Refs Ruin The Game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watching the MNF game and the refs are so damn flag happy it's ridiculous. It makes the game hard to watch. I wish the NFL would tell the refs to chill out instead of having them enforce more and more rules or accentuate certain calls, etc. I've been saying it for years. I think refs should be punished for egregious calls that alter the outcome of games. If an OBVIOUS bad call (see Saints/Rams playoffs a couple years ago) occurs that alters the trajectory of a team's likely chances to win, they should be fined. But I digress.

Tonight is a good example of an officiating crew that is all too happy to throw the yellow flag. Yes, throw the flag when it is an obvious infraction but these ticky-tack calls just makes the game so difficult to enjoy.

W

Welshers

Watching the MNF game and the refs are so damn flag happy it's ridiculous. It makes the game hard to watch. I wish the NFL would tell the refs to chill out instead of having them enforce more and more rules or accentuate certain calls, etc. I've been saying it for years. I think refs should be punished for egregious calls that alter the outcome of games. If an OBVIOUS bad call (see Saints/Rams playoffs a couple years ago) occurs that alters the trajectory of a team's likely chances to win, they should be fined. But I digress.

Tonight is a good example of an officiating crew that is all too happy to throw the yellow flag. Yes, throw the flag when it is an obvious infraction but these ticky-tack calls just makes the game so difficult to enjoy.
Yep they have way too much power. The ticky tac stuff means they can change the game at their whim. As has been said many times holding happens on every play. Refs can subjectively chose to call it on some instances and not others, blowing up drives. Alongside injuries it's really hurting the game. After every play waiting to see if there is a penalty flag is getting really old. I still love football but it has made it really, really hard to watch.

Mizak

Reaction score
Giants were on a drive late in the 2nd quarter and the freaking refs call offensive PI on WR who wasn’t even looking at the DB. Refs favoring Cowboys strike again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That offensive PI call was truly the catalyst of why I posted this thread. Give me a break. Those are the kinds of calls that can change the course of the game, and I feel it did.

Not unlike that ticky tack BS holding call we had late in the game last Sunday when we were down to the 9 yard line. The replay clearly showed it was a BS ticky tack call. Come on refs!

BASF

Reaction score
Sorry to say it but Welshers was right. As soon as Wilson was traded the refs were going to be against us. The NFL has been steering games for years, and they have realized they can be more and more blatant about it cuz of the money the people can make dilutes the old school fans.

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I've seen more "Ineligible player downfield" calls these past 3 weeks than I have seen in the past 10 years prior to this. What is that all about?

JPatera76

Reaction score
I've said it a long time. The nfl steers and manipulates games for "the good of the league" I mean gambling and Las Vegas
Betting . They're tied at the hip.
not to mention the increase in partnerships with various sportsbetting apps and what not. Was bound to happen i guess. Really the NFL needs to remove penalties that are or can be subjective and reword and stick to ones thats clear cut and not for the official to "interpret" for what HE thinks it is.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If only they were enforcing it on Max Starks in XL*
No doubt about it. Seattle was the superior team by far that year. The officials had to get blatant to
alter the outcome. Take away 2 seattle TDs and give Pittsburgh 1 TD. 21 point swing . Phantom Offense
PI , phantom holds, hell , even a phantom block below the waist on Hasselbeck trying to takle the dude
who picked him off.

morgulon1

Reaction score
not to mention the increase in partnerships with various sportsbetting apps and what not. Was bound to happen i guess. Really the NFL needs to remove penalties that are or can be subjective and reword and stick to ones thats clear cut and not for the official to "interpret" for what HE thinks it is.
I agree , yet arent all penalties subjective to a point? How many defensive holding penalties get called
yet one was called on Seattle last Sunday. It could probably be called every game yet here we are.
Against Denver , Seattle's DEs were held a bunch but never called.