Rob Staton video on Penix draft stock

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Who is Rob Staton? Always see his name brought up in forums.
He runs the Seahawks draft blog website. Used to post here a lot. Most people love him or hate him. He posts a ton fo draft content, which is what I like about him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob does some good work for Seahawks fans and this video was spot on.

NoGain

Reaction score
My perspective on Penix and his draft stock is that he's had four injuries that have sidelined him in his college career, some major knee injuries. That worries teams, especially when you consider the type of talent that's going to be coming after him in the NFL. Penix is also not a Mahomes, or Allen, or Hurts, or Jackson type QB who are either elusive or formidable from the standpoint of being brought down. There's something about Penix that does look breakable, though I can't quite put my finger on it as to exactly why, other than he just isn't the kind of pure athlete these guys are.

But as for making the throws...Penix can make ANY kind of throw. Deep balls, throwing lazers into tight windows, screen type passes, quick outs, etc... There's absolutely nothing I've seen of him as a passer that at all concerns me.

That's where I stand with Penix, and no draft expert am I. As a thrower, as good as anyone in the draft. As an athlete and someone more likely to get injured...that's where I think the concern is, along with the fact that he's a little older than most QB's coming out of the draft. He's just not as multi-faceted of an athlete as most of today's top NFL QB's are.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I just want you all to know, if Penix sucks tonight, he still won’t be available by the time we pick.

😖

SarG3Hawk

Reaction score
I just want you all to know, if Penix sucks tonight, he still won’t be available by the time we pick.

😖
I hope someone makes that mistake before we do.

He needs a perfect Offense with really really good protection.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I hope someone makes that mistake before we do.

He needs a perfect Offense with really really good protection.
I think Penix will eventually be an NFL franchise QB, IF he doesn't wind up with PTESD (Post-Traumatic-Excessive-Sacks-Disorder) like David Carr. If he falls to the 2nd round, maybe worth a move-up and take-a-flyer. Gotta love a college player who bets on himself and then makes the bet pay off. Jalen Hurts comes to mind leaving Alabama for Oklahoma, and of course Russell Wilson, with his move to Wisconsin.

On the wrong team, he also could follow an unfortunate Husky trailblazer and turn out to be the next Crystal Chandelier. The Seahawks would probably be one of the the wrong teams.

His finals rival, JJ McCarthy, he probably won't be the next Tom Brady, but then, who ever is? I thought it was funny all the fu-fu stuff the TV coverage made a point of blabbing about. Sure, let him drink herbal tea and meditate while nasty DTs and Edges are cracking his walnuts in the NFL. Maybe a 5th round flyer on the next Kirk Cousins?

Last edited: