Question for baseball fans

JPatera76

Reaction score
Why in spring training do some teams play two games at once??

I noticed yesterday on the ticker that the Phillies and Twins played two games at once. The I double checked today, and yup there weren’t double headers but games played at the same time.
15E10025 0C28 4191 83DF 5B945BE7CF19

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah, split squads help coaches have more time with players and gives players more time to review and correct things their working on. These games are meant more as practices and often times a player is working on something specific and needs to review tape or talk with a coach afterwards. That's why they end the games in a tie too, and don't go extra innings.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
hmm. That’s pretty cool actually. For as long as I’ve watched baseball I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it until now. But that makes sense. Wonder why more teams don’t do it, seems like it would be beneficial all around

sutz

Reaction score
The M's have 76 guys in camp this spring if I heard it right. It's over 70 in any event. Gotta get them playing time of some kind to check them out and train them up. I'm sure other teams have similar numbers. I'm not sure if there's a maximum beyond how large their facilities are.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hmm. That’s pretty cool actually. For as long as I’ve watched baseball I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it until now. But that makes sense. Wonder why more teams don’t do it, seems like it would be beneficial all around
They’ve actually have been doing that for as long as I can remember.

If you’re a baseball fan, while it’s expensive, I highly recommend going to spring training, I haven’t been for 25 years, but it’s blast.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
They’ve actually have been doing that for as long as I can remember.

If you’re a baseball fan, while it’s expensive, I highly recommend going to spring training, I haven’t been for 25 years, but it’s blast.
There’s a spring game next weekend vs Colorado in Peoria that my wife and I are actually gunna go to. Pretty excited for it as it’s my first time going to a spring training game and seeing it all.

This is also probably the first year I’ve had time to sit back and actually check out what’s going on in baseball for spring training.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There’s a spring game next weekend vs Colorado in Peoria that my wife and I are actually gunna go to. Pretty excited for it as it’s my first time going to a spring training game and seeing it all.

This is also probably the first year I’ve had time to sit back and actually check out what’s going on in baseball for spring training.
Have fun and don’t forget the sunblock. I’m practically albino and sizzle like bacon in a frying pan without sunblock.

Latest posts