Raiders-Broncos

Scout

Reaction score
Swept by the Raiders, truly a season full of new lows for ole Russ & the Donks.

Keep in mind that the Broncos have to go play against a tough Carolina defense next week. Then comes matchups against Ravens,
Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams and Chiefs again.

The Rams game should be the "easiest" game for the Broncos. But the fact of the matter is that Rams are capable of scoring more than 16 points with or without Stafford. I am assuming by then that Stafford's concussion concerns will not be an issue by then but you never know.

James in PA

Reaction score
I didn't get to watch any of the game. I just heard Russ wasn't quite as garbage as usual. But the end result was still the same. Were the boo birds out in full throttle?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Huh? Jacobs caught it after he threw on 3rd and 10...Russ had a chance to ice the game, but failed.

I can't believe they didn't run there....

But also and to your point... Why the hell would Russ throw it away when he didn't have anyone???? Slide your butt down, take the "sack" and watch 45 seconds come off the clock.

Crazy that the guy who plans to be the best ever to play the game is dead last in the AFCW

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I didn't get to watch any of the game. I just heard Russ wasn't quite as garbage as usual. But the end result was still the same. Were the boo birds out in full throttle?
At home against the Raiders & he couldn't muster anymore than 16 points. Even his "good" games are still garbage, by franchise QB standards.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm thinking top 5!
(Dare we dream top 3??)
If Broncos lose next week, along with Bears, Raiders and Panthers wins, we'll temporarily be sitting at the #2 pick

Edit, just realized next week Panthers and Broncos are facing each other, and we're facing the Raiders...Nevermind

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
I can't believe they didn't run there....

But also and to your point... Why the hell would Russ throw it away when he didn't have anyone???? Slide your butt down, take the "sack" and watch 45 seconds come off the clock.

Crazy that the guy who plans to be the best ever to play the game is dead last in the AFCW
This 100%
Hackett even called this out in the presser. Maybe Raiders drive the field with 45sec but it would have been harder than with 90sec they had. That throw away saved a sack and negative 5yds for RCWs stat line, but probably cost the game.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Huh? Jacobs caught it after he threw on 3rd and 10...Russ had a chance to ice the game, but failed.
The possibilities of icing the game on 3rd and 10 is very slim like 10%.

The play is usually extend the play while Russ has the ball, and to take a sack, as a last resort so that the clock will still run. Or throw the ball to an open receiver if he thinks they will get a first down.

But what I'm saying is when the Broncos have the ball, the Raiders made a mistake and allowed Jacobs to catch it to the redzone. Meaning it's not his fault that the game got tied, because he did his job.

It is his fault because the offense scored 16 points total.

Raifers

Reaction score
The possibilities of icing the game on 3rd and 10 is very slim like 10%.

The play is usually extend the play while Russ has the ball, and to take a sack, as a last resort so that the clock will still run. Or throw the ball to an open receiver if he thinks they will get a first down.

But what I'm saying is when the Broncos have the ball, the Raiders made a mistake and allowed Jacobs to catch it to the redzone. Meaning it's not his fault that the game got tied, because he did his job.

It is his fault because the offense scored 16 points total.
1. I think he wanted to ice it. Like I alluded to earlier, he tried to do what he did to the Eagles with DK.

2. Yes, he should have taken the sack. He threw it away, that's on him.

3. I'm confused. Jacobs plays for the Raiders, so how can they have made that mistake when the Broncos had the ball? I'm sure the Raiders wanted to get into the red zone and/or end zone, so not sure how that is a mistake either.
It is Russ' fault the game got tied, because of #2. He gave them too much time cuz of the failed 3rd and 10 play.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the Broncos have to go play against a tough Carolina defense next week. Then comes matchups against Ravens,
Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams and Chiefs again.

The Rams game should be the "easiest" game for the Broncos. But the fact of the matter is that Rams are capable of scoring more than 16 points with or without Stafford. I am assuming by then that Stafford's concussion concerns will not be an issue by then but you never know.

Yeah that's a really tough schedule for them. Chiefs twice is brutal.

The Rams are definitely the most winnable game, Stafford's concussion isn't the problem, he has a UCL injury, they should shit him down to have surgery, not sure why they keep running him out there with a lost season.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

Here's a fun link. Postgame radio interviews. First Hackett then Russell, asking about the 3rd down pass to stop the clock giving LV an extra 40 seconds or so in regulation to tie the game. The guy has his head so far up his own ass. He's clearly flustered by any hint of insinuation that he screwed up and Hackett sounds like he's finally had enough of a QB that doesn't listen to anyone

QWERTY

Reaction score
1. I think he wanted to ice it. Like I alluded to earlier, he tried to do what he did to the Eagles with DK.

2. Yes, he should have taken the sack. He threw it away, that's on him.

3. I'm confused. Jacobs plays for the Raiders, so how can they have made that mistake when the Broncos had the ball? I'm sure the Raiders wanted to get into the red zone and/or end zone, so not sure how that is a mistake either.
It is Russ' fault the game got tied, because of #2. He gave them too much time cuz of the failed 3rd and 10 play.
Sorry I made a mistake

What I meant to say was that Broncos made a mistake leaving Jacobs wide open, and letting him get close to the redzone. I believe that the Broncos D could had done a better job defending the pass, because the Raiders didn't had any TO. Also to note, Broncos D is top 5.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Jac

Reaction score

Here's a fun link. Postgame radio interviews. First Hackett then Russell, asking about the 3rd down pass to stop the clock giving LV an extra 40 seconds or so in regulation to tie the game. The guy has his head so far up his own ass. He's clearly flustered by any hint of insinuation that he screwed up and Hackett sounds like he's finally had enough of a QB that doesn't listen to anyone
Not to pile on, but his voice does sound unusually shaky answering the questions about not taking the sack. It sounded like a kid trying to explain to his coach why he screwed up.