Ray McDonald arrested for domestic violence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jville

Reaction score
I do not believe this latest incident is the end of it.

This is one more extremely troubling incident in what has become an ugly pattern under Jim Harbaugh’s tenure. Since the beginning of 2012, when Harbaugh and Baalke had control of the team for almost a year, the 49ers lead the league in player arrests. That statistic comes from the San Diego Union-Tribune data base, which tracks NFL arrests.
Something is wrong within the 49ers culture right now. The team wants to be viewed as one of the league’s elite but leading the league in arrests is not, I assume, what it has in mind.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.sfgate.com/killion/2014/08/31/49ers-under-harbaugh-lead-league-in-arrests/[/urltargetblank]

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Jville":mno6vjg8 said:
This is one more extremely troubling incident in what has become an ugly pattern under Jim Harbaugh’s tenure. Since the beginning of 2012, when Harbaugh and Baalke had control of the team for almost a year, the 49ers lead the league in player arrests. That statistic comes from the San Diego Union-Tribune data base, which tracks NFL arrests.
Something is wrong within the 49ers culture right now. The team wants to be viewed as one of the league’s elite but leading the league in arrests is not, I assume, what it has in mind.

[urltargetblank]http://blog.sfgate.com/killion/2014/08/31/49ers-under-harbaugh-lead-league-in-arrests/[/urltargetblank]
Is that writer on the "approved writers" list?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3a7aexgs said:
Jville":3a7aexgs said:

Is that writer on the "approved writers" list?

Yes. :)

Pretty simple...anyone but Cohns or Kawakami.

Jville

Reaction score
That's good news for Ann I suppose.

Since the #49ers are having a brutal day, might as well include this "bad form" event in today's post .... there certainly is something amiss in the 49er organization.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/506149443364585472[/tweet]

Cartire

Reaction score
"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent reports regarding Ray McDonald and we take such matters seriously,” general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. “As we continue to gather the facts, we will reserve further comment.”

Classic Baalke. At this point, I think he has just been playing the same recording for the last 2 years.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Cartire":3g3357us said:
"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent reports regarding Ray McDonald and we take such matters seriously,” general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. “As we continue to gather the facts, we will reserve further comment.”

Classic Baalke. At this point, I think he has just been playing the same recording for the last 2 years.

Statement made within hours of the news. What exactly were you expecting?

If this all proves to be a serious as it sounds I hope they cut him or the team at least suspends him before the league even gets around to it, but some of you guys are trying a little bit too hard, IMO.

Jville

Reaction score
Speaking of Tim Kawakami ............
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/506138034136309760[/tweet]
............... with that, I can certainly see why Tim is not on "the approved list" ....... but his point does resonate with many fans.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qdvg66d said:
Cartire":3qdvg66d said:

If this all proves to be a serious as it sounds I hope they cut him or the team at least suspends him before the league even gets around to it, but some of you guys are trying a little bit too hard, IMO.

Well they haven't done that in the past... so even with another opportunity to make a statement now, there's no reason to believe that they will.

Cartire

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3hsbwh15 said:
Cartire":3hsbwh15 said:

I think the point was, that I didnt expect anything else. And no one else did. And thats the problem. Its sad that these types of press releases are so cliche now because of the constant need to use them.

Jville

Reaction score
The 49er's day has become hysterical ........ [tweet]https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/506155519183040512[/tweet]

LOL

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
If he actually beat her and she is physically damaged this guy may have a lot more than suspension to worry about. No Bail set yet? Is that still true?
I would like to think that he just grabbed her arms while she was hitting him or something, but this isn't going to go over well. Even Harbadouche won't stand for the DV type things. Especially given the recent events in Niner Nation.

Cartire

Reaction score
Jville":cmnppiaj said:
Speaking of Tim Kawakami ............
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/506138034136309760[/tweet]
............... with that, I can certainly see why Tim is not on "the approved list" ....... but his point does resonate with many fans.

Wow, So read through that guys twitter. Apparently the PD called him and told him that the police report is not, and will not be made public. And that they got his number from an officer who works with the 49ers. Must be good to have money. Corporations, keeping the law in their wallet before the Mafia made it cool.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/506148402472579072[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/506155433426309120[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/506157756928114688[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
#49ers finally make concessions to Alex Boone ..... [tweet]https://twitter.com/jasonphilcole/status/506120430487613441[/tweet]

Isn't 2016 when Harbaugh is free to leave?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Cartire":2goe0ydd said:
Popeyejones":2goe0ydd said:
Cartire":2goe0ydd said:

I think the point was, that I didnt expect anything else. And no one else did. And thats the problem. Its sad that these types of press releases are so cliche now because of the constant need to use them.

It has more to do with 24 hour news cycles and unrealistic expectations than anything else, IMO.

Should Schneider have instantly publicly condemned Lynch for "assault" this summer or waited until he found out what was going on?

Should Baalke have instantly publicly condemned Kaepernick for "rape" this summer or waited until he found out what was going on?

It's no different than 9ers fans having fun over Schneider having to cut-and-paste boilerplate PED statements. When they talk about how "sad it is" they're just concern trolling. It's the same deal.

And to be clear, none of this even remotely changes the fact that if this is as advertised I hope they cut him. Even if it hurts the team for all-time I hope they cut him.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Azenith Smith ‏@AzenithSmith · 19m
#BREAKING: @49ers player Ray McDonald released from Santa Clara County jail. Says "truth will come out" & it was a "crazy situation." #ktvu

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":xr4zj3jd said:
If he actually beat her and she is physically damaged this guy may have a lot more than suspension to worry about. No Bail set yet? Is that still true?
I would like to think that he just grabbed her arms while she was hitting him or something, but this isn't going to go over well. Even Harbadouche won't stand for the DV type things. Especially given the recent events in Niner Nation.

Not true.

Was 25k and he's out on bail.

lsheldon

Reaction score
FELONY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Roger gets to test his new policy first week after the announcement. AND ITS ON A 40-WHINER....

Hits just keep on coming.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2182 ... ald-arrest

Effective immediately, violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense, with consideration given to mitigating factors, as well as a longer suspension when circumstances warrant. Among the circumstances that would merit a more severe penalty would be a prior incident before joining the NFL, or violence involving a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman or in the presence of a child.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2zbhg925 said:
Lol this Tim cat is a straight TROLLLLL!!!

Hate that guy with a passion. Just doing what he does...IE once again making HIMSELF the story. Just like last week when he picked the Niners to win the SB...he did so because he knew nobody would expect it and he'd get more attention.

Hate the guy. He's everything that's wrong with journalism.

This is no defense of McDonald BTW. I need the facts there, but I won't count on ever getting any "facts" from Tim Kawakami. The guy is a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.