Rob Staton's 2023 QB Pick Will Levis

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cool, cool. Apologies. The confusion was caused by me.

But, yeah, I do agree with Staton probably too much. There just aren't a lot of sports journalists that are watching Seattle closely, and thinking critically.

I'll $hit your pants if the 'Hawks reach on a QB at 9 this year.
No worries at all. One of those deals, ya know? It happens. I'm quicker to get snarky these days. Ugly effect of living in a world of hyper-polarization and heightened stress.

I'm often dismayed with sports media these days. I've come to understand that it's a profession and nothing more for most of them. They don't have quite that same passion that we do - or, to rephrase, they have the passion, just pointed in a different direction that us types who post on message boards.

Michael-Shawn Dugar is a gem. Not afraid to call Pete on his shit and a bit of a pot-stirrer, but can always count on the scoop from him with a well-written accompaniment in The Athletic. Other than him, I feel like most of them are simply milquetoast reporters without any special wealth of insight on the team.

And then, you have the polarizing types, like Rob - who I admit I have read religiously in the past. I think he (and disaffected previous fans, like I) got caught up in the ugliness of the situation in Seattle. There truly were a lot of parallels to a toxic relationship. We, as fans (or individuals with both platform AND editorial freedom) tended to fall into factions. Kind of like a lot of things these days (looking in the general direction of any even tangentially political item).

I think everything is going to calm down a bit now. There's less to polarize over. Sure, there'll be some sour grapes for a long time, but.. overall, less to divide. We all just wanna get back on track now.

Hell, maybe the draft forum won't be a ghost-town now that there's something there to look forward to. A future. New vision.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Rob Stanton, use to to enjoy his draft breakdown. He should of stuck to it. Not that it was accurate or anything but at least it was upbeat. Last few years he has decided he's a expert on all things Seahawk related and he's not that, not even close. He's got a loyal following that Trump would envy. Geez so many posts saying " Good golly thank you so much much for the totally awesome content" is barf worthy and he doesn't care for opinions that are 180 from his. He threaten to quit his site over the blow back his stance on RW and Pete LOL. He's become so negative last few years, he's already lamenting the Seahawks draft in advance of it happening. Guy needs a reality check.

chris98251

Reaction score
He didn't have any level of skin then newborn when he was here, his arm is permanently deformed from all the back patting he did to himself.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
levis is going back for the 2022 season. no draft for this kid, this year

RunDownhill

Reaction score
It's too early to tell who the top-3 QBs will be for 2023. I remember the Tank-For-Tua chant for the bad teams a couple of years ago. Tua didn't improve his draft stock his final year. I think we will win too many games this year to get one of the top-3 QBs in the 2023 draft.

GemCity

Reaction score
Staton's a blowhard, but I agree with him here.

He's my favorite quarterback in the 2023 class and I've been watching him every day since the Russ trade.

I hope his path in the NFL starts in Seattle. He's the best prospect in that class and should leapfrog the others for #1 overall.
I think this is our guy as well. I don’t think us being able to get Shroud or Young. Maybe we wouldn’t want these guys anyways?
Barring injury or some off the field incident, I could see him as a Hawk.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
Just watched the video in the OP.

If Levis doesn't learn to not stare holes in his primary receiver the way he does in every single play in that clip NFL safety's are going to eat his lunch.