Reasons why Russell Wilson is factually ELITE...

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
drdiags":257dpbue said:
Hmm, I guess I remember just the older Johnny U when his bow-legged gait wasn't used for scrambling. I did catch him in the early 60's when he was winding down his career but never knew he was thought of highly for his scrambling.

He was smart, and a heck of a competitor but fleet of foot isn't something I think of when I look back at Unitas. He, Bart Starr and a few turn of the decade guys in the 60's weren't what I would call scramblers like Tarkenton and Marlin Briscoe.

Unitas & Starr were amazing scramblers :) go watch old film on them. And look up their run stats for back in the day. Multiple 100 & 200 yard years :)

Tark was just a phenom. ;)

Scramblers have the most Superbowl rings. Anytime a QB can get 100 yards while moving the chains & keeping defenses off balance equates to wins. They had great rush averages too or rush TDs too !

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
When you say he is not an elite Qb and he is more of a threat with his legs than his arm, you forget that most of the SB winning QBs ran too. Unitas,staubach,bradshaw,montana,etc...What it means to be an elite QB is ...To be an elite QB you have to win 1st. Wilson has more wins than any other player in HISTORY in their first three years. Every team wins in different ways but the Seahawks are a run first offense and Russell Wilson is a HUGE part of the running game and when he retires if he stays healthy he will easily smash the all time rushing record for qbs. To be elite in the modern league you have to win and stay healthy(he has never missed a game), make good decisions ( career qb rating; reg. season 95, post sea 90. 72 tds - 26ints. 11tds rushing) and do what your team asks of you. Defense's hate game planning for Russell Wilson, He may be more of a threat with his legs but that doesn't mean he isn't elite. He makes plays! & is freakin CLUTCH ! like 55 straight games with taking the lead clutch ! The Seahawks have lead the league in big plays or rushes over 10 yrds and passes over 25 yrds for two years in a row! He is perfect for the style of the Seahawks. He is still young and improving. I mean he has been in the league three years and has made the playoffs every year and won a SuperBowl! That is Elite!

Your argument on his success Im sure is, he plays with a great defense and a great run game but again that doesn't mean he isn't elite. Fact is before Russell the Seahawks had been a 7-9 team for several years in fact the year before they drafted him they had Earl, Sherman, Cam and Lynch and they were not very good, but after Russell they won their first Superbowl ,more wins in that time than any other team, gone to back to back Superbowl's and currently are the favorites (5-1) to win it next year.

Go hawks!

Brett

Reaction score
El Caliente":2dxro4ev said:
Ano, I don't hate your wr's, but could you get the man a few better options than what he is currently throwing to? No offense to Baldwin or Lockett, or your te, but please, get the man a couple of wr's that are legit threats. Watching him throw to that crew is like watching my Saints in the mid 90's with Quadry Ismael and Andre Hastings as our 1-2 punch.

The crew he is throwing to is further proof as to how good Russ is.

Thanks for the better option !

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Brees first three years in the NFL 5613 yards, 29 touchdowns/31 interceptions

Wilson 10,000 yards 72 TDs/ 26 ints. Avg 8 yard per pass.

Now add 1800 yards rush & 11 TDs. Freaking ridiculous production without a #1 Wr or TE . wow !

6 yards per rush

106 1st downs. Rushing

First in 1st down % rushing. Crazy !

20 runs over 20 yards!

3 runs over 40+ yards! Jeesh.

All thisnwith the NFL's most penetrated O-line too ! Russ should have been sacked so many times,but he is magic. So yes is the most Elite QB in his 1st three years in NFL history records ! Our QB is off the charts !

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Even more fun facts...

Russ drove the ball down field for what would have been hi 56th straight game with a game leading score 1 yard away from beating the elite Vet Brady,& actually would have won if ...hawks just ran it then called time out,ran it call TO,pass it on 4th like your supposed to.

Wilson also had a better statistical game than Brady in the Superbowl. While Brady just dink & dunked most the game.

DangeRuss threw for the most yards in the playoffs as a rookie!

Also only player to run for 100yards & throw over 300 yards in a single game !

And he does all this against the NFL best defenses, unlike other QBs who have easy schedules. Remember this any time some try to feed you lies like Hawks QB is not elite.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It sure is amazing, isn't it, hawksurething? And he's doing all of this without a placekicker that demands double coverage !

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3r5s2yav said:
It sure is amazing, isn't it, hawksurething? And he's doing all of this without a placekicker that demands double coverage !

If you want to add that to the list of hawk's amazing QB? You can . :)

Tical21

Reaction score
I have never once in my life seen an ELITE quarterback have all four receivers in the route open, have all day to throw, and be afraid to pull the trigger. Not once.

There are at least 20 QB's in the league right now that would have had a buttload of wins and a Super Bowl victory with our roster over the last three years.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Tical21":3fidrubl said:
I have never once in my life seen an ELITE quarterback have all four receivers in the route open, have all day to throw, and be afraid to pull the trigger. Not once.

There are at least 20 QB's in the league right now that would have had a buttload of wins and a Super Bowl victory with our roster over the last three years.

Leave hawks QB alone.

Your Wrong, since Peyton would throw his normal 5-6 ints choke and lose like always. Hawks 7-9 before Wilson so your wrong again. You want Flynn back or hasslebeck ?

Plenty of QBs had the #1 defense & elite RBs ...yet they have zero rings !!! Only dilfer won like that. He did not put up the stats that Wilson did in the SB. Fact !

As a matter of fact if Wilson would have just not thrown that ball trusting in lockett ,& threw it away like he normally does we win that game.

Unfotunatly it was a non-audible timing play call. Argh !!!!

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
hawksurething":d9mf9aqo said:
BirdsCommaAngry":d9mf9aqo said:

I do want to add that to the list of hawk's amazing QB! You're giving me permission?

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":jhayk7fi said:
hawksurething":jhayk7fi said:
BirdsCommaAngry":jhayk7fi said:

I do want to add that to the list of hawk's amazing QB! You're giving me permission?

Say what you will,I'm pointing out our QB's accomplishments so they can speak for themselves once his carrer is over we all can look back on this thread :)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
But if you keep posting at the rate you do, you'll bump this thread off the face of this earth.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2bhmd1ae said:
But if you keep posting at the rate you do, you'll bump this thread off the face of this earth.

I must respond to replies. You can stop posting though.

Tical21

Reaction score
hawksurething":3kvzm226 said:
Tical21":3kvzm226 said:

Leave hawks QB alone.

Your Wrong, since Peyton would throw his normal 5-6 ints choke and lose like always. Hawks 7-9 before Wilson so your wrong again. You want Flynn back or hasslebeck ?

Plenty of QBs had the #1 defense & elite RBs ...yet they have zero rings !!! Only dilfer won like that. He did not put up the stats that Wilson did in the SB. Fact !

As a matter of fact if Wilson would have just not thrown that ball trusting in lockett ,& threw it away like he normally does we win that game.

Unfotunatly it was a non-audible timing play call. Argh !!!!
Hawks were 7-9 before Russell. How many pro-bowlers and all-pro players did they have those years? Don't worry, I'll wait. Are you really comparing the Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, Wright, Mebane, Lynch's of 2010 to their current talent level? Come on bro, you're smarter than that.

Haven't the best defenses in NFL history all won Super Bowls? Having the best defense of an era assures you of winning a Super Bowl, regardless of who your QB is. Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. all won Super Bowls because of their defenses, and their QB's all are thought of as being much better than they actually were.

Russell got greedy on the Super Bowl pass and tried to lead Lockett into the end zone. He knew it would be bang-bang, but was hoping Lockette would catch the ball a few inches into the end zone. As a QB, you put that pass on the guy, you don't lead him up field. #3 panicked a little bit. Argh !!!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HST,with your last 3-4 posts I have to agree with you and that suprises me.I was touched that you hold Unitas and Tarkington in the elite status.I agree RW is elite and like you we agree he makes mistakes but his record does speak for itself for 3 years.The only thing your wrong on is the Vikings,they never won a SB but they went to 3 if I remember.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3lew3kmb said:
Haven't the best defenses in NFL history all won Super Bowls? Having the best defense of an era assures you of winning a Super Bowl, regardless of who your QB is. Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. all won Super Bowls because of their defenses, and their QB's all are thought of as being much better than they actually were.
So the ONLY reason that ALL those Quarterbacks that have made the HOF, only got there by riding in on the backs of their Defenses!?!?
And, are you're also contending, that all those historians are a bunch of dumbasses?
"Haven't the best defenses in history >ALL< won Super Bowls?".............NO, not by themselves they did NOT.

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":ixdjlrb0 said:
Tical21":ixdjlrb0 said:
So the ONLY reason that ALL those Quarterbacks that have made the HOF, only got there by riding in on the backs of their Defenses!?!?
And, are you're also contending, that all those historians are a bunch of dumbasses?
"Haven't the best defenses in history >ALL< won Super Bowls?".............NO, not by themselves they did NOT.

I am confused when did Minnesota win a SB, oh wait they did not. However I think the point is Tical21 says you do not need an Elite Qb to win a SB. Lets look at that we can go back say 15-16 sb winners, So that would be 2000-2015

So the Qbs that won during that time are with the ones I consider elite(remember some of them won multiple SBs )

Brady Elite
WIlson Elite
Flacco Elite
E. Manning Arguable
Rodgers Elite
Brees Elite
Roth Elite
P. Manning Elite
B. Johnson
Dilfer
Warner Elite

So out of 16 SB winners only 2-3 times have a team won with a non Elite QB. Hmm

Now as to the 20 Qbs could have done what Rw did, well that is your opinion, one not shared by anyone who watches the games, and one not shared by the FO so who cares. your wrong.

Add to that what you keep ignoring is the fact that the offense helps the defense as well. Prior to Wilson we ranked 28th in time of possession, meaning our defense was on the filed a long time. Since Wilson we rank 9th. In addition prior to Wilson we ranked 23rd in scoring, since Wilson 9th. So the affect an Elite QB can have on a team includes the affect it can have on the defense. This goes to show why only 2-3 teams have won a SB in the last 15-16 years without one. And shows you to be wrong and there are not 20 QBs who could have done what Wilson has done.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksurething":poxj715t said:
When you say he is not an elite Qb and he is more of a threat with his legs than his arm, you forget that most of the SB winning QBs ran too. Unitas,staubach,bradshaw,montana,etc...What it means to be an elite QB is ...To be an elite QB you have to win 1st. Wilson has more wins than any other player in HISTORY in their first three years. Every team wins in different ways but the Seahawks are a run first offense and Russell Wilson is a HUGE part of the running game and when he retires if he stays healthy he will easily smash the all time rushing record for qbs. To be elite in the modern league you have to win and stay healthy(he has never missed a game), make good decisions ( career qb rating; reg. season 95, post sea 90. 72 tds - 26ints. 11tds rushing) and do what your team asks of you. Defense's hate game planning for Russell Wilson, He may be more of a threat with his legs but that doesn't mean he isn't elite. He makes plays! & is freakin CLUTCH ! like 55 straight games with taking the lead clutch ! The Seahawks have lead the league in big plays or rushes over 10 yrds and passes over 25 yrds for two years in a row! He is perfect for the style of the Seahawks. He is still young and improving. I mean he has been in the league three years and has made the playoffs every year and won a SuperBowl! That is Elite!

Your argument on his success Im sure is, he plays with a great defense and a great run game but again that doesn't mean he isn't elite. Fact is before Russell the Seahawks had been a 7-9 team for several years in fact the year before they drafted him they had Earl, Sherman, Cam and Lynch and they were not very good, but after Russell they won their first Superbowl ,more wins in that time than any other team, gone to back to back Superbowl's and currently are the favorites (5-1) to win it next year.

Go hawks!

See I am confused about the great run game in 2011 prior to Wilson we ranked 21st in rushing. Then in 2012 we ranked 3rd. In 2013 we ranked 5th, in 2014 we ranked 1st. Hmm so what changed form 2011 to 2012-2014. HMM lets see we still had Lynch, oh yea the QB and his nearly 500-900 yards rushing changed. Is it any wonder Lynchs best years as a rusher and receiving has been with Wilson? Enough said, the affect an Elite QB like Wilson can have on a team is huge and goes way beyond just passing. Most get this, the FO gets this. Some never will.