Prime time games (or lack thereof)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3gx4lpg6 said:
I cared about prime time games while living In Iowa before the Sunday Ticket existed or I could afford it. They were my only way of watching the Hawks. I couldn't care less now, and actually prefer regular Sunday games.
Kinda how I feel.

Aros pointed out truth. Seattle fans love watching ass kickings, but normal NFL fans don't tune in to see their favorite fantasy stars look like dogshit in a 35-7 ass whipping. Or at least don't stay tuned in. Blame fantasy football, blame ratings, blame East Coast whatever.

For season ticket holders, I get the disappointment. Prime time games are a damn party.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":w2i8ytty said:
I know it's a bitch for those not in local coverage area and without a package to see them, but there are advantages, less bandwagon fans, when we get to the playoffs were a lot more of an unknown factor. They can take away a national game but they can't take away the win records. This fan base and team perform at home, National coverage or not.

They will have a hard time not televising us in the playoffs :)

It's funny and ironic, but the more bandwagon fans we get after SB wins, the more likely the league caves in and gives us more prime time games. You know, pretty much the entire reason teams like Dallas and Pittsburgh get more prime times than we do and both are average to poor teams.

Every successful team gets bandwagon fans after a SB win. It's a part of being (or becoming) a successful, maturing franchise. How many fans did the Patriots have (outside of Boston), honestly, before they won anything ? The Niners fans give us nothing but grief, but they took about as long to win their first ring....and outside of SF, how many fans did they have nationally when they had won nothing ?

I know it's annoying because other dumbasses from different fan bases point and call us all bandwagoners. But honestly, we need to embrace these new fans, as it's the step to national relevance (and dominance) in ratings and fan influence. If we want to be that "best kept secret in the country, tucked up into the remote PNW and OUR local team" we're going to have to go back to sucking. People like winners.

Largent80

Reaction score
I got Sunday ticket this year so I could watch every Hawk game. I could care less when they start except I am NOT a fan of a 10:00 a.m. pacific start time.