QB Training Camp Evaluation

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I am interested in hearing from those able to attend Training Camp. How have they looked? Is anyone standing out? I have read some training camp reports and haven't seen very much being reported. I appreciate any feedback regarding the Training Camp battle!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread...

I just read The Athletic's article regarding Saturday's practice. It was a very thorough synopsis from Michael-Shawn Dugar (recommend paying the $1 per month or whatever it is). Sounds like some nice plays from Lockett over the middle (helps with Diggs having the veteran day off), Neal and Bryant are looking strong, Geno is still starting with the number ones, Lock with the number twos. Both had some nice plays and throws but both showed accuracy issues at times, not a surprise.

Josh Jones had the best play of the day, picking off a pass intended for Fant, swatting the ball and making the diving catch to secure the pick.

Kenneth Walker III had two red zone TDs. Metcalf looked like Metcalf. All-in-all it sounds like a lot of players are putting in the work, showcasing loads of potential. As usual the D is ahead of the O in general early in training camp.

toffee

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread...

I just read The Athletic's article regarding Saturday's practice. It was a very thorough synopsis from Michael-Shawn Dugar (recommend paying the $1 per month or whatever it is). Sounds like some nice plays from Lockett over the middle (helps with Diggs having the veteran day off), Neal and Bryant are looking strong, Geno is still starting with the number ones, Lock with the number twos. Both had some nice plays and throws but both showed accuracy issues at times, not a surprise.

Josh Jones had the best play of the day, picking off a pass intended for Fant, swatting the ball and making the diving catch to secure the pick.

Kenneth Walker III had two red zone TDs. Metcalf looked like Metcalf. All-in-all it sounds like a lot of players are putting in the work, showcasing loads of potential. As usual the D is ahead of the O in general early in training camp.
sounded like the DBs behaved, didn't verbally abuse the QB like how Sherm shouted you suck at Russ after an INT.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
According to Mike Salk this morning, he said both QBs looked average and missed easy throws. They both threw red zone INTs. They make the defense look really good.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah yesterday was all defense. Both Lock and Smith looked like, um, Lock and Smith, lol.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully our defense can keep us afloat until we can draft a QB (and a great one). So many ifs... Until then, at least it's good to see some trash talk and fire.

Yeah yesterday was all defense. Both Lock and Smith looked like, um, Lock and Smith, lol.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
sounded like the DBs behaved, didn't verbally abuse the QB like how Sherm shouted you suck at Russ after an INT.
I am glad to hear this. Right now is an important time for our quarterbacks. They need to develop their understanding of the offense and develop self confidence in their passing skills. Part of this confidence is being able to rely on and have good relationships with the receivers and other team-mates. This is so important...I believe this "shared confidence" was influential in the turn around of Rashaad Penny last season, when he met up with Adrian Peterson.

I think both Geno and Drew are excellent athletes...But how do you break through to the next level, to be an excellent quarterback? If I was them, I would consider hypnosis (not joking), hire my own coach / trainer and nutritionist. This is a golden opportunity for one of them and could be worth millions of dollars.

I am such a "Homer", always feeling optimistic, but I really think that we will make the playoffs this year. We have new young players that still don't know (or feel) their limitations and are shooting for the stars, we have some of the best receivers and running backs in the NFL and a new defensive unit that is going to be able to dominate games. But, the whole team needs to have both self confidence and be able to feel confident about their team-mates.

Playoffs!!!

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I also think that the Seahawks should give Bo Scarbrough a workout. He sure looked good in the USFL games and could add a bigger "fullback like" option. Our current starters are speedsters...Think about a bigger back adding a "Mike Tyson" like presence. Heavy shots to the body by Scarbrough would wear them down, then a kill shot to the head with speed, or at the edge, by Penny or Walker. That is how to wear down and knock an opponent out.

But after that, a pass to one of our star receivers against a worn out defense will seal the deal!

Playoffs!!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
I also think that the Seahawks should give Bo Scarbrough a workout. He sure looked good in the USFL games and could add a bigger "fullback like" option. Our current starters are speedsters...Think about a bigger back adding a "Mike Tyson" like presence. Heavy shots to the body by Scarbrough would wear them down, then a kill shot to the head with speed, or at the edge, by Penny or Walker. That is how to wear down and knock an opponent out.

But after that, a pass to one of our star receivers against a worn out defense will seal the deal!

Playoffs!!!
Penny has the size to run inside, and has gotten better at it, especially since the mentoring by Adrian Peterson. I for sure concur that change-of-pace options, Thunder and Lightning, would be a good thing, whether Scarborough or other pickup.

toffee

Reaction score

Playoffs!!!
penny is as big if not bigger than Scarbrough.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Ok then...how about Poona? What a load he would be...and he can run! :)

toffee

Reaction score
Ok then...how about Poona? What a load he would be...and he can run! :)
at 4.8 sec 40 yards. Poona didn't quite have the speed but at over 300 lbs, sure could hit the hole hard. Love to see him run for the must have 4th and 2 yards.

Ruminator

Reaction score
They don't need to tell them the obvious. They already know they suck.
If Lock and Smith suck, then Eason must really suck, the way he's rarely ever mentioned. Scary to think that the Seahawks have a QB of such suckitude on their roster. Should we start calling them Larry, Moe, and Curly?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Lock and Smith suck, then Eason must really suck, the way he's rarely ever mentioned. Scary to think that the Seahawks have a QB of such suckitude on their roster. Should we start calling them Larry, Moe, and Curly?
He does really suck. Man doesn't move his feet. Looks like his feet are in cement in the pocket. Exists solely on arm talent.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I am glad to hear this. Right now is an important time for our quarterbacks. They need to develop their understanding of the offense and develop self confidence in their passing skills. Part of this confidence is being able to rely on and have good relationships with the receivers and other team-mates. This is so important...I believe this "shared confidence" was influential in the turn around of Rashaad Penny last season, when he met up with Adrian Peterson.

I think both Geno and Drew are excellent athletes...But how do you break through to the next level, to be an excellent quarterback? If I was them, I would consider hypnosis (not joking), hire my own coach / trainer and nutritionist. This is a golden opportunity for one of them and could be worth millions of dollars.

I am such a "Homer", always feeling optimistic, but I really think that we will make the playoffs this year. We have new young players that still don't know (or feel) their limitations and are shooting for the stars, we have some of the best receivers and running backs in the NFL and a new defensive unit that is going to be able to dominate games. But, the whole team needs to have both self confidence and be able to feel confident about their team-mates.

Playoffs!!!

Interesting press with Drew Lock about his time in training camp.

If you have the time, interviews with Coby Bryant and Shane Waldren follow (plus others).