Report: Abraham, Seahawks close

Seahawker86

Reaction score
we are really putting alot of chips in for this year b/c we aren't going to have alot of cap room next year unless guys are going to restructure. we really need to win a Superbowl this year

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1eqnyspn said:
we are really putting alot of chips in for this year b/c we aren't going to have alot of cap room next year unless guys are going to restructure. we really need to win a Superbowl this year

You are incorrect.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1nc4jbee said:
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this

The Radish

Reaction score
Me also. So many people are making decisions not based on facts and also not thinking of how much the cap goes up next year.

I have a hard time understanding why people start crossing bridges we can't even see yet and may never see.

:141847_bnono:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Guys will be coming off the cap next year that people forget about. I suspect that this is Sidney Rice's last year. Zach Miller is six million off the cap after this year even if he stays. Red Bryant may be re-structured. Matt Flynn will be gone.

We are fine with cap space.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
jack_patera":1a9kf4em said:
what about nnamdi? (however u spell his dam name)

He's a better cover corner than zone corner and decent in press coverage, which I think fits for us, but I just don't think he'll be had for a bargain-basement level. I also don't see a real need. This team needs to spend another 6-8M on the D-Line in FA and then fill other spots through the draft, in my humble opinion.

jack_patera

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":x5lenxsf said:
jack_patera":x5lenxsf said:
what about nnamdi? (however u spell his dam name)

He's a better cover corner than zone corner and decent in press coverage, which I think fits for us, but I just don't think he'll be had for a bargain-basement level. I also don't see a real need. This team needs to spend another 6-8M on the D-Line in FA and then fill other spots through the draft, in my humble opinion.

i buy that assessment....ok...reggie bush???

ivotuk

Reaction score
No thanks to Osi. On NFLN he said he is going to be the defensive player of the year. He's lost his mind. If he can't do it as a part of the Giants defense, he's not going to do it anywhere else at his advanced age.

two dog

Reaction score
Could really go for Abraham, hope this happens soon as possible.

Lukewarm on Freeny. No,hell no, on Osi. His comments seem to
indicate that he expects a starters position without competition.
How else could he be defensive player of the year?

kearly

Reaction score
With Bryant gone to Cleveland, Jason Jones and Abraham need to be top priorities. So I really hope this is true.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":21dz95q5 said:
With Bryant gone to Cleveland, Jason Jones and Abraham need to be top priorities. So I really hope this is true.

I wonder. There are a lot of names on this list:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagen ... osition=32

(Someone let me know if that doesn't show the DTs)

So if our front office has done their homework, they might be able to identify a couple cheaper pieces to fulfill the same role. It depends on how good Quinn and our new DL coach are.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1lybog0j said:
kearly":1lybog0j said:

I wonder. There are a lot of names on this list:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagen ... osition=32

(Someone let me know if that doesn't show the DTs)

So if our front office has done their homework, they might be able to identify a couple cheaper pieces to fulfill the same role. It depends on how good Quinn and our new DL coach are.

Amobe Okoyi was a guy i REALLY liked coming out of college. 10th overall pick by the Texans in 2007. I'm pretty surprised he never made it there.

Been on 4 different teams and hasnt made it so probably won't happen, but I wouldnt mind at least kickin the tires and inviting him to camp.

McGruff

Reaction score
Branch is the best 2 down DT left on the market. Jones is the best pass rushing DT left. Time to sign our own guys there and look towards the draft.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":vc5ogshx said:

I think the FO does need to put their chips in quite a bit, but don't agree with why.

My reasoning...when you have a star QB on the books for less than 1 million, you should be doing everything you can to win during that time period. When the Hawks have to sign RW to a big long-term contract in two years (can't actually negotiate a new contract with a rookie until after their 3rd year) then they won't be able to keep as many top players around. It is just simple math.

I think JS and PC acknowledge this and was a big reason for the Harvin trade. You can also tell SF has the same mentality with having Kaepernick on the cheap.

Can the Hawks still have a great team with RW under a big contract...of course, but it will mean finding gems in the draft again, which isn't as easy as JS and PC are making it to be. Finding an all-pro DB in the 5th, a pro bowler CB in the CFL, etc. isn't something to count on happening as a normal occurrence.

w00t

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2emzpmqs said:
I'm nervous about Jones, who I wanted because I figured that someone would pay too much for Bryant. He is from Detroit and lives there in the offseason. He might take a similar contract, or even a little less, to play at home.

Jones is as good as gone then. I only thought the Lions stood a chance to sign him was because of his former coach Jim Schwartz, didn't know he's from there and lives there also.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Radish":1ha4kn9k said:
Me also. So many people are making decisions not based on facts and also not thinking of how much the cap goes up next year.

I have a hard time understanding why people start crossing bridges we can't even see yet and may never see.

:141847_bnono:
Yeah it's like Sonny Bono and that tree. Best not to go down that road yet.