Post draft press conference

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
During the post draft press conference JS was asked by a reporter what the Seahawks plan at QB beyond 2025 the look on John’s face was priceless, had a WTF look and answered with “are you serious ?” talking about how happy they were with the current QB situation

All I could think of is all the board members who have posted about the Hawks having to draft a QB this year even after trading for Sam Howell. You all know who you are!

Rat

Reaction score
Don't blame him for being supportive of his guys. I also don't blame anyone who doesn't think our QTOTF is currently on the roster.

Scout

Reaction score
They have a high opinion of Howell so I think that is abundantly clear.

Howell according to what I could find is that he played in 37 collegiate games. A lot of analytics tends to lean on QB's that played at least 30+ college games tend to have higher chance of success in the pros. Same reason why most NFL teams judge QB's with 32 NFL starts aka old 16 game schedule or 2 seasons worth. Howell is near that boundary as a pro but his collegiate resume is impressive and an indicator he has a shot of maybe sticking around in the NFL.

There’s obviously nothing stating Fields, Lance and Jones can’t or won’t be successful because of their lack of games in college, but to develop into the franchise quarterbacks their new teams will be counting on them to become would be to make history.
That article is from 2021 but there is more work done before 2021 and beyond 2021 that shows QB's with very few collegiate attempts and games played tend to be more of a gamble. As we can see with the power of time in 2024 that Fields, Lance and Jones are all on different teams now.

Howell had 1117 attempts at the collegiate level.

Bottom line is that Howell either can ascend as a starter or be a quality backup.

Last edited:

Latest posts