Rams vs Chiefs MNF

RedAlice

Reaction score
And just to be clear.

No where in this conversation have I dissed the Hawk team. They are good. Very.

I’m only pointing out what I see as stupid on the fans part.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":15gyqk1c said:
RedAlice":15gyqk1c said:
No. You said the one game v Cards was an anomaly.

I only showed the same three weeks.

My point remains. When Hawks are high scoring, it’s good.

When another team is high scoring, it’s bad.

Hypocrite fans.

As a Seahawks fan when we outscore the other team it's always good.

As a seahawk fan discussing things with other fans, you do lack ability to answer points without changing topics or having an answer.

I really and sincerely don’t get the anger at other teams scoring.

So it goes.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":10jyip29 said:
chris98251":10jyip29 said:
RedAlice":10jyip29 said:
No. You said the one game v Cards was an anomaly.

I only showed the same three weeks.

My point remains. When Hawks are high scoring, it’s good.

When another team is high scoring, it’s bad.

Hypocrite fans.

As a Seahawks fan when we outscore the other team it's always good.

As a seahawk fan discussing things with other fans, you do lack ability to answer points without changing topics or having an answer.

I really and sincerely don’t get the anger at other teams scoring.

So it goes.

It was answered, not accepting it is not my issue.

Anomaly's to character of a team happen.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I also agree Rams defense has sucked. Big.

Tho even v Chiefs the Rams had some huge defense plays. Beautiful ones.

The game was actually won on them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RedAlice":3l9ez345 said:
I’ll repeat the question.

The Seahawks have never had an offense that can blow people out each week?

Well, it should say teams. Not people.

This wasn’t answered.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":3mtg8k2b said:
RedAlice":3mtg8k2b said:
I’ll repeat the question.

The Seahawks have never had an offense that can blow people out each week?

Well, it should say teams. Not people.

This wasn’t answered.

Each week, 16 weeks in a season, each week is a run of games not a small sample size.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yes. But Hawk fans are whining other teams are scoring too much. Bunch of cry babies only cuz it’s not the Hawks doing it.

Fact. As factual as 16 games a season.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":2zpn0js6 said:
Yes. But Hawk fans are whining other teams are scoring too much. Bunch of cry babies only cuz it’s not the Hawks doing it.

Nah, some of us enjoy a great defense also, not much intrigue and suspense in games whether we are playing or anyone else when it week in and week out 50 points. Great for Fantasy players I imagine.

RedAlice

Reaction score
TDs scored so far this year.

Saints 48
Chiefs 47
Rams 41
Hawks 30

TDs allowed against them

Hawks 24
Saints 31
Rams 33
Chiefs 33

Rams have played both Saints and Chiefs tho, the other two high scoring teams.

It’s a FUN season.

I’ve always enjoyed the seasons tho. I don’t need to complain about other teams to be happy.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":24kxda8a said:
RedAlice":24kxda8a said:

Nah, some of us enjoy a great defense also, not much intrigue and suspense in games whether we are playing or anyone else when it week in and week out 50 points. Great for Fantasy players I imagine.

I love defense.

I just think it’s weak to say other teams suck because they are scoring high when you support it if your team scores high.

Pure BS.

And as I said, Rams beat Chiefs w defense. And ST.

RedAlice

Reaction score
And to repeat. I just can’t accept your point as when Hawks were scoring 40 -50 week in and week out, you all loved it.

So stop with the sanctimonious BS. Please.

Just own it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
RedAlice":2dy26x0m said:
And to repeat. I just can’t accept your point as when Hawks were scoring 40 -50 week in and week out, you all loved it.

Just own it.

I would love it, as long as the defense could hold the opponent to less than 20 points.

And when have the Seahawks routinely scored 40+? Please enlighten us. I'm not talking about one or two games, but actually putting up the offensive numbers you're talking about. C'mon let's hear it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":fs2bsf12 said:
RedAlice":fs2bsf12 said:

Just own it.

I would love it, as long as the defense could hold the opponent to less than 20 points.

And when have the Seahawks routinely scored 40+? Please enlighten us. I'm not talking about one or two games, but actually putting up the offensive numbers you're talking about. C'mon let's hear it.

She can't she has missed the whole point I was responding to her post in, we have NEVER EVER IN HISTORY averaged those kinds of points. We have historically been a defensive team, even with Erickson and Flores two guys that liked offence and would run scores up if possible did not have a team built that could do it. Holmgren was ball control and conservative as hell when he got a lead.

So I am still waiting for those years of a top 5 offense she is talking about. 40 plus points a game is top offense in the league.

I do remember Martz and the Greatest show on Turf and how they would rub teams noses in it and run up scores when they could for player stats.

I also remember when we knocked them out of their run and the crap Bruce and Faulk pulled on our field, the whining and tantrums of Rams fans.

So since they are winning we are seeing a resurrection of that old mentality it appears. I am so waiting for us to get into the playoffs now, I really want the Rams, chances are we knock them out and they are one and done with this run with the salaries they have going forward on all those All Pros they picked up.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
chris98251":2xh0b216 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2xh0b216 said:
RedAlice":2xh0b216 said:

Just own it.

She can't she has missed the whole point I was responding to her post in, we have NEVER EVER IN HISTORY averaged those kinds of points. We have historically been a defensive team, even with Erickson and Flores two guys that liked offence and would run scores up if possible did not have a team built that could do it. Holmgren was ball control and conservative as hell when he got a lead.

So I am still waiting for those years of a top 5 offense she is talking about. 40 plus points a game is top offense in the league.

I do remember Martz and the Greatest show on Turf and how they would rub teams noses in it and run up scores when they could for player stats.

I also remember when we knocked them out of their run and the crap Bruce and Faulk pulled on our field, the whining and tantrums of Rams fans.

So since they are winning we are seeing a resurrection of that old mentality it appears. I am so waiting for us to get into the playoffs now, I really want the Rams, chances are we knock them out and they are one and done with this run with the salaries they have going forward on all those All Pros they picked up.

This post is very disappointing. Some of us have been around here for years, including when the Rams sucked. Step back from your dislike for a second and go back and read some of my posts in this thread. The Rams and Chiefs game featured more defense than the Rams/Seahawks game. The difference was the number of possessions.

So saying you don't like that game because of how many points were scored doesn't make sense. The teams just had so many possessions - and both teams combined to score on only 50% of those offensive possessions, which is actually below their average.

I get hating the Rams because they're good - I felt much the same about the Seahawks. But that's also why I came here...to help with my blatant bias.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RedAlice":34pt9prw said:

The conversation is "do we like these sorts of games now, or do we want more defense."

Sure EVERY team would like their offense to score 40-50 pts a game...........but no team or fanbase wants to see their defense give up 40-50 pts a game, just as I assume you were yelling at your TV every time the Ram's D gave up another monster TD by the Chiefs.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Ramfan128":k85lyebu said:
chris98251":k85lyebu said:
Sox-n-Hawks":k85lyebu said:
RedAlice":k85lyebu said:

Just own it.

This post is very disappointing. Some of us have been around here for years, including when the Rams sucked. Step back from your dislike for a second and go back and read some of my posts in this thread. The Rams and Chiefs game featured more defense than the Rams/Seahawks game. The difference was the number of possessions.

So saying you don't like that game because of how many points were scored doesn't make sense. The teams just had so many possessions - and both teams combined to score on only 50% of those offensive possessions, which is actually below their average.

I get hating the Rams because they're good - I felt much the same about the Seahawks. But that's also why I came here...to help with my blatant bias.

Your blatant bias provides comic relief!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3w2nks59 said:
RedAlice":3w2nks59 said:

The conversation is "do we like these sorts of games now, or do we want more defense."

Sure EVERY team would like their offense to score 40-50 pts a game...........but no team or fanbase wants to see their defense give up 40-50 pts a game, just as I assume you were yelling at your TV every time the Ram's D gave up another monster TD by the Chiefs.

I was much more frustrated giving up 31 points to the Seahawks twice than I was giving up 51 to the Chiefs.

And actually - the offense basically gave up 14, so it was really only 37.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":bf8jsn92 said:
Sgt. Largent":bf8jsn92 said:
RedAlice":bf8jsn92 said:

I was much more frustrated giving up 31 points to the Seahawks twice than I was giving up 51 to the Chiefs.

Strange to hear. Have you resigned yourself to the Ram's D being paper lions?

I mean, how far the expectations have fallen for what was on paper suppose to be one of the great defenses of all time. Now you're just fine with giving up 37 to the Chiefs?

In the playoffs where everything is tighter and the games are closer, you better damn well be worried about your defense.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":263jlhwq said:
Ramfan128":263jlhwq said:
Sgt. Largent":263jlhwq said:
RedAlice":263jlhwq said:

I mean, how far the expectations have fallen for what was on paper suppose to be one of the great defenses of all time. Now you're just fine with giving up 37 to the Chiefs?

In the playoffs where everything is tighter and the games are closer, you better damn well be worried about your defense.

The Chiefs scored on half of their possessions. They normally score on more than half.

The Chiefs have one of the best offenses in NFL history - so no, I don't mind giving up 37 points to them. Considering the insanely large talent gap on offense between the Seahawks and the Chiefs, it's easy to see how giving up 31 to Seattle twice and giving up 37 to KC - IMO the defense played much, much worse against Seattle. We gave them their season high in scoring - twice.

While the defense has played worse than I thought they would generally speaking, I'm not worried. Talib being back will make a big difference for this defense. And I just don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be - the defense closed out games against the Vikings, Seahawks, Chiefs - they held the Saints to 10 points after halftime and played well enough to get the offense the ball back down only 3. And when the offense was playing terribly against the Packers, they kept us in the game and even got a safety to ignite the team.

As far as games being tighter - Vikings, Packers, Seahawks twice, Chiefs and Saints were all one possession games in the fourth quarter. And the defense came through in every game (I blame the offense for going 3 and out against the Saints prior to the Saints catching the game clinching TD). And all that without Talib, who is probably our 2nd best defensive player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":31kc38gz said:
Sgt. Largent":31kc38gz said:
Ramfan128":31kc38gz said:
Sgt. Largent":31kc38gz said:

The Chiefs scored on half of their possessions. They normally score on more than half.

The Chiefs have one of the best offenses in NFL history - so no, I don't mind giving up 37 points to them. Considering the insanely large talent gap on offense between the Seahawks and the Chiefs, it's easy to see how giving up 31 to Seattle twice and giving up 37 to KC - IMO the defense played much, much worse against Seattle. We gave them their season high in scoring - twice.

While the defense has played worse than I thought they would generally speaking, I'm not worried. Talib being back will make a big difference for this defense. And I just don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be - the defense closed out games against the Vikings, Seahawks, Chiefs - they held the Saints to 10 points after halftime and played well enough to get the offense the ball back down only 3. And when the offense was playing terribly against the Packers, they kept us in the game and even got a safety to ignite the team.

As far as games being tighter - Vikings, Packers, Seahawks twice, Chiefs and Saints were all one possession games in the fourth quarter. And the defense came through in every game (I blame the offense for going 3 and out against the Saints prior to the Saints catching the game clinching TD). And all that without Talib, who is probably our 2nd best defensive player.

If you say so, the Rams are ranked worse than the Hawks D, giving up over 25 pts a game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team ... on/defense

Again, I'd be worried going into the playoffs if you don't see a dramatic improvement over the next 5-6 weeks. Because like I said, in the playoffs you shouldn't expect to score 35+ a game, games are ALWAYS tighter and closer.