Quinn to the Commanders

HawkFreak

Reaction score
per @AdamSchefter

Well that's it.
All HC positions are filled.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm glad DQ got another opportunity. I feel bad that he got so much negativity from the 12's ( myself included) when he was mentioned as a likely candidate for us. He was the DC for our dominating SB winning team and I will always be grateful for that. However, he was also on the wrong end of 2 VERY BAD SBs in which his defenses couldn't hold the lead. While he was good overall with Dallas, they stiill struggled against top offenses. But that Packers playoff loss was the final nail in the coffin for his return here. It was like watching the Hawks the last few years under KNJ and Hurtt. DQ seems like a great guy, but we really needed a clean break from the past.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
The difference in the reactions from teams coaches are leaving is also interesting.
It seems like every Raven fan is sad or mad about losing Macdonald.
I've not heard anything but celebration from Cowboys fans so far about Quinn leaving.

GemCity

Reaction score
I, too, am very relieved that we didn't hire him.

Quinn will take with him a very deep knowledge of the Cowboys, which I'm sure is one of the reasons why the Commanders hired him.
Jones must be steaming😂😂😂

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Imagine being a Commies fan?
First of all, you're called the Washington Football Team for years and then pick the Commies as your name.
Second, you finally get rid of that jackass owner - With the promise of sunny days ahead - only to hire Dan friggan Quinn?

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It is much more pleasant around here today. I can't imagine the freak out level if Quinn would have been hired :ROFLMAO:
Or just lack of enthusiasm - I admit I was teetering and I’ve been begging for Mad mike from day one once Pete stepped down.

It has rejuvenated my interest to say the least. Mad mike in the lab doing mad scientist things has me jacked n pumped

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Imagine being a Commies fan?
First of all, you're called the Washington Football Team for years and then pick the Commies as your name.
Second, you finally get rid of that jackass owner - With the promise of sunny days ahead - only to hire Dan friggan Quinn?

View attachment 64255
Apparently, the taint of Dan Snyder hasn't completely left the building. May take a while.

Jac

Reaction score
Difference in fanbase reactiosn the
The difference in the reactions from teams coaches are leaving is also interesting.
It seems like every Raven fan is sad or mad about losing Macdonald.
I've not heard anything but celebration from Cowboys fans so far about Quinn leaving.
Also with the head coach hires. Washington fans were pretty sure they were getting Ben Johnson and and had to settle for Quinn. I think many of us thought there was a good chance we'd be settling for Quinn at some point and instead got Macdonald.