Sal Pal calls Falcons Stone Cold Lockt

SeaHawks_Fan_N_ATL

Reaction score
Sal Palentonio stated that the Falcons were a "stone cold lock"
This weekend over the Hawks! Then he went on to say that the NFC is wide open except for the Hawks!
He said this on 790 the zone in Atlanta!

djb28

Reaction score
Been like this all year, except for last week. I like this better and I think the team ( all teams ) like to play on the disrespect card. Let it be what it be! I just wanna win a Super Bowl and if this kinda stuff helps. I am all for it!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
How dare someone pick someone to win against the Seahawks! We been dissed again! How biased that we arnt being picked to win against the #1 seed on the road.

No respect!

Throwdown

Reaction score
-shrug- they're the #1 seed, does that really bother us THAT much that they're favored?

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Hello all. Falcons fan here. Personally I don't pay any attention to anything Sal Pal says. Seahawks are getting plenty of love as evidenced by some of the lines opening up at -2 Atlanta. All home teams usually get -3, but they feel the Hawks are essentially 1 point better.

Going to be a hard fought game not decided by stats, but between the lines. I like Russell Wilson and absolutely think that Earl Thomas gets lost in all of the Sherman/Browner love by the media. I root for Thomas because he is from the same area I am from. Plus just a great story behind his reasoning of going pro. Good kid and a stud of a ball hawk.

Not looking to talk smack, just some thoughtful football discussion.

Is it Sunday yet?

Throwdown

Reaction score
FOGHORN":mampm3fy said:
Hello all. Falcons fan here. Personally I don't pay any attention to anything Sal Pal says. Seahawks are getting plenty of love as evidenced by some of the lines opening up at -2 Atlanta. All home teams usually get -3, but they feel the Hawks are essentially 1 point better.

Going to be a hard fought game not decided by stats, but between the lines. I like Russell Wilson and absolutely think that Earl Thomas gets lost in all of the Sherman/Browner love by the media. I root for Thomas because he is from the same area I am from. Plus just a great story behind his reasoning of going pro. Good kid and a stud of a ball hawk.

Is it Sunday yet?

Lord what a breath of fresh air from last week!

sutz

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2jq6fgn3 said:

Is it Sunday yet?
Nice post and welcome to dot net!

ET is the straw that stirs the drink on D for us. He allows a lot of things to happen up front because of his speed. We can play a lot of single zone back there while our CBs jam the WRs. He covers a lot of errors by others up front with his pursuit and coverage skills. He doesn't get a lot of stats, mainly because most coaches and QBs are smart enough not to challenge him. He will burn people. :)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
FOGHORN":204ut5yf said:

Is it Sunday yet?

Nice first post. What a relief from the DC fans.

To go along with what you said about Thomas, I think a lot of people forget that ET is a big time play maker and plays for the 'hawks. Haven't heard too many people giving him the props he deserves, but it's hard to standout when Sherman is having the kind of year he's having.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xnd7uze said:
FOGHORN":1xnd7uze said:

Is it Sunday yet?

Good post. I think it's going to be a good game either way. Either team could emerge with
this one, but my gut feeling just tells me the 'hawks will win. We match up very favorably with your team and are playing in favorable conditions. Here's to a good game with no injuries!

You should feel that way as a Seahawks fan. It shouldn't be just a gut feeling, but rather something that courses through your veins with every heartbeat. I have faith that the Falcons will be ready and come to play.

But faith, heart,guts, and stats aside the game is decided between the lines. I can't wait for Sunday. And if the Seahawks win I will be pulling for them the rest of the way because I loathe the 9ers and Packers.

Is it Sunday yet?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2823nby4 said:
How dare someone pick someone to win against the Seahawks! We been dissed again! How biased that we arnt being picked to win against the #1 seed on the road.

No respect!
:13:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2eo189tz said:

Is it Sunday yet?
Welcome to .NET!

Wow this is sure a nice change from those Redskin fans who trolled this site for a week

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Julio Jones is AWESOME! Roddy White is great and the Ageless Wonder that is Gonzales is still playing great ball. We'll have our hands full with ATL this Sunday, no doubt about it.

Last week I was really worried, because I thought we might lay an egg against an inferrior team. This week I'm perfectly calm, IF we win, it will be tremendous, If we lose it will be to a great football team and I can live with that.

I'm hoping for a great game that decided late in the 4th quarter-- Hopefully it's SEattle doing the deciding!

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3rz4h16a said:
FOGHORN":3rz4h16a said:

Is it Sunday yet?
Welcome to .NET!

Wow this is sure a nice change from those Redskin fans who trolled this site for a week

Well, I try to be civil. I try to stay at an even keel and let what happens, happen. I recognize as a football fan that the Seahawks are a young team on the rise and playing great ball. I also see the Falcons as playing great ball with a tough matchup this Sunday.

Just coming in here for football discussions and to get a "lay of the land" so to speak. So far it's a nice board with your usual suspects. (homers, pessimists, optimists, realists, and hopefuls). Basically just a group of fans.

And for the record, if the outcome isn't favorable on Sunday for the Falcons I will come back in here and post congratulations. I may be sore about losing, but I won't be a sore loser.

keepertd

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1v80wnap said:
Julio Jones is AWESOME! Roddy White is great and the Ageless Wonder that is Gonzales is still playing great ball. We'll have our hands full with ATL this Sunday, no doubt about it.

Last week I was really worried, because I thought we might lay an egg against an inferrior team. This week I'm perfectly calm, IF we win, it will be tremendous, If we lose it will be to a great football team and I can live with that.

I'm hoping for a great game that decided late in the 4th quarter-- Hopefully it's SEattle doing the deciding!

if seattle wins they have to beat the 49's (im picking them to win this week)...my gf is a fan of them...i cant have her team in the superbowl

hawker84

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":jkr7muq1 said:

No respect!

i here what you're saying and i agree for the most part.. but it's one thing to predict a victory to a team, it's quite another to say it's a lock, and the other team has no shot... after all, every team in the playoffs at this point, has had to have done some things pretty good to be here, right?

to totally disregard the fact the we won 11 games coming out of arguably the toughest division in football, not to mention one of the toughest schedules this year, surely we have at the very least a slight chance, NO?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you for your post Foghorn. This Falcons/Seahawks matchup should be a great playoff game for sure.

And whoever comes out of this I'm rooting for to beat the snot out of the 49ers or Packers cuz I hate both those teams

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Thanks Foghorn, classy posts.

If the Hawks lose on Sunday, I am rooting for the Falcons the rest of the way. I really like Tony Gonzalez and would love to see him get a ring. I also cannot stand the 49ers and Packers (this year) and it would be nice to see the Falcons go from the NFC if the Hawks can't.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
FOGHORN":3uvxk9dr said:
Hawkfan77":3uvxk9dr said:
FOGHORN":3uvxk9dr said:

Is it Sunday yet?
Welcome to .NET!

Well, I try to be civil. I try to stay at an even keel and let what happens, happen. I recognize as a football fan that the Seahawks are a young team on the rise and playing great ball. I also see the Falcons as playing great ball with a tough matchup this Sunday.

Just coming in here for football discussions and to get a "lay of the land" so to speak. So far it's a nice board with your usual suspects. (homers, pessimists, optimists, realists, and hopefuls). Basically just a group of fans.

And for the record, if the outcome isn't favorable on Sunday for the Falcons I will come back in here and post congratulations. I may be sore about losing, but I won't be a sore loser.

I think you'll find that a lot of people on this board would congratulate the Falcons in the same way. However, we're not going to have to. :p

DohBoy

Reaction score
Considering SalPal only seems to be in Philadelphia or New York, what the hell does he know about Atlanta? Mothership has designated him the Eagles/Jets fanboy, so I'm surprised he even knows there are teams in Atlanta & Seattle.

Seriously? SalPal? He should stick to what he knows best: Giving us updates on TO, McNabb, Vick, Tebow, Sanchez, Foot Licker and Andy's Reid's tumultuous personal life. You know, the TMZ-quality stuff he's been know for over the last decade...

DohBoy

Shock2k

Reaction score
Throwdown":24494ojx said:
FOGHORN":24494ojx said:

Is it Sunday yet?

Lord what a breath of fresh air from last week!

Seriously Falcons fans are night and day from the Redskins last week.