REMARKABLE Seahawks consistency

12thManNorth

Reaction score
I'm a self-proclaimed stat dork and picked up on this mid last season, with the trend continuing ever since.

Including last years playoffs as well for all teams, our Seahawks have not lost a single game by more 1 score (7 pts) in a whopping 28 consecutive games (since a Nov 6, 2011 loss to Dallas). If you include preseason, this stretches out to 36 consecutive games, truly an incredible stretch.

I wanted to see how this compared with the other top teams out there :

San Fran : 0 games, due to the mollywhopping on SNF of course
Denver : 14 (reg season + playoff games). But only 2 games if you include preseason
Houston : 2 (reg season + playoff games)
Baltimore : 1 (reg season + playoff games)
Green Bay : 2 (reg season + playoff games)
Atlanta : 7 (reg season + playoff games). But only 3 games if you include the preseason
New Orleans : 5 (reg season + playoff games). But 9 games if you include the preseason
New England : 2 (reg season + playoff games). But 3 games if you include the preseason

We are showing a consistency unlike anybody else out there, in every single game for a couple years in a row almost. This to me shows the incredible depth we have on this squad

sc85sis

Reaction score
That seems like another mark of a PC team as well. USC not only had that 34-game win streak, they had 63 straight 20-point games, a 21-game winning streak at home, a 17-game winning streak in the PAC-20 and some others. They only lost 1 game in November. I think there was some sort of deal about losing by no more than 7 or 11 points too. Crazy good.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I came across that a couple days ago. That Dallas game was that last time Seattle lost by more than 8 points in a game.

Seahawks are now a remarkable 19-9 since that game. 14-6 under Wilson.

Our total point differential in those 9 losses is a whopping 37 points.

Seahawks have been an uber competive a team since the 2nd half of 2011.

It was one of the reasons when analyzing the 2012 season that I felt the Seahawks were going to be a much better team than San Fran moving forward. With Seattle being one the youngest rosters the last three years and aren't as experienced as SFO. Those 9 losses since 2nd half of 2011 for 37 points is still considerably less than the 5 losses San Fran had last year which total 69 points.

Here's to hoping the Seahawks go 6-0 to start this year. It would mean in a exact two year frame (30 regular season games + 2 playoff games) Seahawks would go 23 and 9 in that span. Which averages between being a 11-5, 12-4 team.

12-4 is my prediction this year for the Seahawks.

Latest posts