If you drop us all a Fbomb on the way out you could assure your fate.

Just a "friendly" suggestion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:irishdrinkers:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Injuries will likely determine everything anyways, but tentatively that's a tough schedule in my mind. NFC South and AFC North are a couple good divisions and provided Jimmy G stays healthy, SF is not going to be a pushover. Rams are still the Rams until they have to pay both Goff and Donald. Having to play Philly and Minny is not easy either.

I could see 8-8 as a possibility. I could see 11-5 as a possibility. Really depends on how the second and third year defenders step up like Flowers, Thompson, Ford, Green, Griffins, and Hill. If they can make a leap towards pro bowl level, then it'll be a good season. I think we can still count on Russ and the run game to maintain the O's level of competency. I'd just like to see the defense move towards a top 5 unit.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I like the schedule. Nice to have a Week 1 home opener for a change.
I'll be at the Week 8 game in Atlanta, hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

Go Hawks!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":u9d6aldj said:
I could see 8-8 as a possibility. I could see 11-5 as a possibility. Really depends on how the second and third year defenders step up like Flowers, Thompson, Ford, Green, Griffins, and Hill. If they can make a leap towards pro bowl level, then it'll be a good season. I think we can still count on Russ and the run game to maintain the O's level of competency. I'd just like to see the defense move towards a top 5 unit.

You just described the NFL.

50% of games are decided by 7 pts or less, so you could say what you wrote for half the teams in the league.

It's what makes the NFL so great, parity. Everything matters. We're no different.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j8ar00g said:
RCATES":2j8ar00g said:
Brutal schedule. I see us splitting with Arizona/Niners/Rams although we likely lose both to the Rams. They are superior at basically every position. I use to always pick us at home but this team is no longer dominant at home. Last year we were almost worse at home. Other losses I see is vs. Saints, @Steelers, @Falcons, @Carolina, @Philly. Hawks will also lose a game they shouldn't like they do every year. Likely @Browns or vs. Bucs (w:/BA who seems to have our number). So I say 7-9 / 8-8. Which will be the norm going forward with RW's contract.

How can you determine if a schedule is brutal when the games are 5-7 months away.

It's hard enough trying to gauge an opponent in the NFL week to week, let alone on paper 5-7 months away. We don't know who's good or bad yet.

Did everyone think the Colts were going to be good last year? Ravens? Eagles? Bears? Did we think the Packers and Jags would suck? Vikings be mediocre?

Relax with the sky is falling schedule worry worting. No one knows yet.
C'mon use your normally excellent brain Sarge, he commented on the schedule the way he did to set up yet another dig at Wilson.

Oh well, at least he spelled everything correctly this time so taking a step up there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3riujcwv said:
Sgt. Largent":3riujcwv said:
RCATES":3riujcwv said:

How can you determine if a schedule is brutal when the games are 5-7 months away.

It's hard enough trying to gauge an opponent in the NFL week to week, let alone on paper 5-7 months away. We don't know who's good or bad yet.

Did everyone think the Colts were going to be good last year? Ravens? Eagles? Bears? Did we think the Packers and Jags would suck? Vikings be mediocre?

C'mon use your normally excellent brain Sarge, he commented on the schedule the way he did to set up yet another dig at Wilson.

Oh well, at least he spelled everything correctly this time so taking a step up there.

Sorry, I'll amend my level headed and logical post.

Giphy

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9vpt0hd6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":9vpt0hd6 said:
Sgt. Largent":9vpt0hd6 said:
RCATES":9vpt0hd6 said:

Sorry, I'll amend my level headed and logical post.

Giphy

Team makes the playoffs after an offseason of dumping bad contracts to get younger and throwing new guys into the fire, likely win WC game with a slightly more aggressive approach, losing no one who is a part of the new future core so far this offseason, and expectations are to be a sub .500 team because Russ got bumped up in pay. And then he calls others delusional.

Giphy

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
This season's schedule has potentially difficult games away and at home. For this reason, I hope our defense steps up from last year, and our O carries on last year's success. If that happens, we've got a good shot.

But if the D regresses, we could see what many here have clamored for: a stronger, more potent passing offense trying to score quickly; but by season's end, perhaps less wins. I

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ol4scy6f said:
Mad Dog":ol4scy6f said:

You just described the NFL.

50% of games are decided by 7 pts or less, so you could say what you wrote for half the teams in the league.

It's what makes the NFL so great, parity. Everything matters. We're no different.

That's always my feeling about the NFL. 6-10 and 10-6 are the floors and ceilings for a lot of teams and the results come down to bad bounces, injuries and playing teams at the right time.

I think the Hawks with Wilson and Carroll have a slightly higher floor and ceiling than many other teams but its not a massive difference.

chris98251

Reaction score
RCATES":1u5gzsw4 said:
mrt144":1u5gzsw4 said:
Seymour":1u5gzsw4 said:
RCATES":1u5gzsw4 said:

Then give a fan that isn't on the edge of the cliff a shot at your seasons tickets.

Glum Liliputian  Never

Right?

Can we make a deal with Rcates? If they win 9 games this season, he leaves forever? If they don't win 9 games this season, we put him on ignore?

I tell you what I'll leave forever now. This site is full of delusional insufferable homers anyways. Logic is clearly not welcome here. We've become worse then delusional Niner fans. As far as my tickets you guys are welcome to contact me through PM if interested in individual game tickets. They are 2x mid-field club level seats. Usually starts around $350-500 each depending on the game (Primetime etc.) Enjoy the season fella's.

If you really mean it then call out and cuss out the Mod staff in the main forum, that way you won't be tempted to come back in a weak moment :p

BocciHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":2zt38x2w said:
mrt144":2zt38x2w said:
Seymour":2zt38x2w said:
RCATES":2zt38x2w said:

Glum Liliputian  Never

Right?

For reference, club seats are usually pretty devoid of atmosphere, compared to the rest of the stadium, and often filled with insufferable rich people.

Sure, you are out of the rain, and have access to hard alcohol in the lounge, and fancy food, and the seat is wider... but yeah, if you don't get to games often, and want the real experience, IMHO, you don't want to be in club seats.

Just MHO.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Schedule looks manageable. Kind of hard to tell this early.

Just bought my tickets for the home opener! Fourth year in a row coming out from Nebraska to represent the 12s.

Go Hawks!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I can't remember a team having four straight Prime Time games before (albeit broken up with a bye).

That's pretty cool for us, since we usually rock in those.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
The Rams game on 12/8 works out with my work schedule so I will get to fly to LA and go to the game like last season

bigskydoc

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1q4ic5xf said:
For reference, club seats are usually pretty devoid of atmosphere, compared to the rest of the stadium, and often filled with insufferable rich people.

Sure, you are out of the rain, and have access to hard alcohol in the lounge, and fancy food, and the seat is wider... but yeah, if you don't get to games often, and want the real experience, IMHO, you don't want to be in club seats.

Just MHO.

When I bring the kids, I like to get club seats. A little less rowdy. When I go by myself, I like the south end zone.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":24a5kp42 said:
I can't remember a team having four straight Prime Time games before (albeit broken up with a bye).

That's pretty cool for us, since we usually rock in those.

Two of those are SNF, so we'll see if either/both teams in those matchups are in contention enough for NBC to not switch to another game.

But we've got a great primetime record, so I like the four in a row.

Latest posts