Queen signs with the Steelers 3/41

keasley45

Reaction score
There goes that idea.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Queen, oh well lets see how he does....was he really as good as some say he was or did Roqon Smith and MM make him...we should see...ok

kidhawk

Reaction score
I’m actually surprised. I figured he’d get more like $50 for 3 years. $41 isn’t as bad as I thought.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Not a mondo contract, Queen seemingly not needing to go play for his former DC and MM not feeling like they needed to beat that. I'm surprised, seeing Brooks leave I assumed they'd get him.

Pretty empty FA LB pool left, guess they'll be taking some early in the draft. Very likely R1 pick gets traded for R2/R3 now and roll with the youngins. Couple names from Michigan I bet they'll be high on.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seattle is starting to look like the preferred destination for UDFAs looking to latch onto a team.

Cuz... we got HOLES to fill.

olyfan63

Reaction score
So the market is saying, "Queen was a SYSTEM Linebacker!" ?

We have "System QB's", so why not System Linebackers? I never thought Queen was all that great, basically on par with Jordyn Brooks, a decent LB who played a role well, but not exactly Fred Warner. Queen's stock sure went up when Roquan Smith came on board and MM became his coordinator. Queen got an above-market contract for his skills, and MAY be a good fit with the Steelers, we'll see. Brooks got $10M per year vs. Queen's $14M. I'm glad the Hawks didn't sign Queen to once again overpay a middling-good talent. Leonard Williams is a better investment. Kudos to the JS and MM team.

FYI Fred Warner gets $19M per season. I'd take Warner at $19M over Queen at $14M.

Last edited:

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Who wouldn't want to go play with a guy that wants to win two more super bowls in the next five years?

And Queen in Pittsburg might be the next Devin Bush!

/sarcasm