Richard Sherman surprises Tukwila high school students

Killa Kam

Reaction score
“People see kids without a lot of opportunities, without a lot of resources and they say they don’t have a chance,” said Sherman.

A group of about 120 of the most at-need students were hand selected by school staff to take part in a special opportunity presented by Sherman.

Each student was asked to sign a contract, agreeing to stay in school, improve their grades and be a good citizen.

In exchange, students each received a free backpack full of school supplies. If they fulfill their end of the bargain, the Richard Sherman Family Foundation will provide them with more supplies and brand new school clothes.
http://www.king5.com/news/Richard-Sherm ... 99071.html

:th2thumbs: Good stuff Sherm

sutz

Reaction score
Great stuff! Just another reason he's a keeper.

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Where does he get the money to set this stuff up? Isn't he getting paid very little among nfl players?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Awesome stuff. Struggling HS students really need practical encouragement and support. The number of obstacles against some of them is staggering.

The Radish

Reaction score
Saw this on our news at 10 last night.

He was great and not afraid to let those kids touch and talk to him.

:th2thumbs:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He also showed up to a local football game last night. Foster High School, just realized that's where I usually play flag football

Tical21

Reaction score
Who was the player that paid the college tuitions a few years ago? Was it Braylon? Cost him like a million. Richard better be careful what he promises, although I think he is going to be a rich, rich man fairly shortly.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tical21":2adz4o2e said:
Who was the player that paid the college tuitions a few years ago? Was it Braylon? Cost him like a million. Richard better be careful what he promises, although I think he is going to be a rich, rich man fairly shortly.

Yeah it was Braylon

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Stuff like this, just makes my day.
My upbringin' was full of hard times, and my dad did exactly the same kind of work that RS's father does, so it just warms my heart to see and hear someone with a no give me background, reaching out to encourage these youngsters to keep driving on, and not give up, nor give in to poverty.
I've had a lot of drive, but I've also had some lucky breaks to keep from going the way of a few of my friends and relatives, but I sure wish that there were Richard Shermans around back then, to encourage the not so well to do kids to hang in there.