RIP NFL Legend Jim Brown

chris98251

Reaction score
Just want to add a person of Browns stature would also be just as big a target for Golddiggers as well, look at today's celebrity's and athletes, they are targeted all the time, then when the person tries to move on you see these charges. Top that off Brown was controversial as well as fighting for Racial causes in a time they were doing a lot of bad stuff. Headlines to get him out of circulation just like many things said about Jessie Jackson in those days.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Just want to add a person of Browns stature would also be just as big a target for Golddiggers as well, look at today's celebrity's and athletes, they are targeted all the time, then when the person tries to move on you see these charges. Top that off Brown was controversial as well as fighting for Racial causes in a time they were doing a lot of bad stuff. Headlines to get him out of circulation just like many things said about Jessie Jackson in those days.
That's true, but Brown had a number of accusers, so it makes it more difficult to use the golddigger motive as an explanation for all of them. It's similar in that regard to the DeShaun Watson case. You can rationalize one or two accusations as the result of a greedy female, but not 8-10 of them.

Women of that era were even more reluctant to file charges alleging a sexually related crime than they are today. They'd call the police then refuse to follow through and press charges. And take it from a person who lived through those days. There weren't nearly as many golddiggers back then as there are in today's society.

When you put Brown's known history in the context of the environment of the mid to late 20th century, he was likely guilty of more crimes than what was alleged. It's like seeing a cockroach in your house. You see one and you can assume that there are a bunch more than you can't see.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Like the old saying goes: sometimes woman-beaters die.
I had my comment anonymously deleted
I wish I could like your comment twice.
It's funny how some 70 year old sport figure dies and people are gushing about what a humanitarian they were etc

IMHO.

He had good things about him but just like the rest of us, he had his issues.
He was far from a giant of a human being. IMHO

He would be an average back in today's NFL with a 3-5 year career. IMHO

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
RIP legend. I remember the first time I heard about Jim Brown. My P.E. teacher in high school about a 100 years ago told me that he was an amazing Lacrosse player who also could run the football "decently" he said with a funny smirk. At that point, I had no idea who he was Then found out how amazing of an athlete he was.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
RIP legend. I remember the first time I heard about Jim Brown. My P.E. teacher in high school about a 100 years ago told me that he was an amazing Lacrosse player who also could run the football "decently" he said with a funny smirk. At that point, I had no idea who he was Then found out how amazing of an athlete he was.
It’s been said as good of a football play Jim Brown was he was a better lacrosse player